Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Heath's Fault

Started by Hairy Hog, November 30, 2006, 09:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankBoaryles

Haven't we all learned by now that the coaches at the UofA are never responsible for how his kids perform?  It's always the players' fault.

Niels Boar

Ballhandling is part of coaching.  It would be easier to coach if you recruit an honest to goodness, solid PG.

sportscrazy

Coach Heath is responsible for the team however you can't control players like puppets.  Sometimes you just have a bad game and we had one tonight.  No need to run the coach or the players into the ground on this.  It was one game.  It's not like football where every game means the National Title.  It is what is wrong with football and what is right with basketball.  We get a chance to improve and prove how good we are at the end of the season.  Let's give this a chance and just this at the end of the year.

strawhog

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on November 30, 2006, 10:48:11 pm
Quote from: elksnort on November 30, 2006, 10:14:23 pm
Heath and staff have failed to recruit some very good guards.

Beverly and Welsh are good guards.  This scheme and matchups did not allow them to succeed tonight.
I agree about Beverly.  If someone will put him in the weight room and give him a shot or 2 in the backside he's gonna be a hell of a player.  Irwin or however you spell it looked pretty weak.  

littlehurt98

"Well this is the best recruiting class we've ever had so we should be alright."   Those were the words of my father tonight after the loss.  I am tired of hearing that stupid phrase from hog fans.  This is 5th straight best class we've ever had...ya right.   Heath is nothing more than a middle of the line coach and his teams perform as such. He has the ability to get his players up for a few tough games a year but he will never be able to put together the championship season we all want.

Hairy Hog

Does Heath have any control over Ervin throwing right to mizzuo players all nite?

hogwild6700

Heath was not aggresive enough tonight, which seems to be a common thing. Its apparent that as a whole new look team we would naturally turn the ball over, but tonight was rediculous!! I think i like it better when Hunter is redshirting.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Lando Calrissian

This just in:  Missouri is *STILL* launching wide open 3's.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LA HAWG

hawg1504

When we fire Heath we need to hire Doc Saddler out of Nebraska. He is an Arkansas guy and a heck of a coach.

Immensehog

You can't tell me there isn't one old game tape laying around BWA of 40 minutes of hell that Heath could have watched to get ready.

Heath is awful.

Next contestant please.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

wishyjoshy

Heath was just as out of sync as our players. 

I thought there were a ton of bad calls, but that was obviously due to the tempo of the game.  With everything flying around in front of them last night, the officials missed MANY hacks, hand checks, and contact down around the basket.  Stan DOES NOT prepare his players to play a physical type of game.  We beat Southern Illinois, Marist, and WV at our own game.  We still can't beat anyone else at their own.  That will be a problem come SEC time.

Dugann

ONLY THING  I will say is this in the 4 years really cause Heath is in his 5Th and Anderson is in his 5Th with 2 teams how many times in 4 has Heath been to the NCAA tourney? How many times has Anderson?  How deep in it has both teams gone?  What team dose Heath coach for hmmm Arkansas with one of the best places in the country to play the name of the program, and $ to go along with it.  UAB hmmmmmm what did Anderson do there?  1st year at Mizz and he destroyed us. /ponders.  Mike should have been given a shot here, think where we'd be at now.  only thing I will say on this.  Another reason Frankie should go another great decision by our AD~!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HoggDaddySwint

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:11:57 pm
Remind me again why we didn't hire Mike Anderson?
cause he sucks!!!!!!!!!

PulledPork

Quote from: HoggDaddySwint on December 01, 2006, 08:34:20 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:11:57 pm
Remind me again why we didn't hire Mike Anderson?
cause he sucks!!!!!!!!!
yeah, he sucked the skills and ball right out of our players!

Pulled out...