Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida A & M

Started by Hogfaniam, November 20, 2012, 08:41:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

Historically black college in Tallahassee.  8500 enrollment, 60% female. member of the MEAC conference.  FCS school in football. 

anybody been on their campus?  I drove through it one time when in Tallahassee. This is where the saying "other side of the tracks" came from.  Literally, on one side of the rr tracks sits FAMU, on the other Florida St.  You drive through FSU and everything is brick.  Just a gorgeous campus.  You have to look hard at the football stadium to know that is what it is. 

and then you cross the tracks.

Metal buildings everywhere. Even the grass is not as green. Their football stadium is 25500 metal bleachers.

Haves vs. Don't Have as Much.  famu tuition is 5200 instate.  fsu is 5800.   I was stunned at the differences sitting side by side.  both are nearly the same age.  both are state universities.  fsu 22000 students.  famu 8500.

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

cmiller01

Tallahassee is the capital of Florida.

dsims2k3

That is usaully the trend with many state funded HBCU's, due to endowment. However, believe it or not, FAMU has a rich tradition.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

cmiller01

Quote from: dsims2k3 on November 20, 2012, 08:50:19 pm
That is usaully the trend with many state funded HBCU's, due to endowment. However, believe it or not, FAMU has a rich tradition.

Yes, like beating fellow band members to death.

dsims2k3

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 20, 2012, 08:52:34 pm
Yes, like beating fellow band members to death.

Not excusing it by any means, but hazing occurs across the country. It's just not getting reported or caught.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Zen_Hog

I go to FSU and I don't cross the railroads lol. FSU has over 40,000 students though.