Win/Loss Predictions '06 Season

Started by dmobers, December 09, 2005, 01:38:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maxsl8er

Quote from: ConwayHog on December 09, 2005, 03:44:28 pm
Quote from: maxsl8er on December 09, 2005, 01:41:53 pm
Worst. Post. Evar.

Worst. Spelling. Ever.

Don't spend too much time away from this board do ya? I was joking. Get it? Anyway not trying to start a fight. So dmobers has a solid(unnamed) source? I gotta know who it is. Mrs. Cleo? Dionne Warwick's friends?

hogfan13

With Mustain 10-1

Without Mustain-4-7

Golfer

Quote from: dmobers on December 09, 2005, 01:38:44 pm
I have it from a solid (unnamed) source that the hogs will win 7 games next season. Can anyone verify this?

Do you have a link?  And will you name your sources?  ;D

razorbret69

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2005, 08:35:27 pm
Quote from: razorbret69 on December 10, 2005, 08:31:50 pm
Quote from: othermac on December 09, 2005, 04:28:43 pm
Quote from: razorbret69 on December 09, 2005, 04:22:28 pm
othermac, it takes more than just a few players to have a good team. I do not dispute the fact that the names you mentioned are good players but you need more. The O line is weak look at them they are soft. I do not blame them I blame the weight program. There have been good player here in the past but where has it taken us. Look at USC Reggie Bush is the best back in the nation. but without a line do you think he would have done what he has so far. USC offense is the total package. And I cant stand USC.

i agree, the oline needs depth, but it can be attained, i mentioned on another post, the outland trophy winner last night was a walkon, a kid does not have to be a highly regarded recruit to be good.
that is true. but I think they need workout harder. I was at the basketball game friday against Mo. some o the o line was there and they need to get into the wiehgt room. Then the wins would start. Could you imagine a strong O line with the Backs we have now.

Mike I reported last night that gus actually favors LEANER quicker linemen that can get downfield and block.
Leaner is good but they need more muscle. The guys they have now are soft. Being a former college O lineman myself there was nothing I hated worse than having a quick strong d line coming at you. I do not oppose leaner and quick all I am saying is they need to be strong. I no personally that they do not have very many guys that can bench over 400. That kind of bench press is common at alot of your schools and I know bench is not everything but it helps. I would like to see the total package for our line.

Hawg414

Quote from: razorbret69 on December 11, 2005, 10:13:11 am
Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2005, 08:35:27 pm
Quote from: razorbret69 on December 10, 2005, 08:31:50 pm
Quote from: othermac on December 09, 2005, 04:28:43 pm
Quote from: razorbret69 on December 09, 2005, 04:22:28 pm
othermac, it takes more than just a few players to have a good team. I do not dispute the fact that the names you mentioned are good players but you need more. The O line is weak look at them they are soft. I do not blame them I blame the weight program. There have been good player here in the past but where has it taken us. Look at USC Reggie Bush is the best back in the nation. but without a line do you think he would have done what he has so far. USC offense is the total package. And I cant stand USC.

i agree, the oline needs depth, but it can be attained, i mentioned on another post, the outland trophy winner last night was a walkon, a kid does not have to be a highly regarded recruit to be good.
that is true. but I think they need workout harder. I was at the basketball game friday against Mo. some o the o line was there and they need to get into the wiehgt room. Then the wins would start. Could you imagine a strong O line with the Backs we have now.

Mike I reported last night that gus actually favors LEANER quicker linemen that can get downfield and block.
Leaner is good but they need more muscle. The guys they have now are soft. Being a former college O lineman myself there was nothing I hated worse than having a quick strong d line coming at you. I do not oppose leaner and quick all I am saying is they need to be strong. I no personally that they do not have very many guys that can bench over 400. That kind of bench press is common at alot of your schools and I know bench is not everything but it helps. I would like to see the total package for our line.

can you coach pass-blocking?  have you sent nutt your resume??

razorbret69

LOL. I believe they will get it will just take time. I see that new weight room every day and you can count on one hand the players in there working out. I talked to the strength coach the other day and he says they are working on some changes.

Adam Stokes

8-4  The offense will take a while to get into rhythm like the defense was this year. 

