Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Sends 15 Letters to Recruit's GF

Started by CheapShotArtist, April 14, 2015, 07:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWild7886

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 15, 2015, 05:22:50 pm
Dude probably got snubbed at some event and has been grinding an ax ever since. Either that or he's some Yank who can't stand the fact that lil ol' backwater Ar-Kansas is getting national attention.

I wouldn't worry about it. Time will show him the error of his ways.

Bomani Jones, sounds like he's smoking the ganja his entire show.

Tusks

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 15, 2015, 04:46:02 pm
Well just remember that particular guy's opinions are just like the old observation about anyone else's...you know: they're like a..holes; everyone has one and they all stink.

I know but its espn radio, if it was podunk bama I would care less, but espn has a long reach.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HappyHogFan

15 letters to the g/f is inappropriate. If Bama did that , we would all be calling Satan a creeper

Svrdhd

15 notes is about 12 too many, it was excessive enough to be reported about.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

factchecker

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 15, 2015, 05:59:09 pm
15 letters to the g/f is inappropriate. If Bama did that , we would all be calling Satan a creeper

You mean like Saban offering Landon Collins girlfriend a job?????????????????
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/five-star-recruit-landon-collins-mom-alleges-nick-saban-promised-job-to-recruits-girlfriend-013012

Besides, it wasn't Bielema sending ALL the letters.  Each staff member thanked her for supporting her boyfriend.  Nothing more, nothing less.  She confirmed it via twitter. 

I am happy with Bielema and his recruiting. I guess some of you would be happy getting commitments from these fine upstanding men: 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/louisville-signee-arrested-after-allegedly-impregnating-his-14-year-old-cousin/

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25041205/alabama-louisville-take-risks-on-recruits-arrested-for-abusing-women

I know. I know. 21-5!  Well except Petrino was 13-12 his first two seasons.  Keep on pluggin along Jessica!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: factchecker on April 15, 2015, 06:17:39 pm
You mean like Saban offering Landon Collins girlfriend a job?????????????????
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/five-star-recruit-landon-collins-mom-alleges-nick-saban-promised-job-to-recruits-girlfriend-013012

Besides, it wasn't Bielema sending ALL the letters.  Each staff member thanked her for supporting her boyfriend.  Nothing more, nothing less.  She confirmed it via twitter. 

I am happy with Bielema and his recruiting. I guess some of you would be happy getting commitments from these fine upstanding men: 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/louisville-signee-arrested-after-allegedly-impregnating-his-14-year-old-cousin/

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25041205/alabama-louisville-take-risks-on-recruits-arrested-for-abusing-women

I know. I know. 21-5!  Well except Petrino was 13-12 his first two seasons.  Keep on pluggin along Jessica!
Best post of the thread.

+1

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

She has been with him on every visit he has taken. I believe she will be going to college wherever he goes. She is gonna be a decision maker in his recruiting if she is willing to follow him on his recruiting trail

ricepig

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on April 16, 2015, 09:50:23 am
She has been with him on every visit he has taken. I believe she will be going to college wherever he goes. She is gonna be a decision maker in his recruiting if she is willing to follow him on his recruiting trail

Well, she's a year older and is supposedly enrolled at LSU for this fall, should we quit recruiting him?

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2015, 09:59:51 am
Well, she's a year older and is supposedly enrolled at LSU for this fall, should we quit recruiting him?

has he or is he going to be offered by LSU? 

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 16, 2015, 10:03:14 am
has he or is he going to be offered by LSU? 

Don't have any idea on who they've offered.

Shorttimer

I guess it's the visual of all the letters lying on the table that is causing some to have an issue.  If every staff member had sent her a text or email thanking her for her visit, this would be a non-issue.  Write it on an actual piece of paper though and suddenly the coaches are crossing the line.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Huckleberry Pig

We could try sending weird snapchats to her instead of classy, hand-written letters....

/sarcasm

factchecker

He has not been offered by LSU as of today.  Louisiana is really stacked with defensive talent in this recruiting class.  Caleb is currently a 3 * but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't ranked higher later.  He will probably earn a late offer by LSU depending on who they land.  Here is his highlight via HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2620596/highlights/163729376/v2

Idiotic media (Bomani?) were thinking this was an attempt to get the girlfriend to use her influence to sway him to Arkansas.  It was, in actuality, the complete opposite.  From what I understand Caleb is trying to get her to like Arkansas. She is from Louisiana, attending LSU (or will be) and mostly likely a tigger fan.  Probably safe to say deep down she hates or strongly dislikes Arkansas.  He visits here and loves it but realizes she will need to be won over.

Most coaches would have tried a different approach. They would have pulled him aside and said, "Listen son, high school relationships don't last.  We have girls all over campus that will make you forget your lil lady.  Come to the university of --- and you'll be big man on campus.  Here let me introduce you to Jessica.  She is the two time Ms. Harley bikini competition winner on campus."  -or-  The coach would have offered the recruits girlfriend a job.  Either of those situations could and would most likely backfire.

Whether or not the relationship will last does not matter.  What matters is Caleb cares for this young lady enough to bring her on all of his recruiting visits.  It doesn't hurt to thank her for her support and for accompanying him on the trip.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

31to6

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2015, 02:05:48 pm
He has not been offered by LSU as of today. Louisiana is really stacked with defensive talent in this recruiting class.  Caleb is currently a 3 * but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't ranked higher later.
The 2016 class in Louisiana is even more stacked than normal.

