Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Sends 15 Letters to Recruit's GF

Started by CheapShotArtist, April 14, 2015, 07:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapShotArtist

Coach B pulling out all the stops!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/arkansas-sends-15-letters-to-the-girlfriend-of-a-football-recruit

QuoteThe abuse of the postal service when it comes to college recruiting has long been out of control. Top football programs routinely send recruits dozens and dozens of letters at a time (Notre Dame is famous for its 477-letter "Pot of Gold"). The Arkansas Razorbacks are taking things a step further by spamming the mailbox of defensive end Caleb Roddy's girlfriend.

jb11

Colleges helping the postal service stay afloat.

Ā 

Marshfieldhog

Hawghiggs

Maybe we should send a guy in a trench coat to follow her around.

JackJohnson

Nice!

Here is to hoping we send a few hundy to the girlfriends of some of our top OT and RB recruits this year

z1on

Peter Porker

Quote from: z1on on April 15, 2015, 12:53:48 am
Sorry, but that is kind of weird.

Of course you'd say that, but if it were Mike Anderson you'd love it. Your post history about Bielema invalidates your opinion about how Bielema and staff recruit.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hoglady

Matt Jones was talking about that yesterday.
He's not a fan of the idea. Says many times a player doesn't want his girlfriend coming with him to college. That and the fact that many guys change high school girlfriends on a regular basis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PaintballHog

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 14, 2015, 11:24:06 pm
Nice!

Here is to hoping we send a few hundy to the girlfriends of some of our top OT and RB recruits this year

+1

Peter Porker

She came with him on the visit and the letters were just thanking her for her supporting her boyfriend. They aren't asking her to attend Arkansas.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

navyhog24

Quote from: hoglady on April 15, 2015, 06:44:34 am
He's not a fan of the idea. Says many times a player doesn't want his girlfriend coming with him to college. That and the fact that many guys change high school girlfriends on a regular basis.

If he saw Roddy's girlfriend, he wouldn't be saying that. ;)

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 15, 2015, 07:51:37 am
If he saw Roddy's girlfriend, he wouldn't be saying that. ;)

With her height, and IF they marry, the legacy players from that union will be LB's and not DE's... LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

Reservoir Hogs

Is this the kid who was trying to convince his GF to come to the hill?
Read an article recently where she was planning on going to LSU but he loved his visit and was trying to convince her to come here...

mizzouman

This kind of recruiting has been done several times by several schools with good and bad results.  You've got to be careful about this kind of stuff.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on April 15, 2015, 06:44:34 am

I think the player is who gave them her address. 

Wildhog

He's taken her on most (if not all) of his visits.  She's been more involved than most, as far as I can tell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on April 15, 2015, 09:23:17 am
He's taken her on most (if not all) of his visits.  She's been more involved than most, as far as I can tell.

Yep, if Auburn was on him, she'd already be on the payroll.

Nosboar Accubond

Got blown up... she came with him on his visit, he gave them her address, they sent her letters thanking her for supporting him (i.e. the visit) during his process...

Gotta say I didn't like it when I first heard it, until I got a better understanding of the situation.

BearsBisonsBoars

From looking at the picture, whoever didn't use the Running Razorback stationery is gonna get a talkin' to! :razorback:

Hogarusa

Yes, high school relationships generally last FOREVER!!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

wholehog92

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 15, 2015, 03:49:48 pm

Roll the sarcasm meter in.  The letters were simple thank you notes for her visit.  It's what polite people do.  She accompanied the young man on the visit.  Parents and siblings of recruits that attend the visit also get thank you letters.  Stupid unresearched article is stupid.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Ā 

presidenthog

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 15, 2015, 03:49:48 pm
Lol that's funny. Look everyone knows them 2 probably won't make it forever but right now they think they will so it's kinda important to get them to come even tho they will probably break up by the first semester final.

Hogsmo Kramer

Hmmm, honestly not sure how I feel about this one.....
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Shorttimer

I'm sure the coaches use a good bit of discretion in deciding when to involve a girlfriend in the recruiting process.  They've been together for a while, she has gone with him on multiple trips, and is planning to go to LSU . . . all factors that validate the decision to show her some love.

I doubt every girlfriend gets that treatment.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 03:56:02 pm
Hmmm, honestly not sure how I feel about this one.....

I'm sure Emily Post is concerned about your feelings......

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2015, 03:59:36 pm
I'm sure Emily Post is concerned about your feelings......

I'm posting on a message board about something hog related and giving my opinion on THIS site not to her directly (assuming that's the young woman who was sent the letters).

Regardless I didn't say I was for or against it, but if you've got a problem with my post I'd be happy to give you my feelings about where you can stick it.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Shorttimer on April 15, 2015, 03:56:19 pm
I'm sure the coaches use a good bit of discretion in deciding when to involve a girlfriend in the recruiting process.  They've been together for a while, she has gone with him on multiple trips, and is planning to go to LSU . . . all factors that validate the decision to show her some love.

