Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dudley confirmed rumor to be true on HI

Started by JackJohnson, October 26, 2006, 07:26:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

Again, Heath puts all his eggs in basket of a recruit and it costs him.  Sure wish we already had Augustus in the fold right now.

Just like when he passed on Johnny Jones at Tex A&M, Taj Gray at OU, and Aldridge at Tex for Big Al

And when he passed on taking the transfer of John Lucas II bc he thought he was getting Gipson.

Amazing how history repeats itself over and over...

LA HAWG

Heath is the biggest joke on the campus, and that is saying a whole lot.

The real Hogules

Come on now, that's utter bull and you know it!
If Stan Heath had focused on another SF the fans in our state would have crucified Heath for not going after the home state kid.
Heath spent more time with this kid than he probably did his own children and for some unknown reason Anderson thinks he'd rather play for SEAN SUTTON or Kansas???
I say don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoopHog on October 26, 2006, 07:52:02 am
Wait a second.  Chances are this might be true, but don't use Dudley Dawson to confirm the validity of a rumor.  Let me remind you that HE was one of the spinners of the "Auburn is playing the race card" rumor in the recruiting of Kodi Burns.  He ran balls-to-the-walls with this story without EVER contacting Kodi Burns, or his family to validate this (until after the fact).  This was completely boggus, and Dudley, Otis and Chuck were just following out the company "to-do' memo of running with this rumor to try and get a recruiting leg up (yeah, THAT blew up in the U of A's face) rather than being solid investigative journalists.  Oh wait, I take great liberty to mention any of these guys and 'investigative journalism' in the same breath.  My mistake.

Let me also remind you that this guy was alsoone of the people who sang the praises of Kodi Augustus -- when he thought we snagged this recruit.  Upon realizing that we DIDN'T have this player, Dawson's on air position was 'he is over rated.'  It is amazing that many fans didn't see (then) the natural posturing of people like Dawson, Barrett and Kirk.  They are all opportunists and charlatans...and NOT valid sources for ever confirming any rumor.  But, they are damn good at starting them!

Strong post Hoop,  thanks for the reminder to all on the board about the track record of certain factions within the establishment.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The real Hogules

Wait a second.  Chances are this might be true, but don't use Dudley Dawson to confirm the validity of a rumor.  Let me remind you that HE was one of the spinners of the "Auburn is playing the race card" rumor in the recruiting of Kodi Burns.  He ran balls-to-the-walls with this story without EVER contacting Kodi Burns, or his family to validate this (until after the fact).  This was completely boggus, and Dudley, Otis and Chuck were just following out the company "to-do' memo of running with this rumor to try and get a recruiting leg up (yeah, THAT blew up in the U of A's face) rather than being solid investigative journalists.  Oh wait, I take great liberty to mention any of these guys and 'investigative journalism' in the same breath.  My mistake.

Let me also remind you that this guy was alsoone of the people who sang the praises of Kodi Augustus -- when he thought we snagged this recruit.  Upon realizing that we DIDN'T have this player, Dawson's on air position was 'he is over rated.'  It is amazing that many fans didn't see (then) the natural posturing of people like Dawson, Barrett and Kirk.  They are all opportunists and charlatans...and NOT valid sources for ever confirming any rumor.  But, they are damn good at starting them!

Oh...quote me on this too.  If and when James Anderson officially selects another school, watch Otis.  He will click over into pissy fan/slander mode faster than you can cuss Stan Heath under your breath.  Nevermind the  subject of his rage is an 18 year old kid...doesn't matter to 'the Jerk.'

Dudley Dawson has spoken with coach Hammett (James Anderson's basketball coach and the person quoted in the OSU article) and confirmed the news.
You just keep on believeing whatever you choose to believe, but when reality sets in we'll be here for you!

The Recruiting Guy

Just talked to Coach Hammett.

James two top schools are Oklahoma State and Kansas.  Confirmed as of 8:08 CST am.  10/26/06

OKhogfan1959

bigguy551122

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on October 26, 2006, 08:11:04 am

James two top schools are Oklahoma State and Kansas.  Confirmed as of 8:08 CST am.  10/26/06

im not worried about any of this , stan has proved he is one hell of a recruiter , what he hasnt proved is that he knows how to coach
perfection is all i expect.

