Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 11:07:04 am

I have a confession...

Started by ambien_sky, December 07, 2017, 04:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ambien_sky

I love the razorbacks, and I fully support them.  But,  I HATE the hog call.  To me,  it's the dumbest thing in college football. When I am at games, and everyone calls the hogs,  I am embarrassed, and don't participate.  I hate it when they do it on national television,  like today with Chad Morris.  I had to mute the TV I was so embarrassed.  I was hoping not too many people were watching at the end.

I know that all of the college football programs have their thing,  but to me,  ours is by far the most humiliating.  To be honest,  I wish they would just stop doing it,  or come up with something new. 

There. I said it.  I feel much better now.

hogfan446

woo.pig

Send this one to the pit of misery!!!

bjeffersonhog

I'm honestly scared for you right now.... you might want to go into witness protection immediately.... I am looking forward to reading the comments though

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Uncommon

Lol.  You should've kept this to yourself.

Gerald Gilber

you have gone and stepped in it now
Can we play all our games at home????

Kevin

the hog call is great and unique.  there is nothing like being a part of it, especially on the road when beating someone or in a bar in Ireland, with everyone looking at you like What? then you teach them, and they join in
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigz

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 07, 2017, 04:21:39 pm
I love the razorbacks, and I fully support them.  But,  I HATE the hog call.  To me,  it's the dumbest thing in college football. When I am at games, and everyone calls the hogs,  I am embarrassed, and don't participate.  I hate it when they do it on national television,  like today with Chad Morris.  I had to mute the TV I was so embarrassed.  I was hoping not too many people were watching at the end.

I know that all of the college football programs have their thing,  but to me,  ours is by far the most humiliating.  To be honest,  I wish they would just stop doing it,  or come up with something new. 

You guys have a good time frig dancing

hogsanity

are you trying to be the fastest ever to a -1000 karma?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BorderPatrol

This dude needs to be bant.

bp

pigz

Now the SEC chant I am willing to get rid of.

hogfansince79

At games it is great.  Nothing like it .   At press conferences, with people doing it for the first time on national tv, it is lame.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Michaelt

Not everyone likes it, but it's been a tradition at the University of Arkansas for many years (dating back to the 1920's).
It's one of the most unique rally cries in football, and more than likely it is going to continue to be a tradition at Arkansas for many years to come.

No worries in sharing your opinion, but you must understand that there will be many who won't share your opinion.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Hog Spread

It is embarrassing.

I mean your post.

greenEGnHAWGS

..........................................................................................!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Uncommon

Quote from: pigz on December 07, 2017, 04:26:51 pm
Now the SEC chant I am willing to get rid of.
And the annual wave at War Memorial.  Hard enough having a game there as it is.

pigz

hoggusamoungus

Guess you've never watched those male yell leaders at TAMU.

Hog Spread

island hog

my 80 year-old grandma would have slapped you out of your high chair if you said that around her. 

Hogindasticks

Grizzlyfan

At the right point in a game calling the hogs is fantastic.  Nothing like it sports in fact.  At a press conference it is contrived.  And uncomfortable for the people who have never done it and don't yet understand it.  Let new coaches and their families work into it.

Albert Einswine

You should be humiliated.

By your opinion of the HOG Call.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Rayzback

Let the smite fest commence....
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: woo.pig on December 07, 2017, 04:22:55 pm
Send this one to the pit of misery!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GolfnHog

I suspect that the OP should take a couple of extra doses of Ambient just to sleep it off.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Southpointhog

Thanks big guy...dumbest post in a while!

cosmodrum

Can we remove the language filter for this thread only?
Go away, batin'

gawntrail

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2017, 04:25:41 pm
the hog call is great and unique.  there is nothing like being a part of it, especially on the road when beating someone or in a bar in Ireland, with everyone looking at you like What? then you teach them, and they join in

In an airport anywhere in the world.  Calling the hogs with all the locals looking at you like you are from MARS.

hogsanity

Quote from: GolfnHog on December 07, 2017, 04:30:23 pm
I suspect that the OP should take a couple of extra doses of Ambient just to sleep it off.

I suspect he will get exactly what he wanted, about 500 clicks and 100 replies.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HAWG MAFIA

I think I speak for most Hogs fans when I say, you need a pistol and one bullet

wedge56

With all due respect, you sir, can go straight to hell.

ICEman

The Aggie daughter definitely looked awkward up on the dias performing the Hog Call.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Razorbackers

Billy Bats

GoHogzzGo

It can be awkward with new coaches, see Dana Altman. However I thought Morris and fam actually did great.

Nothing better than 70k+ hog fans doing the hog call on a fall Saturday. Gives me goosebumps every time.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

60 Minutes of Hell

Quote from: Uncommon on December 07, 2017, 04:27:38 pm
And the annual wave at War Memorial.  Hard enough having a game there as it is.

The wave is what's hard. I think that's why we settled on (calling it) the hog call.
What a fool I used to be.

TheSportsGuy

I agree.  The hog call makes me feel like we are no shoes-wearing backwoods hillbillies.  It's horrible.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on December 07, 2017, 04:37:00 pm
I agree.  The hog call makes me feel like we are no shoes-wearing backwoods hillbillies.  It's horrible.

oh ffs
Go away, batin'

Billy Bats

The Hog Call is legit at a sold out DWRRS.  Otherwise, I'm with ya. 

Piggfoot

Love the Hog Call But think the Arkansas Razorback chant dividing the east and west sides is dumb. Only half of the fans are yelling at one time.
It needs to be yelled from both sides at the same time.
Not AR kin saw. Ra ser backs
But ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS 3 times
Then GO HOGS GO three times followed by RAZORBACKS. 
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

jst01

Its awesome when its done right and the entire crowd yells it like they are angry and ready to fight. When its forced and with half emotion and effort (like before the basketball game this Tuesday when I was there..), it sounds weak.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on December 07, 2017, 04:37:00 pm

Most of us are

HamIAm

That's like saying I love Notre Dame, I just can't stand that goofy elf.    (I know it's a leprechaun, and I can't stand him, or Notre Dame.)

FutureMan

Right when I read the original post, I knew I was in for some funny comments.  You guys did not disappoint!
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hog33

Calling the Hogs in a full restaurant in Tennessee,as Manager, after Hunter's Heave, is one of my shining moments in my 65 years