Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks to the Seniors

Started by niels_boar, March 16, 2018, 06:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

The worst aspect of this loss is that we will never see Jaylen, Daryl, Trey, Arlando, Anton, or Dustin where Razorback red again.

Daryl and Jalen were the most dynamic backcourt that we have had in decades.  I'll miss seeing those step-back jumpers fall over and over again.

Anton always played above his weight class and often brought his best game in the most important ones.  He was nearly perfect in Oxford as a frosh in a critical road win that turned the corner of Arkansas being a frequent non-participant in the NCAAT this century to a team that made the dance in three of his four years and made the round of 32 twice.

I loved the cerebral approach that Trey brought to the floor.  As a bigger fan of the dime than the dunk, not that dunks aren't fun too, Trey was my kind of player.

Arlando always exuded supreme effort and brought a defensive mindset to the floor that was much appreciated.

It was fun to watch Dustin bang with the bigs and then run the court for a transition basket or knock down the open jumper.  We could have used him today.

Thanks for the memories.  I was thoroughly entertained by their efforts on the court and hope to continue my fandom when they are wearing different colors in the future.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

sadhogfan

Quote from: niels_boar on March 16, 2018, 06:40:14 pm
The worst aspect of this loss is that we will never see Jaylen, Daryl, Trey, Arlando, Anton, or Dustin where Razorback red again.

Daryl and Jalen were the most dynamic backcourt that we have had in decades.  I'll miss seeing those step-back jumpers fall over and over again.

Anton always played above his weight class and often brought his best game in the most important ones.  He was nearly perfect in Oxford as a frosh in a critical road win that turned the corner of Arkansas being a frequent non-participant in the NCAAT this century to a team that made the dance in three of his four years and made the round of 32 twice.

I loved the cerebral approach that Trey brought to the floor.  As a bigger fan of the dime than the dunk, not that dunks aren't fun too, Trey was my kind of player.

Arlando always exuded supreme effort and brought a defensive mindset to the floor that was much appreciated.

It was fun to watch Dustin bang with the bigs and then run the court for a transition basket or knock down the open jumper.  We could have used him today.

Thanks for the memories.  I was thoroughly entertained by their efforts on the court and hope to continue my fandom when they are wearing different colors in the future.

I hate that Macon and Barford went out like this, because they are a pair of studs.

Our fan base can be as collectively stupid as we want to be, but there are some cooler heads out there that realize that we have attained a level of sustained success that, while not as high as we would like, is better than it has been for two decades and these two players are a big part of that.

Beard is arguably an even bigger part, as 3 of his 4 seasons were NCAAT runs. I wish we could have seen his career trajectory had he not had the off-the-court issues after his freshman season.

Trey is all hog. Did a lot of the little things.

Cook got lost in the shuffle, but played well today.

Thomas is a big disappointment to me, because he was a useful piece inside, and his actions led to him letting his team down at the most important time of the season. I'm sure he feels terrible, and I hate that for him.

Thanks to all these guys!