Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Michael Washington been officially ruled ineligible?

Started by razor, September 27, 2006, 11:46:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razor

September 27, 2006, 11:46:20 pm Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:38:23 pm by hogapalooza
Anybody know for sure?

jhog45

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhog45 on September 27, 2006, 11:48:39 pm
Quote from: razor on September 27, 2006, 11:46:20 pm
Anybody know for sure?

Haven't heard.......why do you think this?

Heath said he would know by 3:00 PM today, but would not comment on it either way.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

razor

Listening to Sports Rap. Came in on the middle of a conversation about the subject. Sounded like some official word had come down and it din't sound good. Didn't get the details though.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

leavenworth1

Unbelievable.  I thought it was just a formality that he would be eligible.

searksportzfan

woooooooooo piiiigggggg sooooiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee

Adrenaline_Junkie

that would suck...........oh and btw............nice sig pic searksportzfan

berg

hogfankb

Seems like if someone on the hill knew the answer they would make sure it got out.

HighonSwine

Ok, lets go through the facts.

1) Genesis one Prep School, Cleared by the NCAA as an eligible Basketball   Factory.

2) He has passed his ACT and is enrolled, taking classes at the UA

3) 2 other players from the Genesis One team are enrolled and cleared to play at other schools.

So what is the hang up you all ask?  Arkansas will always get handed the shaft by the NCAA boards of "lets do what is in the worst interest of the kids that line our fat a** pockets."

Same reason that OU is not being investigated for having the same exact things happen in their program that the UA gets investigated for and held under a sh** cloud for 5 years.  It is water under the bridge in OU territory as far as the NCAA is concerned.

AltaHog

hogfankb

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 28, 2006, 11:09:22 am
If he isn't cleared, two things can be said:
1) Arkansas got hosed
2) Stanley is toast

I know this kid is suppose to be good and I really hope he is eligible but I don't think he will be the savior or the end of Heath's job. I can't see a player that is having to compete with Thomas, Townes, Hill, Hunter, McGowan coming in as a freshman and taking enough minutes to make a big enough impact that we could say we couldn't win because Washington didn't get to play.

If this was Weems or Beverley I would agree with you but he plays a position where we have more depth than any team in the SEC and probably the nation.

bigred7987

I would hate this as much for Michael as I would our selfish concerns over our basketball team....He is a good guy and don't want to see this happen to him when he did what he needed to do

hogfansrule

If he were enrolled at a rich school or a university with a better history than we have this never would have happened because they like this schools better.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hogfankb on September 28, 2006, 11:14:53 am

1) Arkansas got hosed
2) Stanley is toast

I know this kid is suppose to be good and I really hope he is eligible but I don't think he will be the savior or the end of Heath's job. I can't see a player that is having to compete with Thomas, Townes, Hill, Hunter, McGowan coming in as a freshman and taking enough minutes to make a big enough impact that we could say we couldn't win because Washington didn't get to play.

The key, to me, is he is that 3rd big body on the bench that would really allow major minutes for Hill and Townes to play together. Hunter is obvious (when he isn't hurt or possibly suspended for fighting), McGowan isn't large enough to play the 5 spot, and Thomas is being hyped as a 3/4 tweener.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

DoubleJ

Just saw him on campus...Don't know if it means anything.

bigred7987

He has been on campus since school started doing everything all the other players are doing

hogfankb

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 28, 2006, 12:48:15 pm
Quote from: hogfankb on September 28, 2006, 11:14:53 am

1) Arkansas got hosed
2) Stanley is toast

The key, to me, is he is that 3rd big body on the bench that would really allow major minutes for Hill and Townes to play together. Hunter is obvious (when he isn't hurt or possibly suspended for fighting), McGowan isn't large enough to play the 5 spot, and Thomas is being hyped as a 3/4 tweener.

Rivals has him listed at 6'8". I think he is going to be in the same mold as McGowan. From what I have read on here he has a better midrange game than McGowan. I am not trying to say we don't need this kid. He is suppose to have some major league talent. I just don't think our season rests on his shoulders.

JoyDivision

Quote from: HighonSwine on September 28, 2006, 10:06:18 am
Ok, lets go through the facts.

1) Genesis one Prep School, Cleared by the NCAA as an eligible Basketball   Factory.

2) He has passed his ACT and is enrolled, taking classes at the UA

3) 2 other players from the Genesis One team are enrolled and cleared to play at other schools.

So what is the hang up you all ask?  Arkansas will always get handed the shaft by the NCAA boards of "lets do what is in the worst interest of the kids that line our fat a** pockets."

Same reason that OU is not being investigated for having the same exact things happen in their program that the UA gets investigated for and held under a sh** cloud for 5 years.  It is water under the bridge in OU territory as far as the NCAA is concerned.

I'd sue the NCAA's ass

bigred7987

He is much thinner and seems to be more agile than McGowan. 

HawgAdvocate

Ahh my bad...I guess with all he listings having him at 6-10, and others at 6-8, it had me thinking on a whole different level.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

bigred7987

DoubleJ

Yeah, 6'10" sounds right.  I'm 5'11" and he towered over me as he walked by me today. 

bigred7987

I have been around him a few times and a few of the bball guys from my high school were 6'7 and 6'8 and he is taller than them clearly

hogfankb

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 28, 2006, 02:51:18 pm
I have been around him a few times and a few of the bball guys from my high school were 6'7 and 6'8 and he is taller than them clearly

Well the taller the better. I was just going by what I saw on rivals.

Does he look like Darius Miles to anyone else?

bigred7987

jamie72921

Ron Crawford is an idiot. I can clearly remember the retard on DTS while we were recruiting Omeka Okafur bad mouthing Nolan for it. Saying things like Okafur wasn't even D-1 material at a power school. Crawford = Blowhard.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

Wow..that's some strong words....everyone can be wrong once in a while.

It's not like Crawford thought he found WMDs and sent thousands to war over it.  :P

HogFaninGA

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 28, 2006, 03:25:16 pm

It's not like Crawford thought he found WMDs and sent thousands to war over it.  :P

that's a cheap shot

DoubleJ

Quote from: hogfankb on September 28, 2006, 02:53:56 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on September 28, 2006, 02:51:18 pm

Well the taller the better. I was just going by what I saw on rivals.

Does he look like Darius Miles to anyone else?
Yes.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 28, 2006, 03:25:54 pm

that's a cheap shot

Ric Flair-style  8)

DoubleJ

Looks like I am now a bench warmer...I knew I would make the team.

DoubleJ

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 28, 2006, 03:27:57 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 28, 2006, 03:25:54 pm

that's a cheap shot

Ric Flair-style  8)
You know what they say...HawgAdvocate is the dirtiest player in the game. ;)

jamie72921

Here is some more. Clem Haskins is a well respected coach and takes graduation rates and education more seriously than Nolan, according to Crawford. Crawford pointed Little Rock guard Quincy Lewis away from this program and toward Minn for this reason. Lewis' senior year the NCAA investigates and later finds cheating on grades done at Minn in full knowledge of Haskins himself. He would later be fired of course. There are more. He has stated how good a coach Dickey Nutt is. Blah, Blah, Blah. I quit listening to DTS during basketball season due in large part to Crawford's bs. He is connected, however but that hardly makes him intelligent.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

Haha, anyway, to get back on track....so Weems has been practicing with the team but Washington hasn't?

Or have then both been playing?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 28, 2006, 03:37:01 pm
Here is some more. Clem Haskins is a well respected coach and takes graduation rates and education more seriously than Nolan, according to Crawford. Crawford pointed Little Rock guard Quincy Lewis away from this program and toward Minn for this reason. Lewis' senior year the NCAA investigates and later finds cheating on grades done at Minn in full knowledge of Haskins himself. He would later be fired of course. There are more. He has stated how good a coach Dickey Nutt is. Blah, Blah, Blah. I quit listening to DTS during basketball season due in large part to Crawford's bs. He is connected, however but that hardly makes him intelligent.

I thought Lewis avoided Arkansas due to the Al Flanagan/Nolan rift.

A Boy Named Sue E.

HawgAdvocate

HighonSwine

Whatever the case, Nolan was always an idiot for never recruiting Parkview HS before Mike Jones.

HighonSwine

Weems is all clear.  Washington is the only one up in the air although we are still trying to figure out why is was supposedly cleared about a month ago and now he is not?

silvertip

My impression is that the NCAA is looking at Washington's transcripts from the 3 or 4 high schools he went to. The Genesis One school is cleared, but Michael's problems involve his moving around so much---looks suspicious to the NCAA?

bigred7987

That could be the only snag however none of the schools he went to are under investigation

silvertip

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 28, 2006, 04:04:59 pm
That could be the only snag however none of the schools he went to are under investigation

It doesn't matter if the other schools are under investigation. There can be transcript problems or a sudden large increase in an SAT score can trigger scrutiny.

SMITHOG

apparently the Ncaa thought he was one course shy, we appealed and are waiting to hear. The alabama player was cleared with the same problem, but the u of a is still waiting to hear.

The Hog

Quote from: silvertip on September 28, 2006, 03:57:39 pm
My impression is that the NCAA is looking at Washington's transcripts from the 3 or 4 high schools he went to. The Genesis One school is cleared, but Michael's problems involve his moving around so much---looks suspicious to the NCAA?
BINGO!
Automatic RUN!

heinekenhary

I guess you're not counting the 500 war heads they found armed with nerve gas.
Keep up.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

hawgwash

Man, talk about hijacking a thread!  So does anyone know if Washington's eligible or not?

gohawgzgo

September 28, 2006, 09:37:11 pm #49 Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:42:40 pm by gohawgzgo
Quote from: jamie72921 on September 28, 2006, 03:37:01 pm

I went to school with Quincy.  He went to Minn. because on his visit to Arkansas Nolan practically ignored him.  Nolan's pitch was if you want to come here I got a scholarship for ya and that was it.
F#ckem if they can't take a joke.