Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Chizik question

Started by checkraiser88, November 25, 2012, 09:00:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Why did Auburn hire him in the first place with a losing record at Iowa State? Thanks..

HF#1

They knew he would recruit the way they wanted him too.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 25, 2012, 09:00:31 pm
Why did Auburn hire him in the first place with a losing record at Iowa State? Thanks..

Same reason Tennessee hired Dooley.  All the bigger names said no.

mrsherm501

I would take chiz as dc in a heartbeat!
But if I were him I'd have a hard time not taking 155 weeks off when I'm getting $48k each of those 155 weeks.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: HogFan#1 on November 25, 2012, 09:01:37 pm
They knew he would recruit the way they wanted him too.

This made me laugh.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

ChicoHog

He was DC there when they went undefeated and also was DC at Texas when they won NC which he parlayed into the Iowa st HC gig. 

SquidBilly

He was willing to go along.  The plan was already made but Lowder and his crew needed to find a coach who was either willing to cooperate or too stupid to grasp what was going on.  In Chizik they found both.  Trooper and Luper were brought in as assistants to execute the Cam Newton part of the plan.  Malzahn was brought in as a good OC but then was used for his connections to Dyer to get him on campus.  Those four did everything they were being instructed to do and all wound up being dirty.  I still don't think Chizik fully grasps everything that went on while he was there, which is perfect for Auburn as it lessens the chance he will ever talk.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: mrsherm501 on November 25, 2012, 09:03:44 pm
I would take chiz as dc in a heartbeat!
But if I were him I'd have a hard time not taking 155 weeks off when I'm getting $48k each of those 155 weeks.

I would take that job in a heartbeat.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

RedSoxFan

Hawg Balling

You only hire a 5-19 coach when ulterior motives are at play.  They hired him because the boosters knew he'd play ball.   

razorsharptusk

Wasn't he Auburn's DC for a while under Tommy T. when Petrino was the OC?
GO HOGS!!

popcornhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 25, 2012, 09:00:31 pm

Because of the success he had as DC at AU.

I thought it was stupid too, he had two years at ISU and never got it headed in the right direction.

Of course he won a NC at AU, so who knows? Granted, they had Scamm -- possibly the best college football player ever.

He'll resurface somewhere, probably outside of the SEC. Although I could see Vandy hiring him if Franklin gets snatched up.
WPS