Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 08:55:26 am

Playing In State Schools

Started by LRJoe, December 06, 2017, 10:54:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRJoe

Wonder what his stance is on playing in state schools? They sure played them in Texas.

hogsanity

oh look another 7 yr old acct with fewer than 2 dozen posts, starting a thread about playing in state schools. Can we please get a minimum post count to be able to start threads?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hog of steele

Quote from: LRJoe on December 06, 2017, 10:54:55 am
Wonder what his stance is on playing in state schools? They sure played them in Texas.

I think the AD will make that decision. And he will do what the money boosters want him to do. So I am going to predict we keep on not playing in state schools. Which is fine b/c that is what all the schools want.

OtterHog

Its a lose-lose and always will be. We should never play the smaller in-state schools.

If we beat the brakes off UCA/State? Well you guys should win, you're an SEC team.

If we got upset by UCA/State? OMG told you guys, you're overrated and were just scared to play us all this time!

We literally gain nothing.

Uncommon

For us, it's in-state school (singular).  Or I guess we could double dip and play Central Arkansas.

hog of steele

Quote from: OtterHog™ on December 06, 2017, 11:00:17 am
Its a lose-lose and always will be. We should never play the smaller in-state schools.

If we beat the brakes off UCA/State? Well you guys should win, you're an SEC team.

If we got upset by UCA/State? OMG told you guys, you're overrated and were just scared to play us all this time!

We literally gain nothing.

The irony is that ASU doesn't want it either. They prefer to talk about arkansas running from them to arkansas turning around for a fight.

If ASU wanted to play arkansas they would do it under a normal sunbelt/SEC contract. What they demand is a home/home or a neutral sight game. Putting such a high price on that game guarantees AR will never agree and that ASU can keep grumbling about how AR is keeping them down.

wedge56

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 10:58:49 am
oh look another 7 yr old acct with fewer than 2 dozen posts, starting a thread about playing in state schools. Can we please get a minimum post count to be able to start threads?

Why? Is there a connection between number of posts and the intelligence/logic/relevance of the posts?  If there is such a connection I have missed it.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: wedge56 on December 06, 2017, 11:06:21 am
Why? Is there a connection between number of posts and the intelligence/logic/relevance of the posts?  If there is such a connection I have missed it.

Pretty much. There are exceptions.

OtterHog

hogsanity

Quote from: wedge56 on December 06, 2017, 11:06:21 am

way way way too many accounts like your's, created 12 years ago, and in 12 years fewer than 2 dozen posts? Come on, you are not fooling anyone. You are a duplicate account of someone, no way someone goes to the trouble to create an account and then never post. Not through the HDN saga, the BP excitement and crash, the Pelphrey drama, the JLS year and the lBB years. No way.

But I might buy it if it were just one or two accounts, but it is literally dozens of these 6,7, 8 + yr old accounts with no or very very few posts, showing up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE