Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how i feel about the upcoming SEC slate...

Started by Ben, September 15, 2014, 07:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Tamu- i feel we can run the ball well on them, however, they will torch us on defense. If tamu goes up two scores, we may be in a hole given that our run game chews up clock. If defense holds and run game does, we can keep it close.

Bama- honestly, they look suspect. Given that they struggle against the pass however. Their run D is usually decent, a quality of a Saban coached team. With this being the 1964 honor game (and shockingly vs the team that supposedly claims the same championship year) do not be surprised if this is close. This team is inexperienced.

UGA- the injury bug keeps us close in this one. However gurley is the exact opposite of his last name.

LSU- always 50-50 but favors us more. Also young and inexperienced. However playing wisc may help them defensively against us

Ole Miss- everyone is sleeping on them. I dont see a win from this game unless Bo knows interceptions or if theres injury on the defensive side. They have the best defense in the SEC. Very talented and physical.

Miss St-talented defense. Strong box, but still think we get them

Mizz- we stop their offense, we dominate up front, solid win.

What you guys think?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

TheGreatHogsby

I agree with those comments. Don't be suprised if we beat Georgia though.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

As far as Mizzou, if we stack the box like we did during the Cotton Bowl, you will be forced to throw. Do you have the receivers? It will be an interesting game. As big as your O line is, I am glad we play you last. I am sure our boys will be sore.

Ben

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on September 15, 2014, 07:41:50 pm
As far as Mizzou, if we stack the box like we did during the Cotton Bowl, you will be forced to throw. Do you have the receivers? It will be an interesting game. As big as your O line is, I am glad we play you last. I am sure our boys will be sore.
true but do you still have the line to get the job done? Sam and cony leaving hurt yal defensive line
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.

Ben

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on September 15, 2014, 07:10:26 pm
I agree with those comments. Don't be suprised if we beat Georgia though.
Georgia is banged up. If they stay banged up, who knows? Then LR magic always happens with a decent arkansas team.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on September 15, 2014, 07:41:50 pm

That's a fair assessment bro. And yeah, they will be sore regardless of the outcome. +1

This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Ben on September 15, 2014, 08:58:15 pm
Georgia is banged up. If they stay banged up, who knows? Then LR magic always happens with a decent arkansas team.

You're a brave man, Ben.  Naive, but brave.  +1 cuz you'll need it.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HF#1

A&M - If we can control the clock, we will be in this game until the end.  Of course our defense will have to be at worst, slightly above average.   How much can they improve in 2 weeks?  They come quite a long way to this point.  I firmly believe this to be a toss up game.  Wouldn't be shocked if we came home with a W.  Wouldnt be surprised if A&M won by a cpl TD's.

Alabama - We aren't beating Alabama.  We might not get blown out but as a whole, but we aren't there yet.  Everybody is sleeping on Bama and that is a mistake imo.

Georgia -  I've almost forgotten about this game.  I like our run game just as much as the rest of the country likes Gurley.  I think it's a wash.  This one will come down to defense and who can make the big play.  We can keep it close but I think Georgia gets us in the end.

LSU - Another team everybody is sleeping on.  We get them at home but I think everyone will miss playing them the day after Thanksgiving. I'm sorry but I firmly believe that affected LSU in a negative way. They have every bit the nasty O-line that we have.  Their defense is stout. We will need to execute and play one of our best games to win. 

Mississippi Schools - Both are good but I question how good.  I think we will pick off one of these games.  My brain tells me we beat Ole Miss at home but lose a close one in Starkvegas.

Mizzou - I think we win this game convincingly.  Hogs 42 Mizzou 21 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple teams on this list under estimate us a little bit. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Ben

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 09:10:07 pm
You're a brave man, Ben.  Naive, but brave.  +1 cuz you'll need it.
how am i naive?

PonderinHog

bphi11ips

bphi11ips

Quote from: HF#1 on September 15, 2014, 09:10:49 pm
A&M - If we can control the clock, we will be in this game until the end.  Of course our defense will have to be at worst, slightly above average.   How much can they improve in 2 weeks?  They come quite a long way to this point.  I firmly believe this to be a toss up game.  Wouldn't be shocked if we came home with a W.  Wouldnt be surprised if A&M won by a cpl TD's.

Alabama - We aren't beating Alabama.  We might not get blown out but as a whole, but we aren't there yet.  Everybody is sleeping on Bama and that is a mistake imo.

Georgia -  I've almost forgotten about this game.  I like our run game just as much as the rest of the country likes Gurley.  I think it's a wash.  This one will come down to defense and who can make the big play.  We can keep it close but I think Georgia gets us in the end.

LSU - Another team everybody is sleeping on.  We get them at home but I think everyone will miss playing them the day after Thanksgiving. I'm sorry but I firmly believe that affected LSU in a negative way. They have every bit the nasty O-line that we have.  Their defense is stout. We will need to execute and play one of our best games to win. 

Mississippi Schools - Both are good but I question how good.  I think we will pick off one of these games.  My brain tells me we beat Ole Miss at home but lose a close one in Starkvegas.

Agree with all but Mizzou.  Not sure what to think but they look pretty darned good so far, especially Maty Mauk.  And they play well at home.

Paul

I think OM is vulnerable. They haven't been able to run the ball against inferior comp so far.  Mizzou will be tough cuz Mauk looks like the real deal.

Ben

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 15, 2014, 09:39:18 pm
For mentioning the ole WMS magic.
With a decent team it seems accurate. To me rather. I dont count the past two years.

HF#1

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 09:44:49 pm
Agree with all but Mizzou.  Not sure what to think but they look pretty darned good so far, especially Maty Mauk.  And they play well at home.

