Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooch

Went 3-2 last night 8-4 in college. 

Huck, looks like you had a good night congrats.

iluvmyslute89

i picked a booger. it was both rewarding and delicious.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hooch on January 16, 2013, 04:47:51 pm
Went

NC State +2.5
Boise st -3
Wichita st -9
Miss ST.  +3
K State -12

All state teams tonight, didn't realize til I posted that.  The NC State pick seems too good to be true, the hook if you will but it got me. 

I didn't take the boise game but went 3-1 on the others. great stuff. MSU is lost haha. I don't think anyone could have imagined that big of a loss.

Once again lost my only NBA game. When will I learn?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hooch on January 17, 2013, 04:00:50 am
Went 3-2 last night 8-4 in college. 

Huck, looks like you had a good night congrats.

Thank YOU.  I'm just taking your picks, doing a little bit of research on ESPN, then narrowing it down to 3 or 4 that I am comfortable with.  Really, really appreciate your help!

Went 3-1 last night, liked that.  I couldn't believe Miss. St. lost by that much at home.  They have back to back road games coming up, might be a team I want to watch.  They keep playing that bad I'll be taking Tennessee and Arkansas both at home. 

Stayed away from the Boise St. game because of conflicting opinions on here.  I would have gone Boise St. had I bet the game, good thing I didn't!

What do we got tonight?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 15, 2013, 11:04:45 pm
no problem, I don't usually get info on basketball games until a few hours before they tip but my buddy who uses this service out of reno just emailed me and said they are hot on New Mexico tomorrow night who as it sits now it getting 3 pts at Boise St

these OT games are killing my stress but 2-0 so a win is a win, should have a good play later on today from Reno service and will pass any info along

Huckleberry Pig

January 17, 2013, 11:48:44 am #2355 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:44:09 pm by Huckleberry Pig
Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 17, 2013, 11:26:01 am
these OT games are killing my stress but 2-0 so a win is a win, should have a good play later on today from Reno service and will pass any info along

haha OT saved me two days ago and then last night I got NC State at +1.5 and they lost by 1... definitely cutting it close lately! haha

thanks for the info... do you pay a monthly fee from that Reno service?

At first glance I'm liking The Citadel at +24 @ Davidson.

Also leaning Appalachain St. +2 @ Tenn. Chattanooga. 

Thoughts?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 17, 2013, 11:48:44 am
haha OT saved me two days ago and then last night I got NC State at +1.5 and they lost by 1... definitely cutting it close lately! haha

thanks for the info... do you pay a monthly fee from that Reno service?

At first glance I'm liking The Citadel at +24 @ Davidson.

Also leaning Appalachain St. +2 @ Tenn. Chattanooga. 

Thoughst?

I actually don't pay crap for it but my buddy in Houston pays like $40 a month and since this one guy has been so hot lately it has peeked my interest, I should have at least one play later on that I will post as soon as he emails me.

Huckleberry Pig

January 17, 2013, 03:53:56 pm #2357 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:06:10 pm by Huckleberry Pig
So far I've put 2 units on:
Oregan (-4) @ USC

1 unit on:
The Citadel (+24) @ Davidson

and put 1/2 a unit on:
Appalachian St (+2) @ Tennessee Chattanooga

Hawgndaaz

A&M getting 10 points at home is interesting. They beat the breaks off us and then beat Kentucky. I realize KY is down this year, but 10 points at home (although their crowd against us sucked) is a ton for a team that has played and shot well lately.

HogFanInBryant

I am playing one game tonight per the service pick and its a late one.....playing $150 on Oregon -4 and they expect them to blow them out by double digits.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 17, 2013, 04:34:28 pm
I am playing one game tonight per the service pick and its a late one.....playing $150 on Oregon -4 and they expect them to blow them out by double digits.

worried that Oregon might look ahead to the UCLA game (aka trap game) but I'll go with you on this.  I added 2 units on Oregon -4.  I will update my previous post to show this

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 17, 2013, 04:55:22 pm
worried that Oregon might look ahead to the UCLA game (aka trap game) but I'll go with you on this.  I added a unit on Oregon -4.  I will update my previous post to show this

good luck hope they just beat their ass by about 30 so I can go to bed early lol

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 17, 2013, 05:03:41 pm
good luck hope they just beat their ass by about 30 so I can go to bed early lol

thanks, appreciate the tip.  Me too, did some research on ESPN and liked the matchup, added another unit to make it 2 total.  Hope it pulls through!

