Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema... Yay or nay?

Started by LZH, April 01, 2017, 09:15:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 09:27:17 am
Seems to be saying a fan is naive if we think our program is clean. Do you care to explain how that sentence can be interpreted in another way?

That depends how one gauges "clean", correct?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 06, 2017, 09:59:25 am
That depends how one gauges "clean", correct?

I see you still don't have the character to admit when you are wrong. Carry on.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 10:20:09 am

He's just pissed like the rest of us.

Pork Twain

Hard to imagine any coach walking into a better situation at Arkansas than HDN and hard to imagine any coach walking into a worse one than CBB.  Taking into account recruits on campus, upcoming in-state talent a and strength of the conference.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogcard1964

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 10:20:09 am

Wrong?

HawgWyld

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 10:31:40 am
All too true.

Now, the Athletic Department should really start to worry if fans stop getting pissed when the team is down...

razorsharptusk

Quote from: Steef on April 01, 2017, 09:26:41 am
I'm not 'judging' him on numbers of wins. I'm 'judging' him the same way I always have...what does the team/product look like on the field during the game?

LaTech was a 'win' last year, but we sucked and just happened to score more points than them.

Couple years ago, we lost to Bama 14-15....but gave them ALL they wanted.

In short, wins/losses don't tell all the story.

This year, we OUGHT to have a decent offense. Defense....who the heck knows? But the other guys come to play too... and we have a BRUTAL schedule. Worst I've seen in years. We could easily lose a couple games at the end...just from exhaustion.

Instead of wins/losses, I'll say this...if this team has one more "I don't care about finishing the second half of the game"....Bret can find another job.

I totally agree!
GO HOGS!!

ChitownHawg

Is he? On any given post his opinion switches back and forth.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: HawgWyld on April 06, 2017, 10:38:53 am
All too true.

Now, the Athletic Department should really start to worry if fans stop getting pissed when the team is down...

They should.  Do you honestly think Frank Broyles would put up with this horseshit?

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 10:41:48 am

I'm not sure of that.....I just think he wants to win.

ChitownHawg

LZH

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 10:53:47 am
Are you gonna pick on me all day?

Well, they closed the Politics Board, so my frustration has to go somewhere.  ;)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 10:55:48 am
Well, they closed the Politics Board, so my frustration has to go somewhere.  ;)

Should we get a room?

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 10:43:25 am
They should.  Do you honestly think Frank Broyles would put up with this horseshit?

Sure he would. Frank was no stranger to mediocre seasons.

hogcard1964

Evolving thingies...    ;)

Pork Twain

Inability to receive information and adapt one's stance, is not a strength.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

LZH

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 06, 2017, 11:11:39 am
Inability to receive information and adapt one's stance, is not a strength.

Are you making fun of my pecker?

hogcard1964

dallashog83

Quote from: hogsanity on April 05, 2017, 11:11:54 am
This type of post here always cracks me up. 1 - how do you know he does not do that? I mean he pretty much fired the DC, I'd say losing your job is being held accountable. 2- How do you know they do not hold the players accountable? Just because they do not bench a player does not mean they like how they are playing, it may just mean even with their flaws and mistakes they are the best available at a certain spot.

First, I am glad I could be a source of entertainment for you.  Second, I do not "know" he does not do that, but from the lack of results and overall improvement of play from our line as they year progressed, I would say that no he does not do that.  At least in a visible results oriented sense.  When I see our line with basically the same personnel as the year before playing at a level that is inferior to their play the previous year, then something is amiss somewhere.  Third, I understand, probably a lot more than you realize, about bench depth and playing the best player irregardless of their production.  However, sometimes it is advantageous to play the less talented player with a large heart who improves each week over the more talented player with tons of potential.  This is especially true if that potential is getting you beat which I believe it did last year in our inability to pick up basic front movements, stunts,and blitzes throughout the year.  As I stated previously this was just my hope and you can of course have a different opinion.  With all that being said when the fall finally arrives and our beloved Hogs hit the field you will find me in my seat at every home game cheering on every play without regard to score or quarter.

Pork Twain

gchamblee

What are you pissed about?

gchamblee

This is hogtard in every post...

PorkRinds

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on April 06, 2017, 12:33:52 pm
This is hogtard in every post...

+1000... one of the best modern day actors.

But I'm going with this one:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 06, 2017, 08:31:26 am
Basically what I get out of it is how our fan base views if other teams get highly rated players they are 100% getting paid (that's probably true most if not all of the time) but if we were to ever get players like that our fanbase will claim it's all 100% legit.

I agree with the premise that you can't have it both ways. If you automatically believe that teams who recruit blue chip players at a high rate are cheating (especially teams that historically don't recruit that well) while at the same time believing a top 10 class for the Hogs would be 100% legit with no funny business.....well that would be the perfect case of Hog homer fan rose colored glasses looking the other way.
It depends on program and it also depends on how many instate players are apart of that class. For example there is no way that Ole Miss had all of a sudden turned into a program that could get top players from anywhere and from all over the country. We all knew there was something funny about that picture and eventually it came out like we knew it would.

If Arkansas was to recruit a top 10 class and half of them were from Arkansas including the highest rated ones there is no need to be suspicious. But if Arkansas had a top 10 class and only, let's say 5 were from Arkansas and the rest were from all over the country including the highest rated ones then I'm sure some red flags would be raised. At this stage anyways. Let's hope we can get to the point where we can start to recruit nationally instead of just locally. JMO though...Carry on...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 06, 2017, 11:21:42 am
LOL!!!!

I'm trying to get it to grow......don't be so hateful!!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 06, 2017, 12:44:45 pm
+1000... one of the best modern day actors.

But I'm going with this one:

Why is that gorilla throwing you against the fence?  8)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 06, 2017, 01:14:08 pm
Why is that gorilla throwing you against the fence?  8)

That is just so screwed up....I could call you names but out of respect, I won't.

Screw it........smart ass!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 01:19:07 pm
That is just so screwed up....I could call you names but out of respect, I won't.

Screw it........smart ass!

Yes. Yes I am.  ;D

On the other "size" issue - a stout string, a back bumper of a car, and a lead foot should do the trick.  ;)

hogcard1964