The real Hogules

I'm here for you HoopHog!
And if you don't live in a ground floor apartment, stay away from the windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 26, 2006, 07:46:17 am
Come on now, that's utter Bullcrap and you know it!
If Stan Heath had focused on another SF the fans in our state would have crucified Heath for not going after the home state kid.
Heath spent more time with this kid than he probably did his own children and for some unknown reason Anderson thinks he'd rather play for SEAN SUTTON or Kansas???

You are missing my point.  You go ahead and take a stud, and if another stud jumps on board, you find a way to make it work.  What you DON'T do, is pass on a stud,  because you THINK you might be getting another stud, even if they play a similar position.

bigdaddyhawg

One of the biggest reasons a recruit picks a school is projected playing time as a freshman.  Is it possible he saw Sonny Weems and decided he didn't like the prospects?

He wouldn't be the first recruit to go somewhere because a stud was going to be ahead of him at his position.

There may be doubts about Heath's coaching, but I don't see how there can be much doubt about his recruiting.  Just look back to last year w/ Beverly, and there are many other examples.

Besides, we seem to have trouble recruiting south Ark. in any sport.  I lived down there and they get mainly Monroe, La stations or Shreveport stations, and that has to impact the foundation those guys have with the UA.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DoubleJ

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 26, 2006, 08:22:34 am

You are missing my point.  You go ahead and take a stud, and if another stud jumps on board, you find a way to make it work.  What you DON'T do, is pass on a stud,  because you THINK you might be getting another stud, even if they play a similar position.
Trouble is you don't have enough scholarships to take everyone you want, therefore, you can't offer everyone.  It's clear that Stan can recruit.  It'll all be OK.

mtpockets

The only problem with that philosophy is the lack of scholarships.  Heath  has a very finite amount of scholarships to give.  I think that it is better to wait for the one you want than to offer and then take away from the number two guy.

Hollywood_HOGan

um we have gotten a couple visitors on campus these past couple weeks which is smart because we're not getting JA.

If we would have stuck with Augustus instead of James Anderson, people would scream bloody murder.

We can still get the Gandido kid and the guy from Kentucky. Jeff Brooks. They are both pretty good SFs.

Anderson would have been great but its not happnin.
Hope we get to play against him in the future.

return2glory

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 26, 2006, 08:50:00 am
um we have gotten a couple visitors on campus these past couple weeks which is smart because we're not getting JA.

If we would have stuck with Augustus instead of James Anderson, people would scream bloody murder.

We can still get the Gandido kid and the guy from Kentucky. Jeff Brooks. They are both pretty good SFs.

Gradnigo signed with Louisianna Lafeyette. Brooks is still a possibility along with Jordan Crawford.

enwhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 26, 2006, 07:26:57 am
Again, Heath puts all his eggs in basket of a recruit and it costs him.  Sure wish we already had Augustus in the fold right now.

Just like when he passed on Johnny Jones at Tex A&M, Taj Gray at OU, and Aldridge at Tex for Big Al

And when he passed on taking the transfer of John Lucas II bc he thought he was getting Gipson.

Amazing how history repeats itself over and over...

It was the correct move by Heath with limited scholarships to make one of our state's best players in years the #1 priority.  

wishyjoshy

So now we end up having a situation in Arkansas Basketball Recruiting that we had when Nolan couldn't/didn't try to get Quincy Lewis, Keith Carter, the Flannigans, or a host of other players that went elsewhere and ended up coming back and beating us senseless.  Get ready to sign a few more Preston Cranfords to keep the homers happy.
One question:  Would we be having this conversation about losing a top recruit IF we had a Bill Self?
Answer:  NO.

hogsanity

OKAy guys which is it.  Sig someone else from out of state and maybe run of the instate guy, or go after the in state guys at all cost and hope they dont decide to go somewhere else?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

enwhog

Quote from: JFen on October 26, 2006, 08:51:25 am
So now we end up having a situation in Arkansas Basketball Recruiting that we had when Nolan couldn't/didn't try to get Quincy Lewis, Keith Carter, the Flannigans, or a host of other players that went elsewhere and ended up coming back and beating us senseless.  Get ready to sign a few more Preston Cranfords to keep the homers happy.
One question:  Would we be having this conversation about losing a top recruit IF we had a Bill Self?
Answer:  NO.