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 17, 2013, 05:06:58 pm
thanks, appreciate the tip.  Me too, did some research on ESPN and liked the matchup, added another unit to make it 2 total.  Hope it pulls through!

me and you both, want to pad the online wagering acct so I can fire big this weekend in NFL, if things work out I want to bet $500 on over 51.5 in NE-Balt

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 17, 2013, 06:50:47 pm
me and you both, want to pad the online wagering acct so I can fire big this weekend in NFL, if things work out I want to bet $500 on over 51.5 in NE-Balt

agreed.  I really really like that bet.  Baltimore can put up pts, they scored what 35 in regulation against one of the best D's in the league, in 19 degree weather.  People underestimate their offense.  And we all know about new england.  Really like that over and I actually really like the ravens to cover at +9

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 17, 2013, 07:22:24 pm
agreed.  I really really like that bet.  Baltimore can put up pts, they scored what 35 in regulation against one of the best D's in the league, in 19 degree weather.  People underestimate their offense.  And we all know about new england.  Really like that over and I actually really like the ravens to cover at +9

the only thing that scares me is that all year NE has kinda struggled against the run and I really thought Foster and the Texans would be able to run at will against them but man did they shut down the Texans run game.....either way I expect both teams to easily score into the high 20s and you know one of them will get into the 30s....and NE can get up in the 40s if they are clicking on offense....nothing about either of these 2 teams defenses really scares me too much other than the way NE shut down the Texans run game, but maybe the Texans just were not that good?  that is what I am hoping

WILL CLINTON

I'm tailing both of you on Oregon tonight. hope it hits, put 35% of my online account on it.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 17, 2013, 08:43:54 pm
I'm tailing both of you on Oregon tonight. hope it hits, put 35% of my online account on it.

crap dude, I don't want that kind of pressure if it falls short lol, but this handicapper out of Reno has been kicking butt all year on basketball, I have only been on the bandwagon for a week or so but will keep putting the picks on here as long as he doesn't hit a cold spell------which we all know no matter how good some of these guys are they do get cold eventually

Huckleberry Pig

OT finally got me on the Appalachian state game, lost that bet by 1pt... guess I was due haha.  and Citadel scored a total of 38pts.. sweet mother of pearl. 

put an extra 1/2 unit on Oregon to makeup for my previous losses (yes I know, not supposed to lol) but being that these are small bets im not too worried.  Come on Ducks!!!

HogFanInBryant

watching the game on ESPNU now and man they are both throwing up 3's like crazy......these games scare me bc if one team gets real hot or cold things can change very fast, but liking what I see so far out of Oregon, they look to have far superior players

HogFanInBryant

wow Oregon killed us tonight, up by 11 with 3 min left and got sloppy, this one hurt bad!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 18, 2013, 12:15:34 am
wow Oregon killed us tonight, up by 11 with 3 min left and got sloppy, this one hurt bad!

saw that on my bet tracker, went to bed in a good mood, woke up confused haha.  Oh well, it happens. 

Hooch where you at man?! I went 3-1 when you gave me your picks, by myself i'm a sold 0-3 haha Definitely need to hold off on pickin my own, don't know enough about it. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 18, 2013, 08:39:54 am
saw that on my bet tracker, went to bed in a good mood

Same here, ha. That bet tracker is solid, isn't it?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 18, 2013, 08:54:19 am
Same here, ha. That bet tracker is solid, isn't it?

I love it.  Really like how you can label bets differently, so if I'm just following some games that I dont plan on playing but just to see how I'd do, I can label those differently than ones I actually bet.  the stats page is great.  all around, great app.  thanks for the suggestion

McKdaddy

The labeling is great...tracks separately how bad my bets suck vs those I copy from Jeff and Hooch, ha.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 18, 2013, 09:51:19 am
The labeling is great...tracks separately how bad my bets suck vs those I copy from Jeff and Hooch, ha.

exactly hahah

got a $10 four play parlay for this weekend...

