Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 14, 2015, 12:18:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

Ready for Mr. Kapita to become a Hog...and hoping he joins Bobby & Michael.

Sophomore linebacker Levi Draper, 6-3, 230, 4.60 of Collinsville, Okla.
An electronic time of 11.07 in the 100 meters is very impressive for 1. A sophomore  2. 6'3" and 230 lbs.

" GO HOGS "

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 14, 2015, 06:49:49 am
Ready for Mr. Kapita to become a Hog...and hoping he joins Bobby & Michael.

Sophomore linebacker Levi Draper, 6-3, 230, 4.60 of Collinsville, Okla.
An electronic time of 11.07 in the 100 meters is very impressive for 1. A sophomore  2. 6'3" and 230 lbs.

" GO HOGS "

He didn't run an 11.08. He ran an 11.82. 11.08 won the prelims at the Catoosa meet.

http://www.ohstrack.com/outdoorresults15.asp

With that said, an 11.82 is very impressive for a 230 lb sophomore.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

nwahogfan1

How is Kapita hip or back problem?  Is it over?  Will it be forever lingering thing?  I want this kid but I hope we have a good back up plan.  Backs are very, very tricky and hard to treat. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 14, 2015, 07:47:58 am
How is Kapita hip or back problem?  Is it over?  Will it be forever lingering thing?  I want this kid but I hope we have a good back up plan.  Backs are very, very tricky and hard to treat. 

He still looked gimpy during his Prep School games last weekend. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 07:40:23 am
He didn't run an 11.08. He ran an 11.82. 11.08 won the prelims at the Catoosa meet.

That's all messed up. They don't have all of his times in there. Like I said before those sites are hit and miss.
More miss than hit.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 14, 2015, 09:57:37 am
That's all messed up. They don't have all of his times in there. Like I said before those sites are hit and miss.
More miss than hit.

That's the Oklahoma Track Coaches Association website. It's more believable that a 230 lb sophomore runs an 11.82 than an 11.08. Look at McTelvin Agim's latest time

http://www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/4466265.html

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 10:10:28 am
That's the Oklahoma Track Coaches Association website. It's more believable that a 230 lb sophomore runs an 11.82 than an 11.08. Look at McTelvin Agim's latest time

http://www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/4466265.html

I've had a lot of experience with these sites and it's gotten to the point I don't look at them. I've seen where times were reported in print or online and they're never reported on the sites. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 14, 2015, 10:37:12 am
I've had a lot of experience with these sites and it's gotten to the point I don't look at them. I've seen where times were reported in print or online and they're never reported on the sites. 

We appreciate it, anyway, Richard.  You've really been bringing it for a while now.  Keep up the good work.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Peter Porker

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 14, 2015, 10:37:12 am

An 11.07 would make him the 7th fastest kid in Arkansas. He would be faster than Hammonds and as fast as Thomas out of Northside.

11.82 is plenty fast for a 230 lb sophomore  linebacker.

Peter Porker

http://youtu.be/kuLQCth6H0U

Here's a list of the fastest 100m times in high school history (world, not just USA). These are the most elite of the elite. The 10.4s, 10.5s, 10.6s reported constantly are elite, if factual. The state record in Arkansas is 10.52 f.a.t. by Fred Rose of Texarkana a few years ago. The all-time record is 10.3 handheld by Melvin Lewis in 1986.

hawgsmellgud

Why are you always arguing with RD about times? He just said it all messed up. Didn't say he ran faster, just said it was messed up. Could have ran a 15.09 could have ran a 9.3.....

Im just kidding I don't want to see 12 posts about track times. I know he didn't run anything close to either.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

RazorPiggie

Here we go again with the level 2 track coach complaining about times. NO ONE CARES!

Richard brings FAR more in the Recruiting Forum than you do. Stop arguing with him about times he gets from coaches or players. He just putting what he is told. If you want to argue with someone why don't you contact the coach or the player and tell them they aren't that fast.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 14, 2015, 11:18:38 am
Here we go again with the level 2 track coach complaining about times. NO ONE CARES!

Richard brings FAR more in the Recruiting Forum than you do. Stop arguing with him about times he gets from coaches or players. He just putting what he is told.

Second post in this thread is why.

Yes, Richard does bring FAR more than I do. That's not even debatable, hasn't ever crossed my mind. I appreciate his free information as well. I believe we all would like it to be accurate. Otherwise, just list everyone the same height, weight, and speed.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 11:23:22 am
Second post in this thread is why.

Yes, Richard does bring FAR more than I do. That's not even debatable, hasn't ever crossed my mind. I appreciate his free information as well. I believe we all would like it to be accurate. Otherwise, just list everyone the same height, weight, and speed.

Doesn't really matter until they get on the field. I don't care what some kids 40 time is as long as he has high football IQ and can tackle.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 14, 2015, 11:27:45 am
Doesn't really matter until they get on the field. I don't care what some kids 40 time is as long as he has high football IQ and can tackle.

Doesn't matter to you, but it does matter to others. I'm not trying to attack Richard. I have no issue with Richard personally. I only have an issue with the track times posted.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 11:44:38 am
Doesn't matter to you, but it does matter to others. I'm not trying to attack Richard. I have no issue with Richard personally. I only have an issue with the track times posted.

When the kids say they ran a F.A.T. time and it isn't found, then you might have a legitimate gripe, otherwise, put it in the 40 times department.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 07:40:23 am

Good research. Thanks for clearing that up...and yes, 11.82 will still get it done.

" GO HOGS "

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 14, 2015, 12:48:26 pm
Good research. Thanks for clearing that up...and yes, 11.82 will still get it done.

" GO HOGS "

Thanks. You're welcome. The website I listed is used by Collinsville High School to post their results. I don't know why they would use a site that is so messed up.

PaintballHog

Accuracy should never be discouraged. It helps everybody.

Peter Porker

TJ Hammonds ran 11.37 f.a.t. last night at the LRSD Invitational. He finished 2nd to Romar Reades of Pine Bluff who finished in 11.30.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 14, 2015, 11:44:38 am

If so, unstrap the saddle you have attached to Richard's reporting and step back.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Peter Porker

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 16, 2015, 12:06:39 am
If so, unstrap the saddle you have attached to Richard's reporting and step back.

Late post. Check Wednesday's bits.