So has Heath made someone in Junction City mad like Nolan did LR?  This is a different situation and its one player.  Lets see if a pattern develops.

enwhog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 26, 2006, 08:53:00 am
OKAy guys which is it.  Sig someone else from out of state and maybe run of the instate guy, or go after the in state guys at all cost and hope they dont decide to go somewhere else?

If Heath would have taken Augustus or made an out of stater priority, he would have been ripped for that too.  If you have people criticizing him for Lamarcus Aldridge going to a currently better program at Texas or fat a** Taj Gray to OU then they are going to criticize no matter.

hogsanity

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 26, 2006, 08:56:36 am

I don't think you have to go at someone at all cost in either situation but that's just me.

Well, I agree, to a point, but when you only have a very few scholarships to go around, you have to be very careful.  I don't think passing on Augustus was a bad move because signing him, almost certainly, meant no Anderson. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: enwhog on October 26, 2006, 08:56:46 am

If Heath would have taken Augustus or made an out of stater priority, he would have been ripped for that too.  If you have people criticizing him for Lamarcus Aldridge going to a currently better program at Texas or fat a** Taj Gray to OU then they are going to criticize no matter.

We really went hard after Gray. Getting him meant no Charles Thoams. Im glad we have CT for four years instead of Gray for only two years. Taj was a disappointment last year anyway.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: return2glory on October 26, 2006, 08:51:08 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 26, 2006, 08:50:00 am

Gradnigo signed with Louisianna Lafeyette. Brooks is still a possibility along with Jordan Crawford.

Dang ULL is getting some pretty good athletes.

Brooks or Crawford would be great. WE really really need to sign a 3 for next season. We're pretty thin at the 3.

hogsanity

BAsketball recruiting is also very different from FB.  A basketball team can actually be made up of ONE very good player and a bunch of role players.  You have to go after the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, especially if that guy is in state. 

wishyjoshy

You are looking at this in a "micro" sense while I am looking at the situation in a "macro" sense.  Sure, Coach Flannigan wasn't an enormous Nolan fan, but the impact that relationship had on our program and the way the rest of the people viewed in-state recruiting was very detrimental to the basketball program.  Top Tier basketball players in the state (even if they are from opposing high school teams) run around with each other.  I'm not sure if they do it anymore, but Lindsey use to put together a Top 25 Camp for basketball players in the state.  They play on the same AAU teams and end up at some of the National Camps together.  They talk about more than just PPG, etc.  They talk about coaching styles and decisions.  While Stan may be an "ok" recruiter, he hasn't earned ANY national respect.  That is what we need.
Your average basketball fan is just going to see that we lost a really good one.  Then they will put more pressure on Heath to get the in-state boys so we end up with Jason Jennings and Jason Gilbert and Justin Hankins and Preston Cranford.  (I would place money against anyone who wants to that the two Jasons would love to do that over again and take their skill sets to Oklahoma State if they could.)

enwhog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 26, 2006, 09:06:10 am
BAsketball recruiting is also very different from FB.  A basketball team can actually be made up of ONE very good player and a bunch of role players.  You have to go after the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, especially if that guy is in state. 

They know that sanity.  Its an excuse to get on Heath.  

This might be one of the final nails in this regime's coffin.  Even with an avg year this year, you could point to Anderson coming in next year with almost everyone back from this year.  Now, its either have a big year or at the very least get someone of JA's talent which will be tough.

hogsanity

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 26, 2006, 09:12:24 am
Quote from: hogsanity on October 26, 2006, 09:00:01 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 26, 2006, 08:56:36 am

I don't think you have to go at someone at all cost in either situation but that's just me.

Well, I agree, to a point, but when you only have a very few scholarships to go around, you have to be very careful.  I don't think passing on Augustus was a bad move because signing him, almost certainly, meant no Anderson. 

I personally was okay with passing on Augustus.  I just think you can line up a few guys to recruit.  I know it's a fine line to walk though.