Niners -4.5
Niners vs Falcons Over 49
Ravens +8
Ravens vs Patriots Over 51.5

HogFanInBryant

If anyone just loves any games tonight let me know.  I still can't understand how Oregon blew that lead, USC was dragging ass so bad and it looked headed for a 20+ point victory.  UGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Evidently I am insane, but

Atlanta +4 / 5 units

Pats -8 / 5 units

NE / Baltimore under 51.5 / 5 units

Three team parlay same way for 1 unit.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 18, 2013, 09:51:19 am

I'm just lucky MCK
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 18, 2013, 04:52:09 pm

Atlanta +4 / 5 units

Pats -8 / 5 units

The way the games went last week, that's an interesting under play you have there.

McKdaddy

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 18, 2013, 04:54:24 pm
The way the games went last week, that's an interesting under play you have there.

Yes sir it is.  I may be dead wrong, but !!!! I do things based on my research. I was pretty clear via text that the over was pure gold with broncos ravens last week. Public perception was under there I do believe. Not saying I will be correct. Only telling you guys how I am betting.
Let's make some waves.

HogFanInBryant

January 18, 2013, 07:42:38 pm #2382 Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:57:25 pm by HogFanInBryant
What are you guys thinking about this bet for $500 that would pay $450:

6.5 point teaser 49ers +2 and over 45 in Pats-Ravs

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 18, 2013, 07:42:38 pm

I do not like it. Mainly because I HATE teasers! :)
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 18, 2013, 04:52:09 pm

Atlanta +4 / 5 units

Pats -8 / 5 units

100% tailing you....
Quote from: HogFanInBryant on January 17, 2013, 09:03:50 pm
crap dude, I don't want that kind of pressure if it falls short lol, but this handicapper out of Reno has been kicking butt all year on basketball, I have only been on the bandwagon for a week or so but will keep putting the picks on here as long as he doesn't hit a cold spell------which we all know no matter how good some of these guys are they do get cold eventually

I'm what's known in the game as "a cooler"...I can kill a win streak just by thinking about betting a game. Bad thing is, I saw somewhere giving a tip on the over in that game as well, think it was 133 or something, so I put a parlay on Ore -4 and over 133.

Huckleberry Pig

going the opposite way of Jeff and Will... not feeling so good about my bets anymore  :o

HogFanInBryant

playing $100 on Gonzaga tonight -2.5 at Butler.....4 star pick on Reno service, they have gone 4-3 today but I have been busy with stuff and just now getting to look over his picks

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 19, 2013, 05:31:50 pm
going the opposite way of Jeff and Will... not feeling so good about my bets anymore  :o

You are really just going the opposite of Jeff. I am betting the EXACT same thing, but with a little more variety in the parlays. I'm in a dead period until College Football, but I think with my new approach to studying for the games next year could be a doozy.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 19, 2013, 07:14:09 pm
You are really just going the opposite of Jeff. I am betting the EXACT same thing, but with a little more variety in the parlays. I'm in a dead period until College Football, but I think with my new approach to studying for the games next year could be a doozy.

whats this new approach?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 19, 2013, 07:35:25 pm
whats this new approach?

To actually do some studying...lol

For real though, it's just taking the same information I already use, but start collecting data earlier in the year, maybe try my hand at some statistical analysis from data over the past few years and just be more prepared than I am. The hardest part about this is that there is SO MUCH information available I don't want to get drowned in data and start questioning my picks half way through the week.

Most people would be amazed at how little I actually study and play off trends. I play off my gut more than anything else.

McKdaddy

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 19, 2013, 09:23:26 pm
To actually do some studying...lol

For real though, it's just taking the same information I already use, but start collecting data earlier in the year, maybe try my hand at some statistical analysis from data over the past few years and just be more prepared than I am. The hardest part about this is that there is SO MUCH information available I don't want to get drowned in data and start questioning my picks half way through the week.

