Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go Hogs. Beat New Mexico State!

Started by hobhog, September 30, 2017, 09:12:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

There's a game today. Wonder if people will stop whining  on here long enough to watch. WPS.

WilsonHog

About to leave for RRS now. It's a beautiful fall day, and I get to spend it with my wife, calling the Hogs, singing our alma mater, and watching Razorback football. No better way to spend it.

Too often people watch current events with an eye toward the past or looking forward to something that may never happen. Enjoy the day for what it is; it may be the last one you get.

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Capt. Hamm

PorkRinds

BrickTwnHog

I agree, while we might not like everything going on..... BUT if you are a true hog fan then you can't help to either drive to the stadium or tune in on a t.v./radio to root on our hogs.

hoghiker

I'm going old school today. Listening to game on FM, grilling a steak and sitting on my porch. Go Hogs.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

3kgthog

Who decided to block off 3/4 of the Baum east lot? The roped off sections are empty right now and the rest of the lot is full. This is causing a huge backup of traffic from people exiting the lot and making the block to look for alternative spots. Good job, U of A.

On a happier note, at least it's a nice day and we get to watch football. 🐗

Roaringboar

I just want to put something into perspective....a lot of Razorback fans on here are up and saying "Oh this is as an easy win, the nay-sayers are just trying to stir up Bielema hate"......But here's the issue at hand......

Arkansas has the 89th ranked offense in the country averaging 380 ypg, 5.9 ypp, NMST has the 33rd ranked offense averaging 473 ypg 6.2 ypp........

Arkansas is ranked 45th in total defense in the country, though we are ranked 89th in Run Defense and 21st in Passing yards allowed, NMST is ranked 69th in the country in total defense and 68th against the rush and 77th in yards allowed....what this indicates to me is that this game is not an outright win for Arkansas....This is a close match-up.......That's what makes this game so scary, we cannot seem to win the close match-ups, and NMST gets so many yards in the air.....Let's not forget what Texas Tech did to us last year. I'm not saying NMST is the same quality opponent, but they are efficient at what they do.......So all of those fans who are like, "Oh this is a cupcake and anyone who says otherwise is just going to say anything to down this coaching staff" had better look at the stats more carefully.....this isn't  really in either sides favor, this is going to be an all out slugfest I think, and if it turns into a scoring battle, I'm not sure the Hogs can win it......I hope I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that the Hogs couldn't keep up.....The interception last week that ended the game definitely doesn't help provide any encouragement.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

WaltonCollege

We have a game in 15 mins man don't freak me out now

rhames

We played Texas Tech last year?

And I'm pretty sure no one has been saying this is an "easy" win

And stats based on 4 games, 3 for arkansas, aren't really telling. Those stats will be more meaningful around week 7 or 8. Good research though.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 30, 2017, 10:28:50 am
I just want to put something into perspective....a lot of Razorback fans on here are up and saying "Oh this is as an easy win, the nay-sayers are just trying to stir up Bielema hate"......But here's the issue at hand......

Arkansas has the 89th ranked offense in the country averaging 380 ypg, 5.9 ypp, NMST has the 33rd ranked offense averaging 473 ypg 6.2 ypp........

Arkansas is ranked 45th in total defense in the country, though we are ranked 89th in Run Defense and 21st in Passing yards allowed, NMST is ranked 69th in the country in total defense and 68th against the rush and 77th in yards allowed....what this indicates to me is that this game is not an outright win for Arkansas....This is a close match-up.......That's what makes this game so scary, we cannot seem to win the close match-ups, and NMST gets so many yards in the air.....Let's not forget what Texas Tech did to us last year. I'm not saying NMST is the same quality opponent, but they are efficient at what they do.......So all of those fans who are like, "Oh this is a cupcake and anyone who says otherwise is just going to say anything to down this coaching staff" had better look at the stats more carefully.....this isn't  really in either sides favor, this is going to be an all out slugfest I think, and if it turns into a scoring battle, I'm not sure the Hogs can win it......I hope I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that the Hogs couldn't keep up.....The interception last week that ended the game definitely doesn't help provide any encouragement.....

So ranting about various things in other threads wasn't enough? You had to start your very own rant thread? I'm glad no one else has brought this up.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hobhog on September 30, 2017, 09:12:37 am
There's a game today. Wonder if people will stop whining  on here long enough to watch. WPS.

Go Hogs Go! Lay half a hundred on them, or more.
Go Hogs Go!

GTOWNHOG

Looks like there may be 30,000 people in the stadium 15 minutes before KO.  It will be interesting to see how many show up.  This is the first game that my wife and I have missed in several years.  A new Grandson will win out every time!!
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

hobhog

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 30, 2017, 09:17:25 am
About to leave for RRS now. It's a beautiful fall day, and I get to spend it with my wife, calling the Hogs, singing our alma mater, and watching Razorback football. No better way to spend it.

Too often people watch current events with an eye toward the past or looking forward to something that may never happen. Enjoy the day for what it is; it may be the last one you get.
Amen🙏🏽

Hoggish1

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 30, 2017, 09:17:25 am

Have a great day!

Al Boarland

Great win for the kids today. They will get to enjoy a happy locker room.