Another thing that complicates basketball recruiting is the fact that a kid can leave after 1 year.  Thats a real concern when recruting top level players.  Thats why you are seeing more teams like GW and Bucknell ( sigh ) do more damage in the NCAAT.  They get guys who play together for 4 years, especially good shooting guards, and they are playing aganst teams that are weakened because they recruited really good kids who didnt stay. 

enwhog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 26, 2006, 09:12:51 am
Still...I don't fault Stan Heath as much as many do...although I see your points of criticism.  My beef is with the messengers and the fact that they all seem to have strong and manipulative agendas.  It is a serious problem we have here in our state's media.  Either report the facts or get out of the papers and off the air.  Don't make up crap OR try to do the university's bidding as part of your job description.  Right, Otis?  BTW...did Williams get all of those visiting players phone numbers loaded into your cell phone for ya?  Now you have recruits working for you?  BRILLIANT!!!

I agree.  To me, not much difference between those 'runners' for agents like the guy at LSU that just got caught and what Otis does with the Nutts.  And Dudley will change as needed.

SwinedMelon

Oh...quote me on this too.  If and when James Anderson officially selects another school, watch Otis.  He will click over into pissy fan/slander mode faster than you can cuss Stan Heath under your breath.  Nevermind the  subject of his rage is an 18 year old kid...doesn't matter to 'the Jerk.'
Balls to the wall? He never really even had a story on it... Dudley is a good journalist.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

enwhog

Quote from: russellclaude on October 26, 2006, 09:24:38 am

Balls to the wall? He never really even had a story on it... Dudley is a good journalist.

'journalist'?  Lets just stick to maybe 'recruiting writer' or 'columnist'.

hog_fan

Weems would be a senior next year so that shouldn't be the reason.

hog_fan

didn't JA say Arkansas would for sure be in his top two. I thought i read that awhile back.

yocdaddy

Some of the people on this board are completely lost in space.  Heath is a great recruiter.  The fact that he recruits top talent is a positive thing for Razorback basketball.  News flash...not everyone he recruits will be a HOG!  There are dozens of schools also recruiting top talent.  You can't fault Heath for not getting someone he went after.  And, don't fault the kid for spreading his wings a little.  Some of you are unbelievable.  

You know, if he didn't spend a lot of time recruiting top talent, you would be griping about that.  Instead, when he doesn't get everyone he recruits........Oh, he put all his eggs in one basket.  Blah, blah, blah.  

I bet you guys that complain all the time, probably kick your dog every morning.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

The real Hogules

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 26, 2006, 08:22:22 am
Quote from: The real Hogules on October 26, 2006, 08:06:09 am

Dudley Dawson has spoken with coach Hammett (James Anderson's basketball coach and the person quoted in the OSU article) and confirmed the news.
You just keep on believeing whatever you choose to believe, but when reality sets in we'll be here for you!

Yet you ignored 2/3 of the post that HoopHog makes.  He makes some strong points and you have no rebuttle to the screwups of the past.  Go figure.  ::)

I'm not sure which part of his novel you would like a response to, but here goes- Kodi Augustus was NEVER "snagged" by the UofA, in fact K.A's AAU coach tried to get a commitment to Kodi from Arkansas by stating in an article that Kodi had committed to Arkansas.
The ONLY problem with him committing was that NO official offer had EVER been extended!
Yes, Dudley did say that K.A. was a fine athlete, but what did you expect him to say, that Augustus sucked and had limited talent?
The kid has "potential", but no one and that includes Dudley Dawson proclaimed him the programs must get recruit.
And when the whole thing blew up and Augustus took the first offer he got after being told he has NO schollie to accept from Arkansas at this time, he accepted the first schollie offered.
Dawson just explained the events as they happened, without the sugar coating, is that wrong?
Otis and Rick are MAJOR homers, but Dudley usually has his facts straight before posting information.
And Stan Heath did NOT pass on great recruits because of James Anderson, great recruits passed on Arkansas because of James Anderson!

fu-man-soo

My report from Junction City is that coach Hipsher just called Junction to ask if this was true stay tuned...

The real Hogules

Quote from: fu-man-soo on October 26, 2006, 10:03:58 am
My report from Junction City is that coach Hipsher just called Junction to ask if this was true stay tuned...

