Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How?

Started by Sho Nuff, November 04, 2017, 05:07:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

Seriously, how are we this bad?!?!?  I know we don't have the level of talent that some of the upper tier SEC schools have.  However, we have WAY more talent than Coastal.  We should never be in a position to be in a close game with them.  How did it get so far off the rails?  Is it as simple as bad coaching?

houhog1967

Yep...can't block or tackle.  Our pass defense is beyond bad.  Fundamentals must be an automatic but sadly missing.  Tacklers run away from making the stick.  Some look scared and timid.

BartIV

At this point, coaching has to be the main reason this team so bad.

Atlhogfan1

We've barely beaten teams like Western Illinois and Samford in the last decade Defense.  Our program's weakness on the field.  What makes this so bad is it is season 5 and not a first year or transition year. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

livevanguy

Announcers just made an interesting/embarrassing point. CC came into this game with a 39% 3rd down conv. That have had 8 to this point against us. Smh 🤦‍♂️
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

hog47

The announcers are saying how does a line made up of 4 freshmen block so well against a SEC team? I know we have poor line technique and piss poor coaching.

ishankem

I think our D is really no better than sunbelt quality

BrickTwnHog

maybe these guys are taking on the personality of their leader

TheEnemy

3Scoreand10

Quote from: hog47 on November 04, 2017, 05:33:09 pm
The announcers are saying how does a line made up of 4 freshmen block so well against a SEC team? I know we have poor line technique and piss poor coaching.

What SEC team?  There is not an SEC team on this field.

Biggus Piggus

This team has been playing below its talent level for a whole year now.
[CENSORED]!

Dark Helmet Hog

hog47

The TV announcers are asking how 4 freshmen line men are pushing Arkansas around? I think we have poorly coached players and a lack of just plain old want too.

Carl Lazlo

The silver lining is all the mistakes are correctable.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on November 04, 2017, 05:40:33 pm
The silver lining is all the mistakes are correctable.

With a coaching change.
[CENSORED]!