Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offical Oral Roberts-Arkansas Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, December 22, 2006, 06:39:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfankb

Nice job on the backdoor cut by Bev. TO and foul by ORU.

mountainhog

hogfankb

mountainhog

hogfankb

Crap green has got a nice hook shot.24 up

HeathWimp

Anyone else tired of "Smiling Caleb Green?"  He laughs every time he scores over Hill.

Maybe I should have said "Anyone tired of Steven Hill?"
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

hogfankb

Quote from: HeathWimp on December 22, 2006, 07:42:12 pm
Anyone else tired of "Smiling Caleb Green?"  He laughs every time he scores over Hill.

Yes. And Yes.

He is makking some extremely tought shots though.

TRUHOG718

Yes and Yes
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

Come on Hunter. We need you today. None of that soft ISH

Dwight_K_Shrute

If I was comparing this team to Last year I'd say PB=RB SW=J"P"M CT=CT.  Is anyone else worth a damn.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgdan

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on December 22, 2006, 07:44:58 pm
If we need Hunter, we are in trouble.

TRUHOG718

WilsonHog

Not to worry, gents.

Fourthcrusade has assured us that we will destroy ORU.   

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hawgdan on December 22, 2006, 07:46:36 pm
We do Townes is playing hurt . We need all of our bigs to step it up a notch

Temprees

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 22, 2006, 07:37:49 pm
Quote from: Temprees on December 22, 2006, 07:37:05 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 22, 2006, 07:34:16 pm
Ervin 5'10" calling for the oop.  WTH is that about.  If that's all the sense he has bench him and bench him now.  Thank god for Patrick Beverly.
He's already scored off of an alley oop once this season.
Text that to Jimmy Dykes he said it was a bad call too.
That doesn't make it correct.  Just Dykes opinion.  Dykes couldn't play the game, just tries to talk it.

hogfankb

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hawgdan on December 22, 2006, 07:46:36 pm

I'd rather have Fred Dryer, the one and only Hunter

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogfankb

Their big guy is dominating us. Has anyone else even scored for them?

BBQ

Seems to score over anyone, not just Hill.

No, I am not tired of Hill.

TRUHOG718

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hogfankb

We can't make anything.

26-24 at the half.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I wish Smokin Joe were still calling the games.  He'd call a Stan a Stan. 

ICEman

Man that is some old video in the Demozette commercial.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: BBQ on December 22, 2006, 07:49:24 pm

Seems to score over anyone, not just Hill.

No, I am not tired of Hill.

I am, he's just not agile enough to be a dominant center
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hawgdan

Quote from: opineonswine on December 22, 2006, 07:53:20 pm
Quote from: Temprees on December 22, 2006, 07:47:46 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 22, 2006, 07:37:49 pm
Quote from: Temprees on December 22, 2006, 07:37:05 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 22, 2006, 07:34:16 pm
Ervin 5'10" calling for the oop.  WTH is that about.  If that's all the sense he has bench him and bench him now.  Thank god for Patrick Beverly.
He's already scored off of an alley oop once this season.
Text that to Jimmy Dykes he said it was a bad call too.
That doesn't make it correct.  Just Dykes opinion.  Dykes couldn't play the game, just tries to talk it.

I'd rather have Jimmy Dykes as coach than SH.
True that

elksnort

Regardless of whether the Hogs win this game, anybody that thinks Heath is the right coach for Arkansas' program is............stupid.

Sorry, don't mean to be mean. But I am sick and tired of the shiiite.

Newhopehog

We should be able to go into the bleachers and find a point guard better than any we are putting on the floor...just don't understand it.......

spahoopsfan

At least a couple of things that I had hoped for has happened.  Weems is stepping up and I'm not even talking about the dunks. Beverly is playing his typical solid game and I wanted to see Washington get a chance.  We need this guy to get some playing time. I know he is a freshman and will make mistakes, but I think he is a better alternative than Hunter and give Weems or Thomas a break.

HogBaptist

man...oh man....i almost changed the channel.  i'm glad i got to see those two dunks, but the rest of the game is horrible.  more standing around.  gary ervin holding the ball...same old crap

bigyellowdog

TushCrush

Charles Thomas reminds me of a young Charles Oakley.

hogfankb

Great start. Gave up a lucky 3 but answered with a layup and 2 dunks.

hogfankb

wirebender25

Keep it going hogs....but no fouls Hill.  

hogfankb

hogfankb

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TushCrush on December 22, 2006, 08:05:15 pm
Charles Thomas reminds me of a young Charles Oakley.

Gary Ervin reminds me of a young Dontell Jefferson.

HogginAllDay&Nite

Now that's Nolan Richardson basketball, all pressure
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

mountainhog

hawgdan

WOW, was that real full court press?  I mean, they actually tried to cause a turnover.  Had to suprise ORU

TuckFexas

OK, just had to comment on the old ladies they just showed during the timeout. WTH?! The crowd is calling the Hogs and these two 98 year old lookers are talking about God knows what. I'm guessing Ester and how her son isn't coming for Christmas or something? Stay the F*CK at home if you're going to act dead at Bud Walton!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

NEAHawgfan

Guys, we have a thread going on a Hogs ORU game? This should be one we check on in passing as we win by 25 on talent alone. Instead, we're up 3 in the second half after trailing at halftime. I shake my head in amazing shame. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

hogfankb

"Eddie Sutton put it on the map. Nolan Richardson kept it on the map" -Jimmy Dykes.

Kept it on the map? Come on now Jimmy i don't know that winning a NC is "keeping them on the map"

Golfer

Quote from: TuckFexas on December 22, 2006, 08:11:44 pm
OK, just had to comment on the old ladies they just showed during the timeout. WTH?! The crowd is calling the Hogs and these two 98 year old lookers are talking about God knows what. I'm guessing Ester and how her son isn't coming for Christmas or something? Stay the F*CK at home if you're going to act dead at Bud Walton!

At least they are there and not at home complaining from one's computer.

hogfankb

Wow. Has the tempo picked up in this game.

Adam Stokes

"Eddie Sutton put it on the map. Nolan Richardson kept it on the map, then threw the map in the fire"

Fixed it for ya

hawgdan

Quote from: Golfer on December 22, 2006, 08:13:21 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on December 22, 2006, 08:11:44 pm

At least they are there and not at home complaining from one's computer.
Ouch