I hate to be the one to break the news to coach Hipsher, but it's been reported by OSU, Dudley Dawson and our own TRG.
I think we can put the "it could still be just a rumor" to rest.
With or without James Anderson the doors to BWA will still open for basketball again next fall!

fu-man-soo

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 26, 2006, 10:11:37 am

I hate to be the one to break the news to coach Hipsher, but it's been reported by OSU, Dudley Dawson and our own TRG.
With or without James Anderson the doors to BWA will still open for basketball again next fall!

unless coach hipsher is on here posting you aren't the one that broke it to him.

MF

Quote from: bigguy551122 on October 26, 2006, 08:15:14 am

im not worried about any of this , stan has proved he is one hell of a recruiter , what he hasnt proved is that he knows how to coach

Well except for the fact that he took a team that was in complete shambles and improved it every year since he took the job.  I guess you think that we should be a final four team every year just like...O wait...no team is that good.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

dana caldwell

Quote from: hogsanity on October 26, 2006, 09:06:10 am

very true. see indiana state with larry bird. he had just about zilch for help. pretty much the same with gonzaga/morrison last year.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 26, 2006, 10:20:37 am
Quote from: The real Hogules on October 26, 2006, 10:11:37 am

The doors would be open if we won 6 games next year.  What's your point?

Let me spell it out for you-
The sun will come up and life will go on, whether James Anderson inks with the Razorbacks or not.
That was my point!

jkcrunch

Your dead on Hoop.  Otis and Dudley should be the last place you go for accurate recruiting news. They typically offer opinion as to a kids ability and psyche.   Read what TRG post, he post what the players say no more no less.   

enwhog

Quote from: porky mortimer on October 26, 2006, 10:27:02 am
I don't think the Anderson camp likes Oronde Taliaferro very much.  At least, that is what I hear.

'camp', 'posse','entourage'... the ridiculousness of recruiting big time players these days- well send him to Stankwater 'Camp JA' to a poster child for nepotism who has a horrible temper and behaves like a jack---

hawgtime

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 26, 2006, 08:34:41 am
One of the biggest reasons a recruit picks a school is projected playing time as a freshman.  Is it possible he saw Sonny Weems and decided he didn't like the prospects?

He wouldn't be the first recruit to go somewhere because a stud was going to be ahead of him at his position.

There may be doubts about Heath's coaching, but I don't see how there can be much doubt about his recruiting.  Just look back to last year w/ Beverly, and there are many other examples.

Besides, we seem to have trouble recruiting south Ark. in any sport.  I lived down there and they get mainly Monroe, La stations or Shreveport stations, and that has to impact the foundation those guys have with the UA.

i guess that means that James isn't worried about Kile Singler, Kansas's #1 recruiting target....

SF  1    Kyle Singler
(South Medford HS)                        offers from:
Medford, OR    6-8/200/17.0             Arizona, Duke, KANSAS, North Carolina, UCLA, Washington

HELLO James wake up and smell the coffee... how many other SF did Kansas get in the last couple of years... at least Sonny is already an upperclassman.

2005 commits:  FYI they are all 5 stars.

Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
School, Hometown  Video HT/ WT/ PPG  Commit Date Signed LOI? Commit School 
SF  4    Brandon Rush
(Mt. Zion Christian Academy)
Durham, NC    6-6.5/195  09/02/2005
  Kansas 
SF  1    Julian Wright
(Homewood-Flossmoor HS)
Flossmoor, IL    6-8/190/14.5  09/10/2004
   Kansas 
PG  2    Mario Chalmers
(Bartlett HS)
Anchorage, AK   6-2/180/20.0  05/19/2004
   Kansas 
SF  5    Micah Downs
(Juanita HS)
Kirkland, WA    6-8/185/19.0  05/17/2004
   Kansas 

2006 commits:  all 5 stars except the last one is a 4 star

Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
PF  2    Darrell Arthur
(South Oak Cliff HS)
Dallas, TX    6-9/215/27.0  05/09/2006
  Kansas 
PG  2    Sherron Collins
(Crane Technical Prep Common HS)
Chicago, IL    5-11/170/20.0  10/16/2005
   Kansas 
SG  27    Brady Morningstar
(The New Hampton School)
New Hampton, NH   6-3/165  10/04/2005
   Kansas 

that makes 7 recruits 5 star and 1 recruit 4 star in the last two years. where do you think he will get playing time????

