Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountain Lion killed in Bradley County

Started by Mr. Prozac, November 13, 2014, 04:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Somewhere some game and fish boys went to the Hospital cause they choked on their breakfast.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Porkys Revenge

I've had 2 sightings in my lifetime. Both crossing gravel roads by my deer camp in Ashley county. Called head of game and fish in our area immediately to report it - he told me I was crazy. I said ok, but if you have any interest in seeing one I can take you to the exact spot it crossed the road 5 min ago.

I still can't figure out why those bastards (game and fish) have always lied about them being here.

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

str8volfan

HogPound

Was killed about 10 miles from where I grew up and where my folks still live. They live on 50 acres of beautiful land that backs up near the saline river. At night, my buds and I would go camp. Once the campfire was built and night really set in you could hear them growl in the distance. Not a comforting noise. But believe me, they are around.

twistitup

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 08, 2015, 01:13:25 pm
I've had 2 sightings in my lifetime. Both crossing gravel roads by my deer camp in Ashley county. Called head of game and fish in our area immediately to report it - he told me I was crazy. I said ok, but if you have any interest in seeing one I can take you to the exact spot it crossed the road 5 min ago.

I still can't figure out why those bastards (game and fish) have always lied about them being here.
Not just lied, but purposely withheld video evidence

kodiakisland

Withheld from who?  That 40/29 report just reminded my why I don't watch their crappy news.  I couldn't decide if it was a real news story or a spoof.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

twistitup

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 15, 2015, 05:48:21 am
Withheld from who?  That 40/29 report just reminded my why I don't watch their crappy news.  I couldn't decide if it was a real news story or a spoof.

Agfc has had video for years of mountain lions in ar...game camera, time stamped proof- but they chose not release this video to the public.

str8volfan

str8volfan

Quote from: HogPound on February 15, 2015, 12:11:20 am
Was killed about 10 miles from where I grew up and where my folks still live. They live on 50 acres of beautiful land that backs up near the saline river. At night, my buds and I would go camp. Once the campfire was built and night really set in you could hear them growl in the distance. Not a comforting noise. But believe me, they are around.
Ferrell?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

str8volfan

kodiakisland

Quote from: twistitup on February 15, 2015, 06:11:29 am
Agfc has had video for years of mountain lions in ar...game camera, time stamped proof- but they chose not release this video to the public.

Release it to the public?  They also didn't send me a birthday card this year.  Bastards.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

twistitup

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 15, 2015, 04:41:25 pm
Release it to the public?  They also didn't send me a birthday card this year.  Bastards.

Did that put your life or livestock at risk? It's the Agfc responsibility to keep the public informed

kodiakisland

Quote from: twistitup on February 15, 2015, 07:25:40 pm
Did that put your life or livestock at risk? It's the Agfc responsibility to keep the public informed

Hide yo womens!!!  No, a mnt lion hasn't put my life or livestock at risk.  What exactly does the public need to know?  Animals live in the woods?  There are almost 20 states that have breeding, healthy populations of mnt lions.  They aren't in a panic.  Mnt lions aren't that big a deal (outside Arkansas anyway). 

My kids used to go to grade school that was less than 1/2 mile from a breeding female's den.  The only time anyone ever knew it was around was when it would kill a deer on the playground.  We didn't grab the pitchforks and burn down the woods because wild animals lived in them.

twistitup

^
Grab pitchforks? Burn woods? What the hellll are you talking about?  They need to admit to a breeding population - thus informing the public and leave it at that. To deny makes the Agfc look ridiculous

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2015, 07:20:57 am
^
Grab pitchforks? Burn woods? What the hellll are you talking about?  They need to admit to a breeding population - thus informing the public and leave it at that. To deny makes the Agfc look ridiculous

This^^^^^, I'm in 100% agreement. Denying the fact makes them look plum stupid. It's false as me saying the woman in my avatar has small tatas.

EastexHawg

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't acknowledge anything, but you know dang well if Fish and Game reported there were mountain lions in four or five counties there would be rednecks flocking there to try to kill one so they could take pictures and show their prowess.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on February 15, 2015, 06:11:29 am

Cousin Ed was a Game Warden in Eastern Ark for nearly 30 years and he said the Big boys and Biologist were full of BS when it came to Mountain Lions, Cougars or Panthers.  They are and have been big cats in the state forever.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 17, 2015, 09:11:39 am

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't acknowledge anything, but you know dang well if Fish and Game reported there were mountain lions in four or five counties there would be rednecks flocking there to try to kill one so they could take pictures and show their prowess.

Most hunters that have lived in Arkansas very long, have known for years there are some mountain lions in the state....from all regions.  Many have either had sightings themselves, or know a credible friend or relative that has.  Only thing that has changed, is the AGFC finally admits there are some here.  The story they have been telling about the state not having a breeding pair, is just BS.  At some point, they will be forced to admit that too. 

Believe you are correct about some people trying to search them out  & shoot them to brag & take pics.  That is going to be a hard task, there just aren't that many lions out there.  The other problem with that.....is they can't brag much, or spread the pics around. Sooner or later, word would get around, or they would brag or show the pics to the wrong person, & get turned in. The AGFC would make an example of someone doing that. 

If someone does kill a lion, I hope its a female that is pregnant.  Be interesting to hear the AGFC story on that.  Guess they will say the female got knocked up in Texas, Okla, Mizzo or Cajun land.......& hightailed it over the state line, to deliver the kittens.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DirtTrackFan

I found adult Mt. Lion tracks in Yell Co. in 2004, talked to the local Ranger and he said someone had reported seeing a momma cat and kittens cross a road in that area not long before that, love it.

hawgwild child

Quote from: DirtTrackFan on February 22, 2015, 09:21:39 pm
I found adult Mt. Lion tracks in Yell Co. in 2004, talked to the local Ranger and he said someone had reported seeing a momma cat and kittens cross a road in that area not long before that, love it.

My dad lives in danville and have seen some tracks behind his house.   I've seen cat prints down hwy 80 on my grandparents land as well.  These dudes are out there for sure

twistitup

Quote from: ScottFaldon on June 10, 2015, 05:00:29 pm
DNA results in on that cougar, via AG&FC.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/r6ulg/3vq0kl

From South Dakota to Arkansas.....dayummm that's one long haul. I have to believe there is a breeding population in most states it just hasn't been proven as of yet. A cat is not traveling that far for nothing.

twistitup

Quote from: ScottFaldon on June 10, 2015, 05:37:56 pm
It's pretty common for them to travel great distances. Males get pushed out as youngsters by the dominant cat of the area. So they strike out to find their own territory. A few years ago, one was killed in Connecticut by a car that was from South Dakota. It had gone 1,500 miles.

That's why it's my belief that breeding populations are in most states. These cats are simply repopulating their original territories.

str8volfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on June 10, 2015, 05:00:29 pm
DNA results in on that cougar, via AG&FC.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/r6ulg/3vq0kl
this is horse darn, I have a picture of 3 more that was taken about a week after that one was killed. Not too far from where he took the dirt nap.

str8volfan

also, it wasnt killed on private land, it was killed on my lease.

str8volfan

HogBreath

Quote from: HogPound on February 15, 2015, 12:11:20 am
Once the campfire was built and night really set in you could hear them growl in the distance.
It was awful nice of 'em to wait until you got the fire built before they started up with the squawling and carrying on.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Rzbakfromwaybak

June 11, 2015, 12:09:36 am #30 Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:53:03 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: str8volfan on June 10, 2015, 06:06:25 pm

this is horse darn, I have a picture of 3 more that was taken about a week after that one was killed. Not too far from where he took the dirt nap.

Guess the AGFC will probably claim all 3 of those cats in your pictures.....also must be from South Dakota.  First they claim there are none in the state. When that didn't work.....they claimed there are no breeding pairs here. They are now going to say that none of them that are turning up....came from here.  Very curious.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: str8volfan on June 10, 2015, 06:06:25 pm

Can you post the pictures with the 3 mountain lions?

twistitup

Quote from: str8volfan on June 10, 2015, 08:22:36 pm
also, it wasnt killed on private land, it was killed on my lease.

Is your lease public? Can I get directions?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: twistitup on June 10, 2015, 05:40:46 pm
That's why it's my belief that breeding populations are in most states. These cats are simply repopulating their original territories.

This.  With the exploding deer population in Arkansas, the conditions for a breeding population of Mt. Lions are there. The stage is set for the re-population of old territories.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

rickm1976

Quote from: HogBreath on June 10, 2015, 11:17:38 pm
It was awful nice of 'em to wait until you got the fire built before they started up with the squawling and carrying on.

That happened at our deer camp a couple of times.  The last time was just a couple years ago.  I figured it was just mad, but didn't really want any part of us, so i just went ahead and went to bed.  My son and brother were afraid to go to sleep, so they stayed up half the night on "watch", and did catch a glimpse in their flashlight beam.  I did have one come in to my call when I was coyote hunting once.  It stopped about 100 yards out and "screamed" at us a few times.  We did pack up and move though.  I've heard several bobcats growl when they winded me, but this was a totally different sound - very high pitched.  Bobcats have a much deeper voice.

LittlePigMan

If there were as many mountain lions in this state that are "seen" or "heard" there would be one getting ran over every week.   

rickm1976

Quote from: LittlePigMan on June 16, 2015, 03:04:15 am
If there were as many mountain lions in this state that are "seen" or "heard" there would be one getting ran over every week.   

You have a point, and I know plenty of stupid people who might get confused, but there are also plenty of us who have spent a lot of time in the woods and know the difference.  I know folks who seriously have mistaken fox calls for aliens, bigfoot, or ghosts.  Bobcats do have a completely different voice than that of a Mountain Lion, and Bobcats don't have tails as long as their bodies, and don't look anything like Mountain Lions.  Neither do feral cats.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: LittlePigMan on June 16, 2015, 03:04:15 am

Lol.  Don't let the Bigfoot believer's across the country hear you saying that.  They see & hear those things all the time.  Yet, not a single one has been run over, or shot....anywhere!