I just don't buy it.  They lost a lot from last year.  QB is good but I have serious questions about the rest of the squad. 

Ben

Quote from: Paul on September 15, 2014, 10:04:44 pm
I think OM is vulnerable. They haven't been able to run the ball against inferior comp so far.  Mizzou will be tough cuz Mauk looks like the real deal.
Freeze will open it up passing wise then if they cant run. That can work in Ark favor if bo screws up, but can also be a thorn once they get working. Ole miss defense will give our offense all we can handle

Ramtough

Any time teams can load the box and make us throw the ball I think its going to be a problem for us. Thats why I had us at 5-7 but I had the Tech game as a lose and the Aggies as a win. Those games may be just the opposite. Our front 4 on D isn't getting much pressure on the QB's and in conference play that will get us beat.

fakebobholt

We beat 2 teams we should and people linenup saying we will beat several teams in the top 10. Surely some of you dont think we are beating bama, a $ m, ga, and lsu. They all are loaded with talent. You were the same ones saying we would beat auburn. I hope we win them too but do you guys not get tired of setting yourselves up for dissapointment all the while continuing a streak of bad picks. We are improving but we arent there yet. We played 1 good quarter against a quality SEC opponet yet we are beating 3 or 4 teams in the top 10.

three hog night

Quote from: HF#1 on September 15, 2014, 09:10:49 pm

A&M played over their heads at USCe and USCe laid an egg.   A&M is suspect on defense with our Oline and play action against their secondary.  Hill is good but not as good as he looked against USCe.  Tight game if we do not turn over the ball.

Bama has QB issues that cannot be discounted.   Amari Cooper will bail them out at times.  Their run game will carry them.  Their defense is STILL good.  We will look much more respectable and may be a close game.

UGA is good and will come back from the USCe loss with anger.  I don't feel good about this one.

LSU has QB issues that cannot be discounted.  Their running game will carry them.  This will be a close game.

Ole Miss is a toss up

MIsstake is a victory.  Their def line is their strength but our Oline will negate their strength.  Prescott is good but he will get exposed this week against LSU.

Mizzou is an unknown for right now. 
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

jjdlc

Mostly agree, my biggest differences though are with the Mississippi schools, neither one has really shown me anything yet that makes me buy the whole sleeper thing I keep hearing about.

TheGrove68

Quote from: Ben on September 15, 2014, 08:57:01 pm
true but do you still have the line to get the job done? Sam and cony leaving hurt yal defensive line

Not true Golden and Ray might be better DE than Sam and Kony...we return all 4 DT. Ray was def. Player of the week.Just google their Nfl draft status for more info. Our DL is nails this year golden and ray already have 9 sacs. Our LBs are young and have had a few run fit problems and gave up gap control and this led to a few big runs but they are improving and should be real solid come conference time.

It will be interesting to see how your OL matches up to our DL.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

ZERO

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 15, 2014, 10:50:49 pm
We beat 2 teams we should and people linenup saying we will beat several teams in the top 10. Surely some of you dont think we are beating bama, a $ m, ga, and lsu. They all are loaded with talent. You were the same ones saying we would beat auburn. I hope we win them too but do you guys not get tired of setting yourselves up for dissapointment all the while continuing a streak of bad picks. We are improving but we arent there yet. We played 1 good quarter against a quality SEC opponet yet we are beating 3 or 4 teams in the top 10.

Although I agree with you, we actually played nearly three entire good quarters against Auburn before folding. I think the only SEC team we really have shots at are LSU and Mississippi State. But then again, this LSU game isn't the same as they have been. Who knows, maybe we won't play them as well. And maybe we end up playing Missouri better than we should.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

chitwnhog

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 15, 2014, 10:50:49 pm

You keep saying "we" like you are a fan of the Hogs.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Ben on September 15, 2014, 07:05:26 pm
Tamu- i feel we can run the ball well on them, however, they will torch us on defense. If tamu goes up two scores, we may be in a hole given that our run game chews up clock. If defense holds and run game does, we can keep it close.

What you guys think?

Weren't we down two scores at Auburn before the half? We have the capability to make up a two score deficit.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Ben on September 15, 2014, 07:05:26 pm
.........Ole Miss- everyone is sleeping on them. I dont see a win from this game unless Bo knows interceptions or if theres injury on the defensive side. They have the best defense in the SEC. Very talented and physical. ......

Their D.C. used to be at Arkansas... Another one of Nutt's staff that Nutt ruthlessly shafted.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jlhogfan

Good post, and I guess if we keep saying "Bama is overrated" and "we are going to keep it close" one of these years it has to come true. 

alwaysnextyear

Ole Miss D isn't a great matchup for us. They are poorly coached though so who knows. aTm has so many weapons its hard for me to imagine us getting enough stops. Even with Noil out. We should be able to move the ball on them even through the air. Their secondary is awful especially against double moves.

Ben

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 16, 2014, 05:52:37 am
Their D.C. used to be at Arkansas... Another one of Nutt's staff that Nutt ruthlessly shafted.........
Freakn terrible

hellwonthaveme

I think we beat Bama. Just got a feeling.

PRJ

Ben

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 16, 2014, 04:56:56 am
Weren't we down two scores at Auburn before the half? We have the capability to make up a two score deficit.
but being down two scores bs a high powered offense  can cripple arkansas. Esp in the 2nd half. They cant take 7 mins on each drive like tech or they will lose.

Ben

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 16, 2014, 03:05:18 pm
I think we beat Bama. Just got a feeling.

PRJ
Its something about bama this year, us gettn better, and the 1964 game being vs the team who claims they were the predominant champion of that same year that i feel will make this like the Scar game in 2010. Bama is rebuilding.