Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Wake-Up Call: Rebels try to pull together

Started by jbcarol, October 26, 2016, 10:33:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ole Miss Wake-Up Call: Something negative may be going on behind the scenes

QuoteESPN college football analyst Tom Luginbill, who covered the Ole Miss-Georgia game for ESPN. Luginbill told Paul Finebaum the Rebels must have a problem in the locker room, because the Rebels are too talented to be losing the way they have in recent weeks.

"On the day I saw Ole Miss, when they dismantled Georgia, that was not a 3-4 team on the field," Luginbill said on the Paul Finebaum Show. "Athletically, I see what I see, which leads me to believe how good of a team this is in the locker room. Their leadership, their personalities. How invested are they in the program instead of their individual well-being?

"There's something wrong with that locker room dynamic. The talent level should not be performing to the level that it is."

Most Ole Miss fans, who expected something far greater than 3-4, would probably agree with Luginbill's assessment.

Evan Engram told the Ole Miss Spirit that the team had a frank heart-to-heart Tuesday led by Engram, Chad Kelly and Marquis Haynes, and Engram said he thought it helped.

"We are not down," Engram said. "I think our meeting today aired things out. We are in this thing together and there is no lay down in us."

https://twitter.com/SuduUpadhyay/status/791073227225243648
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net