go hogs --- crush the other teams.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: HoopHog on October 26, 2006, 09:12:51 am
Still...I don't fault Stan Heath as much as many do...although I see your points of criticism.  My beef is with the messengers and the fact that they all seem to have strong and manipulative agendas.  It is a serious problem we have here in our state's media.  Either report the facts or get out of the papers and off the air.  Don't make up crap OR try to do the university's bidding as part of your job description.  Right, Otis?  BTW...did Williams get all of those visiting players phone numbers loaded into your cell phone for ya?  Now you have recruits working for you?  BRILLIANT!!!

Hoop, I know you seem to think Otis and Dudley tell us recruits are coming to UA only to go elsewhere, but I'd like to take this oppurtunity to remind you that The Recruiting Guy had an article just last night where we were still being mentioned and TRG even went on record as saying he thought we would get Anderson. Now I have my guesses as to who TRG is, but I know one thing--he is no smarter or dumber than Otis and Dudley. Sometimes you can only go with what you are given...and with James Anderson what the reporters were given was that Arkansas was still very much in the picture. Somehow that all changed overnight. Flinging turds at the reporters for doing their jobs is pretty silly if you ask me, but I guess I can understand your frustration.

razorbackfan4life

Man this sucks!  I was really hoping that he would come here.  Looks like Ol' Stan has some work to do!

The real Hogules

October 26, 2006, 10:47:33 am #45 Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:25:48 am by The real Hogules
Quote from: hawgtime on October 26, 2006, 10:45:51 am
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 26, 2006, 08:34:41 am

i guess that means that James isn't worried about Kile Singler, Kansas's #1 recruiting target....

SF  1    Kyle Singler
(South Medford HS)                        offers from:
Medford, OR    6-8/200/17.0             Arizona, Duke, KANSAS, North Carolina, UCLA, Washington

HELLO James wake up and smell the coffee... how many other SF did Kansas get in the last couple of years... at least Sonny is already an upperclassman.

2005 commits:  FYI they are all 5 stars.

Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
SF  4    Brandon Rush
(Mt. Zion Christian Academy)
Durham, NC    6-6.5/195  09/02/2005
  Kansas 
SF  1    Julian Wright
(Homewood-Flossmoor HS)
Flossmoor, IL    6-8/190/14.5  09/10/2004
   Kansas 
PG  2    Mario Chalmers
(Bartlett HS)
Anchorage, AK   6-2/180/20.0  05/19/2004
   Kansas 
SF  5    Micah Downs
(Juanita HS)
Kirkland, WA    6-8/185/19.0  05/17/2004
   Kansas 

The smart money is on OSU.

2006 commits:  all 5 stars except the last one is a 4 star

Pos Nat'l
Rank Nat'l
Rating Name
PF  2    Darrell Arthur
(South Oak Cliff HS)
Dallas, TX    6-9/215/27.0  05/09/2006
  Kansas 
PG  2    Sherron Collins
(Crane Technical Prep Common HS)
Chicago, IL    5-11/170/20.0  10/16/2005
   Kansas 
SG  27    Brady Morningstar
(The New Hampton School)
New Hampton, NH   6-3/165  10/04/2005
   Kansas 

that makes 7 recruits 5 star and 1 recruit 4 star in the last two years. where do you think he will get playing time????

go hogs --- crush the other teams.

The smart money is on OSU.

BloodRedHog

I just want to say THANKS to TRG for being a part of Hogville...good info...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hogblade

If we did lose James Anderson, big deal, we move on. We've lost bigger names at the last minute many times, and we've been alright. I'm sure he is going to go after someone else hard. There is still time. My biggest complaint was offering Rakestraw so early. I just don't know what I think about that.

For those criticizing the basketball team. Stop. They are going to be better this year than last year. Beverly, Weems and Ervin are for real, and I full expect Townes to be much better as well as getting something offensively out of Hill. Be ready for a solid team

Dwight_K_Shrute

A stud in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgWild

Well, I can't hate the kid for making his choice, but I sure in hell won't cheer for him now that he has turned his back on the Razorbacks.