Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Louisiana class...

Started by GalaHawg, February 12, 2015, 09:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

is loaded...

1 - 5 star; 20 4 stars according to 24/7.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=True&Player.Hometown.State.Key=4&Recruitment.Enabled=False

Of these...  5 are WRs and 5 are DTs... LSU cannot take them all. Let's hope we can steal some of these WRs and DTs in addition to a RB and maybe an OL.

Also, LSU having 5 4* DTs in their backyard is probably a good sign for us to get Austin Capps.

nwahogfan1

Wow, what a haul for such a small state.  I know La. turns out a lot of good football players but isn't this a bigger class of 4 and 5 stars than normal?

Hopefully we slip down there and sign 4 or 5 of these kids.

redeye

I think that link uses 247's own ranking.  Their composite lists 4 5* and 17 4* players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=LA

Other years using the composite:

2016 - 4 5*, 17 4* players
2015 - 1 5*, 12 4*
2014 - 4 5*, 12 4*
2013 - 0 5*, 12 4*
2012 - 1 5*, 11 4*

It does look like Louisiana is loaded this year.  Good catch!

GalaHawg

Louisiana is going to be huge for the Hogs this year... There are a lot of kids on that list with whom the Hogs have a real shot. Hopefully, Roddy is next.

CattleCorn

IBleedRazorbackRed

We have a really good shot at Roddy, White, and Graham. Hopefully we can make a good impression on Willie Allen and Kristian Fulton too

jackflash

I hope we get at least 5 from La this year. Also think we will have our best year in Texas since BB took over

RAMhawg

Looks like we're hitting Texas and Louisiana a lot harder this year and Florida not so much.  CBB has had issues with several Florida recruits over the past couple of years not quite doing what needs to be done in class and on the field. Guessing they will be a lot more selective in Florida. Looks like we could get 5 or so of the top 25 players in Louisiana, SWEET!! 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: RAMhawg on April 19, 2015, 11:21:58 am
Looks like we're hitting Texas and Louisiana a lot harder this year and Florida not so much.  CBB has had issues with several Florida recruits over the past couple of years not quite doing what needs to be done in class and on the field. Guessing they will be a lot more selective in Florida. Looks like we could get 5 or so of the top 25 players in Louisiana, SWEET!!

I think we will improve in Texas the most and have a 5-6 player haul from there and continues to do well in Louisiana also, CBB has done well in LA and built a solid foundation ..... I bet we still take 3-4 players from FLA... he's worked to hard there to not continue.....