I doubt every girlfriend gets that treatment.

As I understand it, it's more about the fact that she came with him on the visit. Apparently all members of a player's entourage get "thank you" letters.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:04:42 pm
I'm posting on a message board about something hog related and giving my opinion on THIS site not to her directly (assuming that's the young woman who was sent the letters).

Regardless I didn't say I was for or against it, but if you've got a problem with my post I'd be happy to give you my feelings about where you can stick it.

I didn't think you knew what good manners were, let Emily Post show you.

http://www.emilypost.com/

Wildhog

She's gone on his visits with him.  He's made her a part of the process.  It's not as weird as it sounds. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on April 15, 2015, 04:12:59 pm
She's gone on his visits with him.  He's made her a part of the process.  It's not as weird as it sounds. 

Correct, how many times have you seen a girlfriend in a uniform with a recruit? I'm not sure I've ever seen it, I don't remember too many times seeing a family member.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2015, 04:10:54 pm

I didn't think you knew what good manners were, let Emily Post show you.

http://www.emilypost.com/

I'm not even sure how to respond to your idiocy.

On second thought not worth my time so go troll someone else. 

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Wildhog on April 15, 2015, 04:12:59 pm

I get that but why send 15 letters?

One wouldn't suffice?

I have faith in our coaches truly so I think there's gotta be more to it and the recruit was likely in on it too which is completely different.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:19:43 pm
I'm not even sure how to respond to your idiocy.

On second thought not worth my time so go troll someone else. 

You don't know how to respond to our staff showing good manners by thanking the young lady for coming by?

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2015, 04:22:57 pm
You don't know how to respond to our staff showing good manners by thanking the young lady for coming by?

Obviously Emily Post didn't help you learn to read.

I have no problem with one well written letter thanking her for her visit, but 15 seems a bit much.

Edit: I was referring to your idiotic reference to Emily Post in my post fyi.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:25:51 pm

I have no problem with one well written letter thanking her for her visit, but 15 seems a bit much.

You didn't know who Emily Post was, lol, you thought it was the young lady??..??
Anyway, I guess 15 different people on the staff wanted to personally thank her.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:22:44 pm

One wouldn't suffice?

I have faith in our coaches truly so I think there's gotta be more to it and the recruit was likely in on it too which is completely different.
Probably one from each member of the staff she met.

Personalized touches are important, after all.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:22:44 pm

One wouldn't suffice?

It's like when we (and most other schools) send numerous letters to a recruit.  She responded well to it.  I wouldn't worry about it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 15, 2015, 04:33:47 pm
Probably one from each member of the staff she met.

Personalized touches are important, after all.

That makes sense.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on April 15, 2015, 04:25:51 pm

Perhaps BearsBisonBoar's comments might explain the situation. Sounds reasonable anyway.

BearsBisonsBoars

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2015, 04:33:40 pm
You didn't know who Emily Post was, lol, you thought it was the young lady??..??
Anyway, I guess 15 different people on the staff wanted to personally thank her.

Nope didn't know oh the horror.  ::)

My work experience hasn't been in business or etiquette it's in law enforcement dealing with people and situations that would likely make you piss your pants.

Oh well, you've got a sharp little tongue there though, doubt you'd be so sharp with it in real life whatcha think?

No need to respond I know the answer.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 15, 2015, 04:36:38 pm
No obscure references to etiquette-mongers required ;)

Exactly and I appreciate that.

Some posters on here sure take liberty with their mouths behind the safety of their keyboards and it annoys the crap outta me.

+1 to you.

Tusks

The hogs were getting ripped on ESPN radio last night.  Some dude was on it for a half hour.  Said the best the hogs can do is 8-4......ever.  Road the horse to death about it.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tusked on April 15, 2015, 04:43:37 pm
The hogs were getting ripped on ESPN radio last night.  Some dude was on it for a half hour.  Said the best the hogs can do is 8-4......ever.  Road the horse to death about it.
Well just remember that particular guy's opinions are just like the old observation about anyone else's...you know: they're like a..holes; everyone has one and they all stink.

BigSexyHog

The freak out factor is out of control the last few days.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BearsBisonsBoars

Dude probably got snubbed at some event and has been grinding an ax ever since. Either that or he's some Yank who can't stand the fact that lil ol' backwater Ar-Kansas is getting national attention.

I wouldn't worry about it. Time will show him the error of his ways.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Probably a Longhorn fan, that's still in shock over the bowl game.  Doesn't help him much... that the current battle between Okla St. & Texas over the assistant coach, is bringing up some embarrassing news for Texas.  Their head coach doesn't seem to know who is actually calling most of their offensive plays.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.