Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone notice how many of the people pumping Chad Morris are new?

Started by jgphillips3, December 05, 2017, 04:38:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

a shady hog

I tried to tell everyone that earlier. This was an organized coup

LawyerHog50

organized group, plants, and the Fire Chad Morris threads went to the trash.

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Porknoxville

Not new. Porknoxville from slop!
had over 7k posts! Dilly dilly!

jgphillips3

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

jgphillips3

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 04:40:35 pm

I guess the mods consider the "Fire Morris" movement inappropriate.  They'll miss the traffic the next few years too though.

Haters gonna hate

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 05, 2017, 04:43:43 pm
I guess the mods consider the "Fire Morris" movement inappropriate.  They'll miss the traffic the next few years too though.

Mods won't, but lanny will. And the u of a will.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

theFlyingHog

Sivad

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 04:42:57 pm
Exactly. With its empty seats.
Morris as coach won't sell one new ticket. But there will be tons of cancellations.

Arkansasno1

Fans of other SEC teams wanting this to happen to reduce competition in the league.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

TexasHog

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 04:40:35 pm

This is crap.  The threads got moved because its childish and ridiculous.  I didn't want Morris, I don't like the hire, but it's who we got.  As far as anybody being "planted" here to try to gain support for Morris that's total BS. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Ex-Trumpet

No sources here, but if it's CM it's a good hire. Not without its risks, but a good hire.  A GREAT hire with the right DC.

CM can coach circles around Malazon.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mhsbc59

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 05, 2017, 04:47:49 pm
This is crap.  The threads got moved because its childish and ridiculous.  I didn't want Morris, I don't like the hire, but it's who we got.  As far as anybody being "planted" here to try to gain support for Morris that's total BS. 

People are not blind
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Tortfeasor

Honestly, we could have hired much worse. He was definitely not my first choice, but since Norvell is out and Kiffin's shenanigans have bit him in the arse, he's what we have. Better than Strong, Horton, Miles, etc.

TexasHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 05, 2017, 04:45:17 pm
Where TF is pokey with his guaranteed Norvell hire?

Where is PRJ and his Lane prediction?

They're probably PO'ed like everybody else.

SpringTxHOG

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 05, 2017, 04:38:31 pm
Or is it just me?

No, just the silent majority that gets tired of seeing / hearing / reading keyboard commando's like youself trying and always dictate public opinion.  10,755 post on a college website...what a joke!   

stronguard

Gonna be quieter than usual in Fayetteville next year, but yeah Jp, I noticed that all the Morris fans are new posters.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

farmhawg

Or is it just me?
They are on both sides. Bunch of people with dual accounts because they are hurt over Bert.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Tony Perkis

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TexasHog

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 05, 2017, 04:49:54 pm
Honestly, we could have hired much worse. He was definitely not my first choice, but since Norvell is out and Kiffin's shenanigans have bit him in the arse, he's what we have. Better than Strong, Horton, Miles, etc.

You have got to be kidding me.

What makes him better then Strong or Miles?

wedge56

How long do you have to be a member before you are allowed to have an opinion? I've been a member for over 10 years but don't post much. People that have different opinions aren't idiots. They just have different opinions. I wanted Venables but I will always support the Hogs. I hope the new coach becomes a legend here.

yojoe75

Speaking as a new person on here, I came on here to see if anyone "KNEW" anything.  And as I found out, no one really did.  It was all he says this, she said that, I think it will be, etc...

I was really thinking it was full of Hog "fans" but it doesn't look that way.  I understand we all want the best for the Hogs but most of what I see is complaining.  Can't we just embrace who we get and support them?  #NOTTENNESSEE

Oklahawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 05, 2017, 04:43:43 pm

You mean the batsh!t crazies will go elsewhere? Might be a nice improvement to the neighborhood. If property values don't go up but crime drops that is still a good thing to a home owner.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Ironhawg

First, I like Chad Morris as a coach.  I think he is very driven and is a very innovative offensive mind.  I liked Mike Norvell too, but I felt like he needs a couple more years experience as a head coach.  I like Lane Kiffin.  He is an inventive offensive coach and a dynamic play caller.  The bad about Kiffin is he is like having a teenager running rampant in your football program.  He needs a keeper, which probably scares some ADs and, I would guess, scared Arkansas away from him. 
If Arkansas was on solid ground as a program I would not be worried about Chad  Morris as the head coach, but with the program in its current condition, I am concerned whether Chad Morris can recruit well enough to get his program up and running.  I'm not going to project his recruiting at SMU to Arkansas because they are apples and oranges, but I am concerned about it.  He will absolutely, positively have to bring a first class staff in here or I fear he will fail.  If he fails at Arkansas it is going to be very, very bad.

lawhawg20

Quote from: yojoe75 on December 05, 2017, 04:59:05 pm
Speaking as a new person on here, I came on here to see if anyone "KNEW" anything.  And as I found out, no one really did.  It was all he says this, she said that, I think it will be, etc...

I was really thinking it was full of Hog "fans" but it doesn't look that way.  I understand we all want the best for the Hogs but most of what I see is complaining.  Can't we just embrace who we get and support them?  #NOTTENNESSEE

One would hope.  And one would likely be disappointed...

hoghearted

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 05, 2017, 05:01:12 pm
First, I like Chad Morris as a coach.  I think he is very driven and is a very innovative offensive mind.  I liked Mike Norvell too, but I felt like he needs a couple more years experience as a head coach.  I like Lane Kiffin.  He is an inventive offensive coach and a dynamic play caller.  The bad about Kiffin is he is like having a teenager running rampant in your football program.  He needs a keeper, which probably scares some ADs and, I would guess, scared Arkansas away from him. 
If Arkansas was on solid ground as a program I would not be worried about Chad  Morris as the head coach, but with the program in its current condition, I am concerned whether Chad Morris can recruit well enough to get his program up and running.  I'm not going to project his recruiting at SMU to Arkansas because they are apples and oranges, but I am concerned about it.  He will absolutely, positively have to bring a first class staff in here or I fear he will fail.  If he fails at Arkansas it is going to be very, very bad.

So, how much more experience does Morris have over Novell?

Is he REALLY the best we could do?

This is a fantastic fail. There is no other way this will be viewed from the outside. Complete 'meh' of a hire.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

SemperFi

Or doing the opposite.....the trolls are out in force and I can't believe how many long time Hogville posters are falling apart everytime these noobs post an unsubstantiated rumor or in most cases a lie.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

a shady hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 05, 2017, 05:01:12 pm
Norvell has 2 years of head coaching experience.
Morris has 3 years of head coaching experience.

What was that again about Norvell needing more years of experience? Does that not apply to Morris?

SemperFi

Let me add, how many have posted a link or had a mod tag on to the post stating that they confirmed what they are saying is in fact true. Most will be gone the moment that we hire our new coach so they can go troll another team's boards that's in search of a new Head Coach.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Ironhawg

Quote from: hoghearted on December 05, 2017, 05:04:51 pm
So, how much more experience does Morris have over Novell?

Is he REALLY the best we could do?

This is a fantastic fail. There is no other way this will be viewed from the outside. Complete 'meh' of a hire.

Morris is about the same as Norvell in experience.  One thing I do like about him is his experience at Clemson under Dabo.  That guy knows good coaches.

hollywood hog

Hopefully they stay because this board about to die down just like the Recruiting forum did after we whiffed on DGB in 2012.  That used to be my first stop in Hogville without exception.   The Lane Train would have helped the Lanny Money Train immensely. 

SooieGeneris

Let's be clear. Morris was not my first choice, he would have been no higher than 5 probably behind Norvell, Gus, Leach and Kiffin.

However, I will see what he has to say, closely watch recruiting and spring practice and make up my own mind based upon all the info.

I like that he has coordinated an offense at a high level program, his offenses were much, much better at Clemson than they were prior to his arrival.

He is spoken of highly by Dabo Swinney, Venables and all the people there. He has all kinds of connections in Texas HS football and elswhere.

I don't know if he recruited Tahj Boyd, but he developed him and recruited DeShaun Watson out of Georgia when Watson could have gone anywhere.

I also think this hire bodes well for our chances of recruiting Gerry Bohannon and other dual threat QBs. You think a call or tweet from DeShaun Watson would carry no weight with a QB recruit?

I'm assuming said QB recruit was not being sought by Clemson on that front.

Kevin Steele was DC at Clemson when Morris first got there, so he would know how to attack a Steele defense.

It's not likely that he could lure Venables as our DC maybe, but one of Clemson's other defensive coaches would surely consider moving up to our DC one would think.

So I'm not going to throw cold water on this hire if it happens and it looks as if it will.

Let's all of us whether we supported Gus, Norvell, Kiffin or Leach take a deep breath, listen to what the guy has to say, and see what kind of staff he can put together without going all Tenner on this hire, please.

An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hogsfan1981

Radio is already sucking up to him.

Been pushing him for two days so that they can "get in" with new coach.

cityhog

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on December 05, 2017, 04:46:09 pm
Fans of other SEC teams wanting this to happen to reduce competition in the league.

Wait. we were competitive? I must have missed that.

greenie

This program needed a recruiter more than anything.  Surviving in the SECW demands it.  Recruiting in the American Conference gives almost no indication of what he'll be able to do against Bama, AU, LSU, aTm, etc.  I also don't think that any recruiting he did at Clemson is much of an indication either, since he wasn't the Head Coach (who is usually called in to close the big deals).  I hope he's able to pick up the pieces of our 2018 class and maybe convince Bohannon to jump on board.  Not optimistic.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: TexasHog on December 05, 2017, 04:51:52 pm
You have got to be kidding me.

What makes him better then Strong or Miles?

So you would rather have Strong or Miles over Morris? Not me. Miles doesn't fit and neither does Strong. Recruiting and wins went down at Texas with Strong. Morris runs a completely different offense then we have had and if it's him then I will support that. Praying for Kiffin, but won't go all Tennessee with this hire.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

dallasrazerback

I live in Dallas.... don't know much about Chad Morris, but I do know the SMU stadium is half full at most on any given home game.....I hope that's not an omen.....

Thanks Jerry....looks like you got your man.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 05, 2017, 05:11:26 pm
Let's be clear. Morris was not my first choice, he would have been no higher than 5 probably behind Norvell, Gus, Leach and Kiffin.

However, I will see what he has to say, closely watch recruiting and spring practice and make up my own mind based upon all the info.

I like that he has coordinated an offense at a high level program, his offenses were much, much better at Clemson than they were prior to his arrival.

He is spoken of highly by Dabo Swinney, Venables and all the people there. He has all kinds of connections in Texas HS football and elswhere.

I don't know if he recruited Tahj Boyd, but he developed him and recruited DeShaun Watson out of Georgia when Watson could have gone anywhere.

I also think this hire bodes well for our chances of recruiting Gerry Bohannon and other dual threat QBs. You think a call or tweet from DeShaun Watson would carry no weight with a QB recruit?

I'm assuming said QB recruit was not being sought by Clemson on that front.

Kevin Steele was DC at Clemson when Morris first got there, so he would know how to attack a Steele defense.

It's not likely that he could lure Venables as our DC maybe, but one of Clemson's other defensive coaches would surely consider moving up to our DC one would think.

So I'm not going to throw cold water on this hire if it happens and it looks as if it will.

Let's all of us whether we supported Gus, Norvell, Kiffin or Leach take a deep breath, listen to what the guy has to say, and see what kind of staff he can put together without going all Tenner on this hire, please.

Good post. Still praying for Kiffin however.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: yojoe75 on December 05, 2017, 04:59:05 pm

Twenty years ago there was a similar effort to stampede the fans into supporting Houston Nutt over Tommy Tubberville.  Nutt lasted two years on Ford's recruits and then began a long collapse, finishing off Frank Broylkes and dragging the program into one never ending soap opera.

There is an old saying that it's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.  That would teem to appply to the Arkansas GOBN.

mhsbc59

Been off the board for an hour or so Chad can still keep his butt in Texas

Hogballisback

Or is it just me?

I posted to support him and while new to the board there's nothing organized about this. Get a grip.

jkstock04

Or is it just me?
I've noticed it the past few days. I'm usually the guy laughing at y'all making these claims but it was blatantly obvious starting 2 or 3 days ago. Not sure if they are guys with marching orders to get the positive word out or not.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogsfan1981

No guts to post under their main accounts.

They want to be able to hide their pumping 2 years down the road.