Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Guards -

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 12, 2017, 04:52:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

4 Star Khalil Garland is coming in to play the *Point Guard* position. 

Lets say the Hogs get a comittment from 4 Star Amauri Hardy.

Jaylen Barford has been running the Point the majority of last season with Anton Beard as the backup with RJ Glasper coming off the bench.

That leaves Daryl Macon & CJ Jones as the lone SG's with the departure of Hannah's. 

My question to the board is which players pegged as primary PG's will get a wealth of PT at the SG position???

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 12, 2017, 04:52:45 pm
4 Star Khalil Garland is coming in to play the *Point Guard* position. 

Lets say the Hogs get a comittment from 4 Star Amauri Hardy.

Jaylen Barford has been running the Point the majority of last season with Anton Beard as the backup with RJ Glasper coming off the bench.

That leaves Daryl Macon & CJ Jones as the lone SG's with the departure of Hannah's. 

My question to the board is which players pegged as primary PG's will get a wealth of PT at the SG position???

I'm not sure labeling guys "1-5" is applicable to a motion offense.  It's more just guards and posts.  Or at least, a PG then guards and posts.

azhog10

Hardy can play the point and the two guard. Garland can play the point and the three. Barford can play the point or the three. Macon can play point or the two. Beard can play the point or the two. CJ can play the two or three. As you can see most of these guards are interchangeable. Macon, Barford, Garland, or Hardy could play the point at any given time. When we get the ball off makes or misses it's not uncommon for different guys to bring the ball up. This would give us much needed depth and allow us to utilize mismatches. If we had a PG or guard like Hardy, I think Macon cramping becomes less of an issue. Hardy can be lethal in pick and roll and also creating shots for others. He's also a plus shooter. Garland is more of a slasher, but also a good distributor of the rock. We will have a lot of flexibility by adding someone like Hardy to the roster.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: azhog10 on April 12, 2017, 06:09:52 pm
Hardy can play the point and the two guard. Garland can play the point and the three. Barford can play the point or the three. Macon can play point or the two. Beard can play the point or the two. CJ can play the two or three. As you can see most of these guards are interchangeable. Macon, Barford, Garland, or Hardy could play the point at any given time. When we get the ball off makes or misses it's not uncommon for different guys to bring the ball up. This would give us much needed depth and allow us to utilize mismatches. If we had a PG or guard like Hardy, I think Macon cramping becomes less of an issue. Hardy can be lethal in pick and roll and also creating shots for others. He's also a plus shooter. Garland is more of a slasher, but also a good distributor of the rock. We will have a lot of flexibility by adding someone like Hardy to the roster.

Thank you sir
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on April 12, 2017, 05:07:18 pm

I'm not sure labeling guys "1-5" is applicable to a motion offense.  It's more just guards and posts.  Or at least, a PG then guards and posts.

True when you consider just about everyone touches the ball.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*