Most people would be amazed at how little I actually study and play off trends. I play off my gut more than anything else.

Haha I hear ya.  It's a week long process for me, but I make my first picks on Tuesday and they are all based on guy feel.  I then revisit them each day doing a bit if research.  If I come cross something that changes my mind on a game I simply remove it from my board. I don't use line movement much to sway my opinion on a game ad rarely use some of the wacky trends some touts will find in order to sell their service.  Like Steelers are 10-4-2 in Sunday games with a noon start at home in the rain. Those things I never use.  Rarely were any of the same players in the field from even halfway thru that trend and more often than not its a different coaching staff.

I use analysis from the previous year and current year to make my picks.  Once I lock in on a game I never change my pick based on what someone else predicts or who the bulk of the action is wrong.  95 of 100 people could literally flip a coin and have about the same percentage they hit making their own picks.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

I'm really regretting my Over on the Pat's Ravens game.  Other than that, feel pretty good about my picks, but wish I could change that one

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 20, 2013, 10:10:33 am
I'm really regretting my Over on the Pat's Ravens game.  Other than that, feel pretty good about my picks, but wish I could change that one

Never know they might score 80
Let's make some waves.

Hooch

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 17, 2013, 08:46:48 am
Thank YOU.  I'm just taking your picks, doing a little bit of research on ESPN, then narrowing it down to 3 or 4 that I am comfortable with.  Really, really appreciate your help!

Went 3-1 last night, liked that.  I couldn't believe Miss. St. lost by that much at home.  They have back to back road games coming up, might be a team I want to watch.  They keep playing that bad I'll be taking Tennessee and Arkansas both at home. 

Stayed away from the Boise St. game because of conflicting opinions on here.  I would have gone Boise St. had I bet the game, good thing I didn't!

What do we got tonight?

No prob I have been on a little vacation so haven't posted anything. 

I actually went Atlanta +4.5 in NFL and going to go NE tonight. 

I havent made a bet since Wed. 

I put $50 on NC State tonight in CBB

Hooch

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 20, 2013, 10:10:33 am

I like the over in that one.  I have a buddy I call and bounce some stuff off of him, usually pretty successful, that is his favorite play of the day.  May just tail him on that one.

Quote from: Hooch on January 20, 2013, 03:52:36 pm
I like the over in that one.  I have a buddy I call and bounce some stuff off of him, usually pretty successful, that is his favorite play of the day.  May just tail him on that one.

I think I am the only person in the world playing the under in that, but I have my reasons.  I think many people are weighing what happened last week in playing that over. Houston isn't playing with that garbage pretend D.  It's not 12 degrees today in foxboro like it was in Denver last week. Nobody likes to tackle when it's that cold. Brady doesn't generally light it up against the ravens.

Pats 31 ravens 17
Let's make some waves.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 20, 2013, 04:40:25 pm
I think I am the only person in the world playing the under in that, but I have my reasons.  I think many people are weighing what happened last week in playing that over. Houston isn't playing with that garbage pretend D.  It's not 12 degrees today in foxboro like it was in Denver last week. Nobody likes to tackle when it's that cold. Brady doesn't generally light it up against the ravens.

Pats 31 ravens 17

nice call on the under, I got killed because I had over 51.5 straight up for $200 and also had a $250 teaser with 49ers +2 and over 45 in Pats/Ravens but I did manage to win $200 on over 48.5 in 49ers/Falcons which kept me from being on suicide watch today lol

HogFanInBryant

I do already have word from my buddy that the Reno handicapper has come with a 5 star strong play on Texas +7 tomorrow against Oklahoma.

Huckleberry Pig

well I missed the 9ers game by 1/2 a pt, got the over, then got the ravens but missed the over lol  live and learn.  I really cant wait till next year.  After how much I have learned from ya'll this year, really looking forward to next year in football. 

Gonna put $100 in the acct to play around with for college basketball for the rest of the season but will end it at that.  gonna be small plays from here on out. 

Oh and Ravens will win the super bowl.