CiriusPorker

10 wins....LSU will NOT be a loss
...but i'd go so far as to say, SO. Cal could be the ONLY loss next year...

ban0099

CusefaninAR

Until the SEC Championship Game is played at RRS or War Memorial, the Hogs will never sniff an SEC title with HDN at the helm. 

asu47

The solo win for the season will come against whatever D1AA team the gutless A.D. schedules. and that 1 win will be a nail bitter for you swine idiots.

wiseoldhog

Guys can we at least give casey the benefit of the doubt the kid has skills let him show us what he can do it would be great to have MM also but at least give Casey a chance.

Hawg414

Quote from: asu47 on December 11, 2005, 02:56:52 pm
The solo win for the season will come against whatever D1AA team the gutless A.D. schedules. and that 1 win will be a nail bitter for you swine idiots.

stick around... you are going to be extremely popular in the very near future

asu47

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 11, 2005, 03:34:59 pm

thats ok.... whatever you hillbillies say doesn't mean anything. i know that deep down in your inbread hearts, you don't know any better but to pull for a ** team like the Hogs. I hate it that the state of Arkansas doesn't have a Pro team for you idiots to pull for, then you guys wouldn't be so stuck up the Hogs asses. but since there isn't one, you idiots feel the need to get all decked out like a pig, and go roll around in the mud.

funny thing is, you're the laughing stock of the SEC, and the laughing stock of the surrounding states. I would know b/c i'm not from Arkansas (thankfully).

Hawg414

Quote from: asu47 on December 11, 2005, 03:46:55 pm

thats ok.... whatever you hillbillies say doesn't mean anything. i know that deep down in your inbread hearts, you don't know any better but to pull for a ** team like the Hogs. I hate it that the state of Arkansas doesn't have a Pro team for you idiots to pull for, then you guys wouldn't be so stuck up the Hogs asses. but since there isn't one, you idiots feel the need to get all decked out like a pig, and go roll around in the mud.

funny thing is, you're the laughing stock of the SEC, and the laughing stock of the surrounding states. I would know b/c i'm not from Arkansas (thankfully).

then go be there. 
go to an ASU board. 
is there one?

HatfieldHog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 09, 2005, 02:27:56 pm
If this team goes 6-6 with THAT schedule, not only should the whole staff get canned, but all the players should have their scholarships revoked.

True,  too true!

See ya.
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

HognotinMemphis

The Hogs will NOT see a 10 win season, even in a 12 game season, until Broyles is dead and Nutt is no longer the head coach. Bank it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

USCNOKLAHOMA

Well not being totally objective I think you guys will win about 8 games with the possibility of winning 11. I think we beat you guys since we have you at home and won't have to worry about that 40 mph wind killing our passing game..plus we have a new 6'5 receiver with a 38" vertical to put beside Rice and his 40" vertical. Plus we expect our 2 studs back, who you guys didn't get to see this year! As for LSU I think you guys can win that one unless Miles gets smart and gets Booty out there. This could be your year in the West. Miss teams....no good. Auburn is losing a good many starters including our old rb, Irons. Alabama is losing a ton. LSU is losing a ton. You, well you aren't losing that much which should lead to some wins, especially if you do indeed go to a spread and open up some huge gaps for McFadden. Also I hope you guys use some misdirection and screens because that would help McFadden immensely!

riccoar

No reason they shouldn't win 8 games.  USC could be a winnable game.  Thats alot of offense to replace and payback should be on every players mind.

Sonofahog

8 wins. 

No,  Bozo,  that would be the Mississippi schools.  We are the laughing stock after them.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

maxsl8er

Quote from: asu47 on December 11, 2005, 03:46:55 pm

Nice try. Really looks like you put alot of thought into that one. Trolling is a subtle art that you obviously have not mastered. What did you hope to accomplish with that post? Want to see how many people call you names? Probably not very many. Most people on this board with different oppinons have more class and try to state their case with facts or at least some intelligence. Don't worry, I'm sure with enough hard work and dedication you'll get this trolling thing eventually. I'm not really an Indians fan, but good luck in your bowl game. I like to see any team from Arkansas win. :razorback: Go Hogs!

RockyTop

8-4 surprising,7-5 likely, 6-6 possibile,5-7 within sight. Non-Conference sweep plus wins over Vandy, Ole Miss, Tenn, & Miss. State. Not going to beat S.Cal.,Auburn, S. Carolina,or LSU. Bama is Chance for upset. Very weak schedule might be just what new OC and handcuffed coach needs.