Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE BUZZ SHILLS Whiff of Racism

Started by SexyBeast77, December 21, 2006, 01:02:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudge

hog caller

everybody plays power puff games even the great Oklahoma and Texas and USC everyone does it i mean everyone. thats why we are playing La tech on the 30th no conference is big enough to have 20 gmaes on it's own and if you had to go through the top teams in every conference to get there hey, there wouldn't be a tournament no one would have 20 wins so here come the powder puffs. it's a fact of life and everone does it so get used to it. it doesn't require a home and home situation and just puts money in the coffers.

onehogfan

Quote from: Thearkfan on December 22, 2006, 05:29:41 pm
Well, let me make this point.  Nolan did not get a raise with his first winning season with Arkansas.  He got it the next season when he had set a president for winning.  Nut has 1 - 10 game season and no one can see the problem with that.  The problem with racism is that most white  people never see it because they don't live it so there for it does not exist at the ALLMIGHTY Univ. of Arkansas.  It still exist today people. And yes even Arkansas.  Yes, Nolan ran his mouth too much.  He should have kept some of his comments to himself.   When Nolan was getting fired by the Arkansas faithful...many of you were praising Bobby Knight who sometimes hit players and cursed players consistenly out and throwing chairs ect....This coming on the radio with the so called Arkansas faithful.  If Nutt were at Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, he would have been fired 4 years ago.  That is the reason those program win and will keep winning.  If it has nothing to do with color explain why Nolan had to have 2 winning seasons before he got his raise?  Nutt, has 2 losing seasons in a row and the program is not consistent but you give him a raise for that.  Furthermore, we won the South and we still did not get a BCS birth.  I am sure we will lose this bowl but Nutt will get his raise.  By the way Arkansas fired Nolan.................for what?  they deserve what they get 2 coaches that are mediocre at best.

Arkansas MAY have fired Nolan, but i always thought that Nolan had already quit, he just hadn't left. He said, "if they dont like it they can pay me off " we did and he sued. Nolan is one of the most racist public figures i have ever witnessed, and I was a huge Nolan fan even in his first two years. ( his daughter was the same age as my daughter and that whole ordeal really struck a chord in me) I always overlooked his diatribes as understnadable after all he had endured, but there comes a point when you have crossed the line and that last press conference really CROSSED that line.

As far as JFB being a racist goes, well that is poppycock.  Has he ever used the N word? Duhm, show me an eighty year old person who hasn't. That word was used by white people until the mid sixties or so to refer to black people. That did not make them all racists, just misinformed and ignorant.

You do realize that JFB hired the first black major sport head coach in the SWC. He also signed the first black scholarship player in the SWC so go pedal your hatred elsewhere.

His record with minorities is pretty good, especially when you consider the generation he was born in and the fact that he was a trendsetter in hiring of black coaches and in recruiting black athletes.