Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCurdy laughing on the bench

Started by MCPeePants, December 18, 2006, 09:37:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HighonSwine

Quote from: BPPig on December 18, 2006, 09:56:10 am
I don't know the scheme part of it enough to say squat about on offense. I am not even sure it matters except to the fan.

All you need to know is that if this team was half as physical and disciplined as the team Knight whooped our a** with, we would have won easily.  They do not even know how to set a screen.  Get physical, set a screen, knock someone to the ground with it and free up Beverly for more than one three point attempt.  You cannot have a motion offense without screening and in the last 5 years, no Stan Heath team can screen worth a flip.  He has taught them to rebound, now lets teach them to screen and we may, just may, get some open looks.   

toshortrock

somebody did make a good statement,who;s paying his way,now thats funny,but why cry,the bb team is going to take many dummings this year
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

NuttSupport

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with Weems.  Like it was stated earlier it usually takes a year for JUCO's and frosh. to adjust.  There are exceptions, but take it form someone that saw Weems up close quite a bit last year, he'll be a good one.  He's only played 10 games and hasn't been that bad.  He's had his great moments and bad moments, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Immensehog

We are one bowl game away from a long boring winter.

Come on Van Horn, we need you babe!
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

imahoggie

he heard that nutt was getting an extension and a raise
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

TransAmHawg

Darnell? Lee Wilson? Dontell?  Still have to Thank NOLAN the A$$ for where we are even now. I vote for Bill Self or the coach at Gonzaga.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

razor rob

Quote from: Tusker-N-Hooch on December 18, 2006, 02:12:49 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on December 18, 2006, 01:21:14 pm
Steven Hill is another RoJo.  All we ever hear is how he is tearing it up on offense during practice or pick up games, but when the lights come on, he forgets everything.  That guy is NO better than he was when he got here.  He still turns his back on the offensive player, hasno offensive skills to speak of, and without his shot blocking skills, wouldn't be on any D-1 team anywhere gaining meaningful minutes. 

I'm sorry guys, but this team in horrible. The coaching is horrible, the offense is horrible, and the defense is horrible.  I GUARANTEE I could gather 7 or 8 guys off one of the Camden City league teams, and SMOKE the Razorbacks. 

I've gotta agree on the stephen hil thing. when you block it, go get it and score. he waits for teammates to get the rock. it is just a travesty watching this half-court offensive jaugernaut. my wife even said "what happened to forty minutes of hell?" unblievable.

It's now "20 minutes of dadgummit" and "20 minutes of gosh did you see that?"

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsNbeer on December 18, 2006, 09:43:43 am
I remember Matt Jones doing it also........During a game we were getting beat, showed him hamming it up...... I have a big problem with it.....and I dont' care if you are the star player,  shows a lack of respect for the team.... Plus it makes you look stupid...
Matt Jones was the coolest guy on the field.  Nothing rattled him.  Some used to wonder if he had a pulse.  Nutt said he was uncoachable, but all you had to do was put the ball in his hand, and he could work miracles.  Give him Darren McFadden, and we got a national championship team.  Jones laughed in the face of pressure.  anyway, it just makes you look stupid win you dog someone for laughing.  Maybe he forgot to take life seriously for a moment, or maybe you take it too seriously.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TDHog

Add me to the McCurdy has talent.  He has played under control.  The lack of D and turnovers is a tag that carried over from last year.  HE actually has 7 steals to Ervin's 10 in 1/3rd the playing time.  He plays under control much better than Ervin.  He will never be the slasher that Ervin is, but he looks more to get his team involved and has a good basketball head on his shoulders.  Heath has had the "Quick Trigger" with him so he has never gotten in the flow of any games.  His shooting has vastly improved this year.  At this point after Ervins latest performance against an average D, I'd rather see McCurdy.  I too think those of you that are giving up on him will eat your words.  Remeber he missed his entire senior year with a broke ankle.  HE was highly sought after and has great vision.

Fatty McGee

McCurdy picks up the ball under pressure and isn't quick enough to get around guys when he's dribbling.  Therefore he cannot be the PG.  He either can't get his shot off fast enough or isn't confident enough with it to be a shooting guard. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!