Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daryl Macon update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 01, 2015, 12:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Looking forward to seeing Durham next season after the typical JUCO adjustment year.  We'll likely be pulling our hair out wishing he could stay after next season.  That's how it always seems to work.

jcarney12747

Quote from: lefty08 on April 08, 2015, 09:58:00 pm
I think Durham is a much better passer and shooter at this stage, and I expect a huge jump his senior year

Relax, I'm not saying beard sucks at all
Laughable.

Beard is the better scorer, by far. Better defender. I can't think of anything Durham does better than Anton. Maybe free throws.

-Blu

Quote from: jcarney12747 on April 10, 2015, 10:29:18 am
Laughable.

Beard is the better scorer, by far. Better defender. I can't think of anything Durham does better than Anton. Maybe free throws.

Durham is a better ball handler and distributor.  And I would say defender is debatable.  Beard takes a lot of gambles (Hence being in foul trouble most of the time) and usually gets his steals on traps, so his steal totals are going to surpass Durhams, but I would argue Durham is actually a better on ball defender, he has quicker feet and usually in better position IMO.

But, as you said Beard is the better scorer, and he's the better overall prospect with more upside. I except both to have productive off-seasons.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on April 10, 2015, 07:09:41 pm
Durham is a better ball handler and distributor.  And I would say defender is debatable.  Beard takes a lot of gambles (Hence being in foul trouble most of the time) and usually gets his steals on traps, so his steal totals are going to surpass Durhams, but I would argue Durham is actually a better on ball defender, he has quicker feet and usually in better position IMO.

But, as you said Beard is the better scorer, and he's the better overall prospect with more upside. I except both to have productive off-seasons.

lefty08

Quote from: -Blu on April 10, 2015, 07:09:41 pm

I knew I'd get beat up by my comments, but I stand by them. I think Durham is a more complete player at this stage. He is a better shooter in my mind, scorer is debatable. And before anybody comments, they aren't the same thing
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged