Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (15-6, 4-4) vs Texas A&M (13-8, 2-6) SEC

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 30, 2018, 07:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Oliver

Quote from: rljjr on January 30, 2018, 09:59:53 pm
I remember when basketball was fun ... and so does Pepperidge Farms.

And Old Folks Country Sausage

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

elksnort

Quote from: rljjr on January 30, 2018, 09:59:53 pm
I remember when basketball was fun ... and so does Pepperidge Farms.
my goodness another Beauty. Pepperidge Farm remembers

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

pigroots

Rebounding is about effort and toughness. ...we were thoroughly whipped in that area by an average team tonight....nothing new here

GunnerHawg70

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Yeesh.  :-[

My wife's family are all aTm alums.  :puke:

PLEASE WIN AT HOME on 2/17!

hogfan10

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 30, 2018, 10:00:11 pm
Banner - what did you see out of Barford and Beard tonight?

Barford had 19 on 7/16 shooting.
Macon had 20 on 7/16 shooting.

PonderinHog

Letsroll1200

We basically lost as soon as

Beard
Cook
Barford
Gafford
Hall

Walked on the court for the second half. Cook had a lay up to cut the lead to 3 or 4 but missed it. A&M hit back to back threes. Ball game

HogBreath

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 30, 2018, 10:00:07 pm
I've said this to a friend of mine.  Gotta bring your defense every night. Have to be able to manufacture points when the shots aren't falling.  We can't do that.
Is your friend a basketball player?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Paul

Quote from: hogmolar on January 30, 2018, 09:55:56 pm
On a side note. Kentucky getting beat at home by Vandy
undertalented & undersized but well coached

jvanhorn

Quote from: hogmolar on January 30, 2018, 09:55:56 pm
On a side note. Kentucky getting beat at home by Vandy

well we have to play both of them so does it really matter?

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 30, 2018, 10:04:49 pm

Beard
Cook
Barford
Gafford
Hall

Walked on the court for the second half. Cook had a lay up to cut the lead to 3 or 4 but missed it. A&M hit back to back threes. Ball game
and the players put themselves in the game.

hoghappy

I've had more pleasant things before. My eyes and head hurt. 😢

panhandlepig

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 30, 2018, 09:56:04 pm
Losing on the road to aTm is one thing. Being their little bitch is another.

This. For crying out loud.

Letsroll1200

lookawayquick

Hogfan10 - if you think Barford played a good game tonight you absolutely don't know a thing about basketball.  No energy.  Poor shot selection.  Bad handles.  Beard.....struggling since the ankle injury.  Aliens have invaded Barford's head and body.  CJ Jones should have gotten additional minutes tonight.

40MINSOFHELL

Another loss, figures. I didn't watch the game but I bet A&M played the best they have in sec play this year.

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 30, 2018, 10:11:09 pm
This L is on Mike.
As incorrect as I might think you are sometimes you are least admirable to admit it when you feel the same way.

MAGA45

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 30, 2018, 10:13:15 pm
Another loss, figures. I didn't watch the game but I bet A&M played the best they have in sec play this year.

No not really and we still got boat raced
Fake News

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 30, 2018, 10:00:23 pm
80-66 A&M
Gafford with a backword THUNDEROUS!

+1000 #1 for sticking with the thread till the end even on tough nights. Appreciate it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 30, 2018, 10:04:49 pm

Beard
Cook
Barford
Gafford
Hall

Coach Mike out aggied the Aggies.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The Hogfather

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 30, 2018, 09:59:52 pm
In the words of Larry Johnson from UNLV to Coach Nolan Richardson "Coach you need to recruit some grown a$$ men!!!"  Hogs are small in the paint and have no true PG...

I barf every single time I hear this or see this.  It lets me know the person has no idea what they are talking about.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: elksnort on January 30, 2018, 10:14:24 pm
As incorrect as I might think you are sometimes you are least admirable to admit it when you feel the same way.

Cook had o points 1 rebound in 13 minutes. He's not a factor on defense. Why the hell is he getting 13 minutes.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: elksnort on January 30, 2018, 10:14:24 pm
Agreed! Stand-up move...+1000
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogfan10

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 30, 2018, 10:12:23 pm
Hogfan10 - if you think Barford played a good game tonight you absolutely don't know a thing about basketball.  No energy.  Poor shot selection.  Bad handles.  Beard.....struggling since the ankle injury.  Aliens have invaded Barford's head and body.  CJ Jones should have gotten additional minutes tonight.

You basically just described the entire team. Didn't say he played good, just pointing out he played about as good as anybody else. He also had 5 boards and 4 assist to go with 4 turnovers. That's 1 more board and 3 more turnovers than Macon, but pretty comparable.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: tncbg on January 30, 2018, 10:25:41 pm
Forget the 2-6 record, A&M is a good team. Their size is tough to handle and they have all of the pieces back. I would gladly trade rosters with them
A wise old man once said "you are what your record says you are". Loose translation.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

mhuff

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 30, 2018, 10:00:07 pm
I've said this to a friend of mine.  Gotta bring your defense every night. Have to be able to manufacture points when the shots aren't falling.  We can't do that.

We lost the game because we had the right game plan going where we put pressure on them forcing turnovers only to put in the wrong personnel and throw away the game. Seems some people can't stand prosperity. The lineups CMA comes up with at times makes him the best guy for the other team. We lost the game because a guard kept throwing up crap shots in the middle instead of getting the ball inside and playing team basketball. We lost the game because we can't rely on most of our PF's.

mhuff

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 30, 2018, 10:12:23 pm