Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Stan Heath The Next Boss Hog A Step Away From The Chopping Block

Started by Hella_Hog, October 02, 2006, 08:30:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

Ferguson did not always hustle. He walked up and down the court constantly. Hardly a sign of hustle. Lazy on defense. I have watched the Hogs for over 30 years now and have had to suffer such players as Brad Freiss and Kevin Rehl in the guard spot. I have never seen a worse guard on scholarship period. By the way Nolan left us Iguadola, Sullinger, and our toughest player the last 4 years, Modica. When you start realizing that Heath wasn't dynamic enough to keep Iguadola and Sullinger in the fold you will also understand why Ferguson was a turd.
Bless your heart

oldfart

I lost all respect for Heath as a coach when he let Bucknell dictate the pace of the game.....

oldbooniehog

I see the basketball program has also been reduced to claiming moral victories.

Hey, buck up! We lost to really good teams by only a few points!

We're the best one-and-done NCAA tournament team out there!

We're so close, I tell ya, so close.

Again, if Heath gets it really done this year....makes the Big Dance, gets past the first round, does really well in conference, more power to him and I hope the improvement continues.

I hope he actually does lead Arkanas back to a Final Four in the relatively near future.

But, if the team flounders in conference play, and fails to make the Big Dance, I think he needs to go coach somewhere else.

I'm not a Heath Hater. I actually think Heath is a nice guy.

But my opinion of him as the Arkansas basketball coach is not about how nice a guy he is or isn't, it's all about wins, baby, wins.......

And the math has not been kind to Heath for the last several years.

You can 't spin won-lost records. Wins is wins, and losses is loses.

oldbooniehog

Yo Huckleberry

The fact that you, all, want us to "forget about Bucknell" is representative of the absolute fact that you are a Heath apologist. That game exposed, for everyone accept you, that Heath can't coach. It was the "fresh legs" "strategy" that cinched it. :puke:

Razorback8

I don't see any talk of money by the firing squad?  We are still paying off Nolan.  So if we fire Stan and hire someone else, we have three head coaches on the payroll?  Stan deserves a chance this year and I'm not sure the University can justify firing him, financially, unless the season totally stinks.

I see 18 wins, opening round loss in the NCAAs unless we get a lucky draw, and one more year to get it right.

GuvHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 03, 2006, 12:34:57 pm
Ferguson did not always hustle. He walked up and down the court constantly. Hardly a sign of hustle. Lazy on defense. I have watched the Hogs for over 30 years now and have had to suffer such players as Brad Freiss and Kevin Rehl in the guard spot. I have never seen a worse guard on scholarship period. By the way Nolan left us Iguadola, Sullinger, and our toughest player the last 4 years, Modica. When you start realizing that Heath wasn't dynamic enough to keep Iguadola and Sullinger in the fold you will also understand why Ferguson was a turd.

This years point guard will make you forget about Eric Ferguson. He is likely to be one of
the best point guards ever to play on the Hill. His name is Ervin and he's the real deal.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JoyDivision

Quote from: Hella_Hog on October 02, 2006, 09:00:34 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on October 02, 2006, 08:34:57 pm....feel this team may be a pleasant surprise....
First round loss to Bucknell?  Puh-lease!  I equate that to HDN's loss to UNLV in the Las Vegas bowl.

From the other side he took Kent State to the elite 8. beating Sutton (by 8 poitns), then second seed Alabama (by 13 points) and finally a third seed Pittsburgh (by by 5 points).

sooie dog

Quote from: JoyDivision on October 03, 2006, 02:00:03 pm
Quote from: Hella_Hog on October 02, 2006, 09:00:34 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on October 02, 2006, 08:34:57 pm....feel this team may be a pleasant surprise....
First round loss to Bucknell?  Puh-lease!  I equate that to HDN's loss to UNLV in the Las Vegas bowl.

From the other side he took Kent State to the elite 8. beating Sutton (by 8 poitns), then second seed Alabama (by 13 points) and finally a third seed Pittsburgh (by by 5 points).

He basically had free tickets to all those games.  Those were not his players or system.

jamie72921

That was that particular bunch of seniors third trip to the tournament. They were not your typical mid major that season. They were very talented.
Bless your heart