Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will anyone pony up the $17 million?

Started by hoggusamoungus, March 17, 2018, 07:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:52:48 pm
If the commission raises the money for upgrades, why do you care?

Honestly, since you're into honesty, sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't.    Simply put it was a crapshoot....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:54:56 pm
HA!   That's your logic.. Wow.

No...That's a fact.

Distance isn't any issue dude. Or that's what the NWA crowd has been saying to CA people for the last decade or so.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 10:55:24 pm
Honestly, since you're into honesty, sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't.    Simply put it was a crapshoot....

About like our entire history in the SEC.

While we're being honest.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:56:24 pm
About like our entire history in the SEC.

While we're being honest.

Actually we're par for the course regarding the SEC...  you checked all the other SEC schools records (except for one or two that is..;))

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:56:08 pm
No...That's a fact.

Distance isn't any issue dude. Or that's what the NWA crowd has been saying to CA people for the last decade or so.

the crybaby BS factor of Fayetteville is to far to go to see the Hogs play is BS.  We need games in LR at a crap hole is retarded. The University is in Fayetteville, want to see a game go to Fayetteville.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 10:58:38 pm
Actually we're par for the course regarding the SEC...  you checked all the other SEC schools records (except for one or two that is..;))

We've had 8 winning conference records in the last 25 years.

I'd say that isn't all that great. I'm not concerned about the other schools.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:59:32 pm
the crybaby BS factor of Fayetteville is to far to go to see the Hogs play is BS.  We need games in LR at a crap hole is retarded. The University is in Fayetteville, want to see a game go to Fayetteville.

And..... arguably the most beautiful campus in the SEC.... just sayin.... :)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:59:32 pm

I don't live in central Arkansas.

I have to drive 6 hours just to get to Little Rock and haven't been to a game at WMS since 1992.

I suggest writing a letter to the AD and tell him all the arguments you posted on here today. Make sure you include your RF# with it.

;)

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:02:44 pm
I don't live in central Arkansas.

I have to drive 6 hours just to get to Little Rock and haven't been to a game at WMS since 1992.

I suggest writing a letter to the AD and tell him all the arguments you posted on here today. Make sure you include your RF# with it.

;)

The games in LR are already going away because they make no sense anymore. I don't have to do anything. 

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:01:38 pm
We've had 8 winning conference records in the last 25 years.

I'd say that isn't all that great. I'm not concerned about the other schools.

Look..  the SEC is vastly, by astronomical light year proportions, a much tougher conference than the old SWC....  just wait...   when the Hogs win it all in football, you'll be glad they did it on the toughest collegiate conference in the world...   also please remember that college athletics is much more than just football (cough...cough), as if you will check, Arkansas is number 1 in the SEC in college athletics national championships...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 11:06:33 pm
The games in LR are already going away because they make no sense anymore. I don't have to do anything.

That's not why they would be going away.

If they indeed do go away.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:08:47 pm

The University loses how much money every time they play a home game at that dump according the UofA? Just take a guess.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 11:08:19 pm
Look..  the SEC is vastly, by astronomical light year proportions, a much tougher conference than the old SWC....  just wait...   when the Hogs win it all in football, you'll be glad they did it on the toughest collegiate conference in the world...   also please remember that college athletics is much more than just football (cough...cough), as if you will check, Arkansas is number 1 in the SEC in college athletics national championships...

Bruh.....

I get it........ I'm an Arkansan..... Track Championships have zero to do with the football program. \

We're talking football..... Over the last 25 years we have been mediocre to average, with three really good seasons mixed in for good measure.

I'm not seeing a NC in our near term football future. I still donate. I still go to games...... But this isn't the 60s-70s-80s. As evidenced by the last three decades.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:08:47 pm

Well, it's obvious that you're thinking that the PTB behind WMS future games had everything to do with the exit of Jeff and Bret and the installation of a more "Little Rock friendly " AD and HC....  for the University of Arkansas sake, I hope you're wrong....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 11:11:37 pm
The University loses how much money every time they play a home game at that dump according the UofA? Just take a guess.

Long and Fat Boy had alienated the rest of the state, at least in part, due to the eternal struggle of the almighty dollar.

Then there's this.

Yurachek and football coach Chad Morris were both hired in early December. According to Yurachek, it is important to both he and Morris that Razorbacks fans in central Arkansas continue to feel a strong connection to the program.

What better way than to keep a game there?

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:12:16 pm
Bruh.....

I get it........ I'm an Arkansan..... Track Championships have zero to do with the football program. \

We're talking football..... Over the last 25 years we have been mediocre to average, with three really good seasons mixed in for good measure.

I'm not seeing a NC in our near term football future. I still donate. I still go to games...... But this isn't the 60s-70s-80s. As evidenced by the last three decades.

Not to a football game at the pit in LR in the last 26 years according to you! You're a fan and support your school and that's what matters.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:16:37 pm
Long and Fat Boy had alienated the rest of the state, at least in part, due to the eternal struggle of the almighty dollar.

Then there's this.

Yurachek and football coach Chad Morris were both hired in early December. According to Yurachek, it is important to both he and Morris that Razorbacks fans in central Arkansas continue to feel a strong connection to the program.

Not wasting millions of dollars would be a start.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 11:14:29 pm
Well, it's obvious that you're thinking that the PTB behind WMS future games had everything to do with the exit of Jeff and Bret and the installation of a more "Little Rock friendly " AD and HC....  for the University of Arkansas sake, I hope you're wrong....

I don't think anything. I don't really care. But the emotion that some people have toward WMS is silly. Plain silly.

I donate, buy my tickets and give most of them to my brother. I live to far away to attend every game either in LR or NWA.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 11:17:09 pm
Not to a football game at the pit in LR in the last 26 years according to you! You're a fan and support your school and that's what matters.

22 of those were in the military. 14 of those overseas. I chose to take leave, like most people, at Christmas and the summer.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:21:27 pm
22 of those were in the military. 14 of those overseas. I chose to take leave, like most people, at Christmas and the summer.

Thank you for your service. But still doesn't change the fact that WMS is a pit and The Hogs should not play there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 11:24:23 pm
Thank you for your service. But still doesn't change the fact that WMS is a pit and The Hogs should not play there.

Thanks. Wasn't really why I mentioned it.

Maintained my donation every year. Even when I didn't go to games. That is the only reason I haven't attended any games at WMS since high school. I barely get to attend one game a year at this point. Good for my brother. He gets the tickets I can't use.

LZH

No...That's a fact.

Smmmack!

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 18, 2018, 05:14:50 am
Smmmack!

So, you're going to give the students the extra 10,000 seats they lose from RRS games?? Wow, that's a lot of Central Arkansas fans who won't be able to attend the game at WMS, kind of defeats the purpose, right? Isn't the purpose of a game in WMS to be able to afford all of those ticket buyers from SEA, SWA, East, and Central Arkansas the opportunity to watch a game? You know, so mean ole NWA won't "Hog" them?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2018, 08:17:56 am
Isn't the purpose of a game in WMS to be able to afford all of those ticket buyers from SEA, SWA, East, and Central Arkansas the opportunity to watch a game? You know, so mean ole NWA won't "Hog" them?

I thought the purpose in games at WMS is to honor the Veterans of our state?

It seems we are losing our on the 'memorial' perspective in this conversation...games come secondary to the place being a War Memorial.

I think we should update the place and offer concessions that honor our Veterans - that would include red, white and blue cotton candy.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 08:25:45 am
I thought the purpose in games at WMS is to honor the Veterans of our state?

It seems we are losing our on the 'memorial' perspective in this conversation...games come secondary to the place being a War Memorial.

I think we should update the place and offer concessions that honor our Veterans - that would include red, white and blue cotton candy.

I'm pretty sure you can have a memorial without having games, don't you? If not, they can still have games there, they have tons of them that aren't the University of Arkansas' every year.

Mr. Porkleone

150-175 million to update DWRRS and we are talking about a run down WMS. I think the answer is simple. Razorback stadium is going to be beautiful in the Ozarks and we're talking about WMS. Year it down and enjoy the memories. The place is disgusting and in a crime ridden area. LR area fans can't even sell out Georgia game a few years back or any others for that matter. Spending 17 million plus would be a joke.

All games belong on campus.

Tusks

Some of you guys don't get it.  Many movers and shakers want the UA to pay some of the $17M out of it's pocket.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Porked Tongue

Quote from: tusked on March 18, 2018, 10:41:54 am
Some of you guys don't get it.  Many movers and shakers want the UA to pay some of the $17M out of it's pocket.
You mean the UA, Fayetteville?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2018, 08:46:24 am
I'm pretty sure you can have a memorial without having games, don't you? If not, they can still have games there, they have tons of them that aren't the University of Arkansas' every year.

Either way - updates needed if it's going to be a memorial - or just change the name so it's not a memorial any longer.

UALR will probably need it for their stadium

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 18, 2018, 10:42:52 am

It won't be UAMS paying, they're about $72m in the red for 2018.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2018, 11:53:57 am
It won't be UAMS paying, they're about $72m in the red for 2018.

UAFS might help

Vantage 8 dude

The way I look at it, and always will, the school in Fayetteville, is THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS, period. Not necessary to tack on the designation "Fayetteville" as there is only one such school.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 18, 2018, 01:17:44 pm
The way I look at it, and always will, the school in Fayetteville, is THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS, period. Not necessary to tack on the designation "Fayetteville" as there is only one such school.
We are not disagreeing.

thebignasty

This is an excellent subtle reversal of a stupid ass jab.

Torqued pork

I've never
Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 10:49:18 am
Either way - updates needed if it's going to be a memorial - or just change the name so it's not a memorial any longer.

UALR will probably need it for their stadium
There were countless "War Memorials" built shortly after WWII.

I've never had the impression the fans who discard beer cans on the golf course and are thorough shirt-faced in the stands were there to honor veterns.

twistitup

Quote from: Torqued pork on March 18, 2018, 02:09:07 pm
I've never There were countless "War Memorials" built shortly after WWII.

I've never had the impression the fans who discard beer cans on the golf course and are thorough shirt-faced in the stands were there to honor veterns.

If it has no meaning...rename it. Make some $ w a sponsorship deal ... help fund remodel w that money

99toLife

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 02:41:16 pm
If it has no meaning...rename it. Make some $ w a sponsorship deal ... help fund remodel w that money

It's a dump, let the city of Little Rock decide to put money into it and if they don't then it is what it is.

Porked Tongue

March 18, 2018, 02:47:36 pm #87 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:05:30 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 02:41:16 pm

UALR is going to start up wrestling.  Maybe they can have the first outdoor arena for college wrestling?

ricepig

Quote from: 99toLife on March 18, 2018, 02:45:18 pm
It's a dump, let the city of Little Rock decide to put money into it and if they don't then it is what it is.

The State owns it, so it's their responsibility. I doubt real serious that the voters of LR would approve a tax to fund repairs, maybe a doubling of their "hotel" tax.

twistitup

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 18, 2018, 02:47:36 pm
UALR is going to start up wrestling.  Maybe they can have the first outdoor arena for college wrestling?

Outdoor MMA / Boxing / midget wrestling could help

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 10:32:52 pm
So....  you think that WMS is on a college campus? (No, it's closer to Little Rock Zoo by two than UAMS.....what's your point?)

My point is as yours is....it is not on a college campus so demolishing it would not be that uncommon.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

No...That's a fact.

If distance isn't an issue, and it isn't anymore, then why don't more CA people simply drive up to the more beautiful and economically feasible place on campus to attend games. You know like they do everywhere else now.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike Irwin

The bottom line, it's hard to justify that kind of money for one game a year and any attempt to actually add seats (even more money) would require going back to the previous arrangement of playing three game a year in LR which is not going to happen. It's just a bad situation. The only way games are going to stay in LR is if somebody or a group of somebodies in Central Arkansas is willing to come up with 17 million for one game a year. Who knows? Maybe they will.

AHiD

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 11:16:37 pm

Then there's this.

I'm in Dallas, and I wouldn't feel alienated by the Hogs no longer playing games in Dallas.
My name...is Jerruh

twistitup

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 18, 2018, 05:03:08 pm
The bottom line, it's hard to justify that kind of money for one game a year and any attempt to actually add seats (even more money) would require going back to the previous arrangement of playing three game a year in LR which is not going to happen. It's just a bad situation. The only way games are going to stay in LR is if somebody or a group of somebodies in Central Arkansas is willing to come up with 17 million for one game a year. Who knows? Maybe they will.

Do you feel it should still be a memorial to our Veterans if we aren't going to take care of it?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 05:09:32 pm
Do you feel it should still be a memorial to our Veterans if we aren't going to take care of it?
If by "we" you mean the fans, I don't see a half million Hog fans contributing a hundred dollars apiece or whatever.

The city doesn't want responsibility for the stadium and neither does Pulaski County. In the past there have been ballots where funding to keep WMS up to snuff was turned down.

The stadium commission and the state will have to decide.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

What could really be done w/ WMS?

I've long thought that it be nice to have one game a year there, preferably scheduled against one of the 3 service academies with maybe a SEC game every 4th year.

Not sure why we never schedule Air Force/Army/Navy. Would be more interest in those games than SE Missouri St., Missouri St., UTEP, Texas St., Nicholls St. etc.

Times have changed and football is a disaster at the local level in Little Rock due to the federal oversight and lawsuits. It's hard to have a football connection with fans when they don't even have a care in the world about their local high schools.

Any solution is going to be a huge waste of money in the short term and long term.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

twistitup

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on March 18, 2018, 05:59:23 pm
What could really be done w/ WMS?

I've long thought that it be nice to have one game a year there, preferably scheduled against one of the 3 service academies with maybe a SEC game every 4th year.

Not sure why we never schedule Air Force/Army/Navy. Would be more interest in those games than SE Missouri St., Missouri St., UTEP, Texas St., Nicholls St. etc.

Times have changed and football is a disaster at the local level in Little Rock due to the federal oversight and lawsuits. It's hard to have a football connection with fans when they don't even have a care in the world about their local high schools.

Any solution is going to be a huge waste of money in the short term and long term.

UALR could start a Stadium Mgmt degree program. Have h.s., college, and semi pro games -- real life experiences for the students in the program.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 18, 2018, 06:08:01 pm
UALR could start a Stadium Mgmt degree program. Have h.s., college, and semi pro games -- real life experiences for the students in the program.

Yeah, that makes sense, spend $17m so a school can start a degree program that isn't in demand.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2018, 06:55:59 pm
Yeah, that makes sense, spend $17m so a school can start a degree program that isn't in demand.

It's the American Way - you develop a degree program BECAUSE you have a facility available. Look at RRS - that's what happens when a stadium is lacking mgmt.

Rice, why don't you donate the money...have a stadium named after you and a new degree program dedicated to you as well