5 5*s. (out of only 33 nationwide).

4* Hog commit Briston Guidry, with offers from the entire SEC-W, is the 4th-ranked DT in their class.

This is a great year for us to be recruiting that state hard.

Choctaw Hog

April 17, 2015, 07:08:29 am #65 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:30:03 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 15, 2015, 05:59:09 pm

Do you know the contents of the letters?  If not then you are just ignorant and that can be corrected.  If you do know then..............well, you are beyond hope.   

Steef

If she's participating in the visits, she's participating in the process. At that point, sending her letters, tells her that her opinion matters to the coaches.

It's not creepy. It's courteous.

Creepy...is Tennessee sending its coeds on recruiting visits to out of State high schools.

Creepy...is Auburn paying its coeds thousands of dollars apiece to 'hostess' recruits.

Creepy...is Mizzoo giving DGB's girlfriend a schollie. (in fairness, they did do the right thing when they kicked him to the curb...so that offsets some 'creepy')

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HappyHogFan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 17, 2015, 10:34:02 am
I wonder what her dad thinks of it?

That's my point. These goobers can try to justify it all they want, but 15 letters from a college coaching staff to a high school coed is creepy.

They should have sent ONE letter, and let each coach sign it if they wanted.

Also, to the guy above. 15 texts to the girl would have been creepy as well.

Just because Arkansas did it, doesn't make it appropriate.

Also, believing that it is inappropriate doesn't mean a person isn't a fan of Coach's.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 11:07:19 am
That's my point. These goobers can try to justify it all they want, but 15 letters from a college coaching staff to a high school coed is creepy.

Also, believing that it is inappropriate doesn't mean a person isn't a fan of Coach's.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and it definitely doesn't mean you aren't a fan of the coaches.  I just disagree.  Considering this is the first time we've done this, I bet they had a pretty good idea how it'd go over.  And it went over well.  She loved it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Choctaw Hog

April 18, 2015, 08:48:52 am #70 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:52:30 am by Choctaw Hog

HappyHogFan, only a perverted person would think that that innocent letters sent to a person the coaches met, probably thanking her for her time, wishing her well, etc., is creepy.

And, when you become the Head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks you can have the coaches send letters however you want.  Until then, control your perverted, creepy thoughts, and most certainly don't act on them.  But, most importantly give no more advice on subjects you obviously know nothing about.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 18, 2015, 08:48:52 am
HappyHogFan, only a pervert person would think that that innocent letters sent to a person the coaches met, probably thanking her for her time, wishing her well, etc., is creepy.

And, when you become the Head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks you can have the coaches send letters however you want.  Until then, control your perverted, creepy thoughts, and most certainly don't act on them.  But, most importantly give no more advice on subjects you obviously know nothing about.

No one said anything about perversion until YOU brought it up. Creepy =/= perverted. Why you went there is anyone's guess.

If you are telling me you would be comfortable with 15 grown men sending letters to your daughter b/c she is dating a football player they are recruiting, I will say that either A) you're lying or B) you have no daughters.

And frankly, what the girl felt about it is irrelevant. she might also enjoy them all taking her to steak dinners every night, that wouldn't make it appropriate..

That being said, this is a one time incident, no one is freaking out about it, however, when a thread is started on a message board and your response is to call those who disagree with you perverts and suggest that their opinion is less valid than your own I would suggest that you have no business being on a message board to begin with.

870hogfan

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 18, 2015, 09:29:27 am
No one said anything about perversion until YOU brought it up. Creepy =/= perverted. Why you went there is anyone's guess.

If you are telling me you would be comfortable with 15 grown men sending letters to your daughter b/c she is dating a football player they are recruiting, I will say that either A) you're lying or B) you have no daughters.

And frankly, what the girl felt about it is irrelevant. she might also enjoy them all taking her to steak dinners every night, that wouldn't make it appropriate..

That being said, this is a one time incident, no one is freaking out about it, however, when a thread is started on a message board and your response is to call those who disagree with you perverts and suggest that their opinion is less valid than your own I would suggest that you have no business being on a message board to begin with.

You're the only one making a huge deal out of it. It's not that big of deal.

lefty08

Im siding with Choctaw on this one

there is absolutely nothing creepy about thank you letters

What kind of messed up mind do you have to have to think there is.

Ive got a daughter and never in my life will i mutter the word "How dare those men thank my daughter for her appearance at an event with her boyfriend. The nerve!"

I think its a little more creepy that you would have a problem with it, in fact
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BearsBisonsBoars

You people have obviously never been involved in recruiting. This type of thing is really not uncommon at all.

Pun unintended.

nationwish

The fact that it is grown men sending her letters shouldn't necessarily matter to everyone. Men matter to the development of girls, also, not just women. If you want to be philosophical about it, a healthy person needs to have an understanding of both masculine and feminine, and going too far to either side leads to an imbalance in life.

If you have a problem with men writing letters of encouragement, admiration, or advice to teenage girls with no implication of anything else by anyone, how do you get through life in this society? You seem like you'd be supporting segregated schools with only female staff for girls. What about when they go into the workforce and the company puts them into a mentoring program? Should they only be allowed to learn from a woman? It's a different world than that.

Sivad