Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath bashers either (A) don't understand math or (B) want to prove Nolan right!

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, November 08, 2006, 03:49:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HedgeDweller

Hey, I can't complain much as long as things keep getting better every year.
I think what most folks are upset about is a.) we don't play the exciting style that we used to (40 minutes of Hell) and folks want to be 'entertained', and b.) even though we have steadily improved (indisputable), it hasn't been as fast as some think it should.  We live in a 'microwave' mentallity now, things have to be instant for us to be satisfied.
Losing to Bucknell was disappointing, and shouldn't have happened.  And I don't think we should have just been happy to be there (NCAA tournament) and doubt the players or coaches felt that way either.
I am optimistic about this season going even better and farther.

Die Hard Hog

takes time to rebuild a program, especially one that was as pitiful as Nolan's last few years.  Some of you guys have it all figured out.  Same things with Nutt, you guys think its easy.  Its not easy.  It takes time.  Maybe some of you should go get an education degree and go into coaching.  

hogfan2000

saying that the basketball program is in better shape is not really saying just a whole lot.  you are right, we were at rock bottom when stan came in, but i think after a tough year this year, he finally should be judged for his body of work.  this is his baby now, and i think this could be a tough year.  i hope i am wrong, but i have been calling for it all summer and hopefully i will be proven wrong with time.  but just because someone says the bb team is going to struggle, doesn't mean they are bashing heath.

JoyDivision

HankHog

A couple of weeks ago when Anderson stated his final two schools and they did not include Arkansas the Heath haters came out of the woodwork to say how there was no way Heath should have missed on that recruit.

Skip forward a couple of weeks and Kodi Burns declares for Auburn and I find no posts on how HDN should have never missed on this kid. 

Why the double standard?  If you are going to go after Stan then you need to also go after HDN for the same offense.

Marshfieldhog

It's year 5, lets see what happens. If Heath struggles this year to go along with declining season ticket sales then he is out the door. Heath might want to think about contending for the SEC West and winning a postseason game because I'm telling you the season tickets sales have dwindled during the Heath years and as we've all learned from keeping the fingernail chewer, if you can sell seats you can stay on JFB's good side.

kitshicker

Quote from: HankHog on November 10, 2006, 08:35:32 am
A couple of weeks ago when Anderson stated his final two schools and they did not include Arkansas the Heath haters came out of the woodwork to say how there was no way Heath should have missed on that recruit.

Skip forward a couple of weeks and Kodi Burns declares for Auburn and I find no posts on how HDN should have never missed on this kid. 

Why the double standard?  If you are going to go after Stan then you need to also go after HDN for the same offense.
Check threads from yesterday, there are many, many, many, many posts doing just that.

PorcineSublime

I will get on the fire Stan bandwagon when he does top out(Unless top out means elite eight every year with Final Four appearances). If he has a worse year this year and looks inept doing it, I will be with the "get him gone" crowd. The facts are undeniable that the product he will put on the floor tonight is light years ahead of what he put on the floor in year one. He may never cross over the threshold to greatness, but as long as we hang on to a coach who had his best year his first, I will not be in favor of sending away one who is improving. Maybe HDN has seen the light and turned the corner, maybe SH can do the same, maybe neither will. I just don't feel that now is the time to decide he isn't getting it done.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.