Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Lewis 2016 Basketball Offer

Started by Thepigdoctor, April 14, 2015, 11:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

ESPN now includes us as having offered 2016 PF Chris Lewis out of Alpharetta, GA. Four star, with a grade of 85, as the 43rd ranked player in the ESPN60.

6'8 235 lbs, listed as a true low post PF. Strengths are interior defense using his size, shot blocking, and finishing around the rim. Weaknesses are face up moves, range, and ball handling.

He committed to Harvard 1/2015.

He's just been added to our offer list, so it appears the staff is making a push despite his commitment.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/164217/chris-lewis

Has anyone seen when he was offered or can we confirm ESPN is correct in this listing?

Thepigdoctor

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/chris-lewis-pf-2016

More info.

I don't see us listed on 247 or Rivals as having offered.

Richard, you got anything here? Brand new offer?

RazorPiggie

If he committed to Harvard that early I'd say we have no shot. He's going for the education and basketball is just a plus.

East TN HAWG

I have personally seen this kid play last year in the Arby's classic in Bristol TN.  The kid was athletic.  He ran well in transition for a big guy. 

He did appear to not have much of a jump shot, and did most of his scoring by utilizing his height advantage.

He is not the type of player that would make most on this board excited.  This kid will be a four year project.  That Milton team had a guard that was impressive.  He over shadowed the Lewis kid. 

whosiskid

Yeah, unless you are a lock to have an NBA career or if you know you want to coach, Harvard or Yale is just a no brainer. The only other scenario would be if you wanted to go to an elite liberal arts college like Williams or Oberlin or Wesleyan. You can get as good an education there as Harvard or Yale but have a small college atmosphere while having just as good a shot at a top grad school (I read that Oberlin had the largest percentage of its graduating class going to grad school than any other school in the 20th century).

If I thought the Hogs were really on him, I'd go see him play. I live in Sandy Springs, which is 10 miles south of Alpharetta, and I work in Alpharetta. I've noticed that we have really been working harder in recruiting Georgia in the two years I've been here. So far it hasn't paid off like recruiting in Florida, but tomorrow is another day.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson