Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Arkansas vs Marist game thread

Started by razorbackfan4life, November 24, 2006, 09:33:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugehogsfan

We can out athletic some of these teams, but we are going to run into teams that we can't out talent. 

dotnet

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 24, 2006, 10:03:17 am
We're shooting right around 30% so far.Our big men don't look comfortable down low, and we can't hit the outside shot.

Gotta produce in transition.

We're just getting doubled.  I think the bigger thing is that we can't make the correct pass from down low and so we're just stuck. 

It 's early, in the game and in the morning.

razorbackfan4life

I'm pleased with our defense but our offense is just a disaster!

razorbackfan4life

There we go Sonny, just get your feet set and step into your shot!

hogs25

If Heath could figure out Pitino style of BB we'd  be a lot better.  Pass down low inside to kick it back out for the 3.  Then play full court press.  Oh how I miss the day's.

razorbackfan4life

Wow Darian has been an embarrassment so far in this tournament.

razorbackfan4life

Well it seems that Marists CENTER can shoot a higher three point percentage than our damn guards!  That's pathetic.

dotnet

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 24, 2006, 10:07:15 am

You're kidding right?  I'm cynical too, but you have to get a grip.  We don't win yesterday if it isn't for Townes. 

Dugann

wow no blocking out for da rebound /shakes head.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: dotnet on November 24, 2006, 10:10:22 am

You're kidding right?  I'm cynical too, but you have to get a grip.  We don't win yesterday if it isn't for Townes. 

No I'm not kidding his offense has gotten worse from last year.  He needs to step up and be a leader, and so far he hasnt.  I give him credit for getting 12 pts, but come on show some consistency!

hogs25

You see?  Inside out worked for Marist.  We can't figure out nothing but shoot an NBA 3 or throw up a brick inside. 

razorbackfan4life

I just cant believe we arent beating this team by atleast 15!  They aren't good!  They can shoot a couple of threes and that's it!

Dugann

least Weems can rebound gosh...now score buddy

razorbackfan4life

Welsh is stepping up today!  You can tell he wants to shoot the ball.

Dugann

Man I really didn't think this would be that low score at 1/2. Wow.

dotnet

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 24, 2006, 10:11:49 am
Quote from: dotnet on November 24, 2006, 10:10:22 am

No I'm not kidding his offense has gotten worse from last year.  He needs to step up and be a leader, and so far he hasnt.  I give him credit for getting 12 pts, but come on show some consistency!

Okay, well he is a hog.  And maybe he hasn't played as good as you've wanted, but he hasn't been an embarassment.  We've won every game, and that wouldn't be the case without him.  He isn't an embarassment.   

Josef

22-19 at halftime. Man you would think this Jared Jordan for Marist is the BEST player in the country the way they are talking about him......its getting old

razorbackfan4life

Josef, lets start the chat up!  Come on everyone!

HogFan1973

It just must be incredibly hard to find shooters these days.  This team has all of the "talent" in the world on this team, but in the game yesturday and this first half today, I don't see one shooter on that team. 

dbaileyway7

Mccurdy doesn't even need to be on the court. He reminds me of hill on offense. Scared to death to shot. Also looks like HDN right before halftime! LOL

HUNGLOWHOG

can someone please inject some life to this team

Ahenso

I hate stan heaths offense...oh wait, he doesn't teach them an offense

Adam Stokes

November 24, 2006, 10:28:10 am #75 Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:30:03 am by ajs15razorman
  Jordan, the PG for Marist, played excellent on offense until the end of the half.  You can't complain about our defense, but our guys have to step it up.  Especially our big men.  Townes, Thomas, Hunter, and Hill are a combined 1-13, and that one FG was a tip shot by Hill.  They only have one guy over 6-8 on the team while we have at least five.  Our big men have to step up.

Another poor stat, we only got to the line two times the whole half.  If that doesn't scream "we aren't being aggresive" nothing does.

stan the man

We should be blowing these guys out.  Our half court offense is elementary or high school at best.  Worst I've seen.  We have a long way to go and a short time to get there.  Texas Tech and MIzzo will put a big whooping on us the way we are playing now.  The only thing good I can say about our team is they are playing good defense.   

Pigzwillfly

Man, thought this one came on at 11. Guess I'll watch the 2nd half.

swoopeshog

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

bigyellowdog

Adam Stokes

pork-e-pine

I will take it as long as it is also the cure for loosing.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Dugann

Ahenso

Hill, Thomas, Townes, And Turtle are a combined 1-13 in the first half...great stuff guys

Smithian

Is Michael Washington being redshirted?

Lets see some Sean McCurdy.

HUNGLOWHOG

dbaileyway7

Man I'm glad we have a good football team. I'm out a here to do some Yard work.  OCCUPY MY TIME UNTIL THE FOOTBALL GAME

Dugann

now that what I'm talking about .... come on hawgs.  And stop fouling damnit

razorbackfan4life

all this talent wasted because of Stan IMO.

jkcrunch

I hate that call by a ref the kid get bailed out  by ref bouncing into a guy basically standing there.

Dugann

nice pass Sunny just wish he be more aggressive in scoring I know he can be a force if he would just take over least IMO.

Dugann

JoyDivision

jkcrunch

we have outfouled 5-0  no way I dont care who you are if you play defense you foul if you rebound you foul,  it is just like holding in football it happens on every trip

jkcrunch

the ref must have heard me two trips two fouls

dotnet

JoyDivision

Smithian

jkcrunch

townes needs to explode to the ball when he rebound he depends to much on his length it may be because he is lazy.