Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 09:14:57 am

Four years tops...

Started by duckman, December 06, 2017, 07:05:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

If Morris doesn't win he will be gone in four years.

If he wins, gone in four years for the first good job in Texas.

Lets hope he leaves us in good shape.

My opinion, Go Hogs...

LawyerHog50

Quote from: duckman on December 06, 2017, 07:05:04 am

My opinion, Go Hogs...

Good point. Lose-Lose situation
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Cambridge Hog

If he does well and leaves, at least we will have a modern day roster that will translate well to the next coach.

I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with him. There is no way someone with as much respect from his peers can be a whiff.

farmhawg

My opinion, Go Hogs...
You will beg him to stay.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 06, 2017, 07:10:20 am
Good point. Lose-Lose situation
You are a miserable person, sad really.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RazorChuck

No way it takes 4 years, but Long made it very difficult(expensive) to screw up this hire, but they screwed it up anyway.

My opinion, Go Hogs...

RazorChuck

This mistake is going to end up being stupidly expensive, firing a loser to hire a loser, brilliant!

HotlantaHog

Forty years tops.

Enough time to win championships and retire a legend in Arkansas.

FATHAWG08

If he wins here & wins big I don't think he will want to go anywhere. This is a great job and a great place to raise a family.  The main part is for him to win Big!
I love off season Football!!

Kevin

all the buyouts
jcp got a raise
hiring a search firm to help with the coaching search

and this is who they hire.

wow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

S.A.D.C

My opinion, Go Hogs...

Safe bet because that is how it goes with most coaches at schools like Arkansas. 

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Tortfeasor

Will be funny when he outlasts ole Gus at Auburn.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: Kevin on December 06, 2017, 07:19:55 am
all the buyouts
jcp got a raise
hiring a search firm to help with the coaching search

and this is who they hire.

wow

'search firm' is synonymous for 'safe hire'. not that there is anything wrong with that.

farmhawg

Quote from: RazorChuck on December 06, 2017, 07:17:19 am
This mistake is going to end up being stupidly expensive, firing a loser to hire a loser, brilliant!
You have a hard time with reading comprehension.
From theflyinghog

RazorChuck

Quote from: farmhawg on December 06, 2017, 07:24:58 am
You have a difficult time with "life' comprehension.

RazorChuck

Quote from: farmhawg on December 06, 2017, 07:24:58 am
Looking at your post count, I see you have a lot to say, but you never really say anything.

farmhawg

Quote from: RazorChuck on December 06, 2017, 07:29:55 am
Looking at your post count, I see you have a lot to say, but you never really say anything.
Yep, like this gem from you.....

Quote from: RazorChuck on September 27, 2014, 03:59:31 pm
ARRRRRGGGHHH
From theflyinghog

rhames

Who knows what the future holds. Any of what you said could happen, he could also win here and stay as long as he wants.  Arkansas will take care of a coach.

There are 3 things a fan can do right now. Get exited for change. Be upset and piss and moan. Or just move on from caring about the hogs.

I'm giving him a chance and im excited to see what he can do here.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Locutus_of_Boar

My opinion, Go Hogs...

The average Hog coach lasts 4.7 years and Frank's tenure skews that amount by almost a year so even if Morris proves to be average four years is normal.

I agree he's headed to a B12 gig if he is successful and AAC/Sunbelt if he struggles.

duckman

Quote from: S.A.D.C on December 06, 2017, 07:20:35 am
Safe bet because that is how it goes with most coaches at schools like Arkansas. 

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

I am...

FrJoseph

My opinion, Go Hogs...

A&M is filled for a while; TX is filled for probably 5 years at least. What other good jobs are there in TX? If he is successful, he will make SEC money. My definition of success is what Petrino did his last 3 years. Twenty eight wins in a 3 year period. A terrible year should be 7-5; a great year should be in the mix for the playoffs. That is what the standard should be at AR.

FR Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

RagingHawgOn

scottwillrazbackfan1

I will say I was not for the hire, but.................. this guy is known for his offensive production, the offense WILL produce. Recruiting to his system does NOT require 4*or 5 recruits, it requires a coach who can find mis- matches (WR covered by a LB) . He will recruit SPEED. Now defensively is where the question marks pops up. Getting BV would be top of the mountain hire, dont think it will happen, but there is guy name John Chavis available, whose been in Texas for the last 3 years.

This team is not depleted on offense... Hammonds, Hayden, Jones, Martin....So much talent on that side of the ball. The Defensively philosophy will have to change. Lets see who we can get to coach the Defense..

CDBHawg

Doubtful. aTm can't come calling for a while. And we'll pay if he has success here. His teams here will be fun to watch.

Hogarusa

If he starts winning and leaves, why does that bother you? A&M hired Jimbo and Texas has Herman, you think either of those guys are gone in 3-4 years? I don't
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

OneLardAlmighty

My opinion, Go Hogs...

I'm sure it probably wasn't you, but I recall just a couple of days ago that when a short tenure was used as an argument against Kiffin, we were told that we needed to get over our attachment to the antiquated "coach for life" idea. 

I can live with this.  If this experiment fails, I don't want it to go much beyond that.  If it succeeds, we should be better off no matter what happens.

hoghiker

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 06, 2017, 07:21:20 am
Will be funny when he outlasts ole Gus at Auburn.
I bet he outlast Gus. If you listen to Aubbie fans on Finebaum  you get the impression the 50 million they dropped on him hit the fan base with a thud.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 06, 2017, 07:46:45 am
If he starts winning and leaves, why does that bother you? A&M hired Jimbo and Texas has Herman, you think either of those guys are gone in 3-4 years? I don't
If he starts winning, he might find Arkansas is a great place to be. Great place for a family. Beautiful. Less pressure than the schools that will try to recruit him. Great facilities. A place that can win championships. Big money that is competitive... the only logical place where he might be tempted to go would be Texas A&M because it is where he went to school. Maybe Clemson post Dabo.

But any coach is much more able to sustain a down year due to injuries or whatever at a place like Arkansas than at an Auburn or FSU or Florida or name the big school.

bkjbearcat

My opinion, Go Hogs...

What job in Texas would be better then Arkansas? Only ones I can think of is four. Texas, T A&M, Cowboys and Texans. Morris if doing a good job wouldn't leave for TCU or Baylor. Defiantly not Tech.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022