Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inside the cockpit of the AIRBUS A380

Started by CampuspostmanHOG, February 03, 2008, 12:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CampuspostmanHOG

The Airbus A380 is the largest passenger airliner in the world. It can seat more than 850 people. Check out this panporamic view inside the cockpit.

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

By the way, what's the origin of the term "cockpit".  :P

Porquemada

abq

Wow, the Engineer's station is reduced to a laptop with all the systems info easily available. No huge banks of circuit breakers. Toggles, instead of bulky T-handles in the Fire Control panel. Nice.

AirForceHog

A lot aircraft are going to screens with minimal switches. Pretty amazing technology.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Porquemada

The business jet I work on, the Falcon F7X, doesn't even have a yoke. It has a joystick set-up for the Fly-by-wire. I think the only manual switches in the cockpit are for external power. I think the cockpit setup is called the EASy System.

Porquemada

Table Rocker

how many pilots are in there each flight? i counted 5 seats

Porquemada

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 03, 2008, 01:51:32 pm
how many pilots are in there each flight? i counted 5 seats
Depending on the length of the flight, these large planes usually carry two complete crews.

PulledPork

anybody notice where the cd player was?  I couldn't find it..... ;D

Pulled In!

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: PulledPork on February 03, 2008, 01:55:21 pm
anybody notice where the cd player was?  I couldn't find it..... ;D   I thought I saw the fish finder in the left hand corner?

Pulled In!
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

hogbymarriage

There is no engineer's station.  It takes two qualified crew members to operate as certificated.  If the flight is over 8 hours of flight time it requires an augmented crew of either an RFO or complete replacement crew. The IPOD hooks up to the screen in the center pedestal.  You can then play your movies on that screen.

abq

Quote from: hogbymarriage on February 03, 2008, 10:37:55 pm
There is no engineer's station.  It takes two qualified crew members to operate as certificated.  If the flight is over 8 hours of flight time it requires an augmented crew of either an RFO or complete replacement crew. The IPOD hooks up to the screen in the center pedestal.  You can then play your movies on that screen.

Then what is the laptop with the systems parameters display?

PigPusher

Impressive but there is a lot of duplication in avionics from pilot to copilot which is very practical.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Mark Lericos

I wonder if Kareem Abdul would fit in the co-pilot seat?   8)