Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do the Razorbacks finish?

Started by elksnort, February 16, 2018, 11:06:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Here is what is remaining of the regular season:

Sat, Feb. 17       Texas A&M               Bud Walton Arena                     3 p.m.                                       ESPN
Tues, Feb. 20     Kentucky                 Bud Walton Arena                     8 p.m.                                       ESPN
Sat, Feb. 24       at Alabama              Tuscaloosa, Ala.                        5 p.m.                                       SEC Network
Tues, Feb. 27     Auburn                    Bud Walton Arena                     8 p.m.                                       SEC Network
Sat, March 3      at Missouri               Columbia, Mo.                           5 p.m.                                       ESPN/2

The hogs sitting at 18-8 and have just won 3 in a row (against teams that they are clearly better than). A&M has been up and down but beat the hogs soundly at College Station. Kentucky is weaker than they have been in years, but they still have the players. Bama is quite up and down but looks awful good at times. Auburn is hot. The hogs need to cool them off. And Missouri seems tough also. I can see the hogs beating any of these remaining teams, but they could also lose to any of these remaining teams.
I don't see 5-0.
4-1 would be terrific.
3-2 is what I kind of expect.
2-3 would at least get them to 20 regular season wins.
Anything less than 2 victories would be dissapointing.

What do think folks? At least the hogs are "in it" for something.

jst01

IMO, they win the next two at home. Huge crowds.

I think they lose the final three. The road games are real tough. Auburn is very good and Pearl knows exactly how to defend the Hogs.

elksnort

2-3 is my minimum. I'm hoping for 3-2

texas tush hog

Quote from: elksnort on February 16, 2018, 11:43:32 am
2-3 is my minimum. I'm hoping for 3-2

A true fan of the team Dilly, Dilly.

BannerMountainMan

Win the 3 home games and lose to two road which our RPI will jump either ways and we get a 9 seed and play UNC 2nd round
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dominicanhog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 16, 2018, 11:56:16 am
Win the 3 home games and lose to two road which our RPI will jump either ways and we get a 9 seed and play UNC 2nd round

3 and 2 with at least one in the sect would be higher than 9 probably a 7... a lot of teams are going to start losing, they are playing each other down the stretch and in conference tourneys....

hog golf

just don't draw LSU in first round of SECT.
3-2 would be great. I can see 1-4 though even though i'm not sure who the "1" is. gonna have to show me. i'll watch them all though.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

elksnort

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 16, 2018, 11:47:11 am

A true fan of the team Dilly, Dilly.
I'm just making my prediction. What is yours?

elksnort

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 16, 2018, 11:58:39 am
3 and 2 with at least one in the sect would be higher than 9 probably a 7... a lot of teams are going to start losing, they are playing each other down the stretch and in conference tourneys....
This is pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Breems

Quote from: hog golf on February 16, 2018, 12:17:26 pm
just don't draw LSU in first round of SECT.
3-2 would be great. I can see 1-4 though even though i'm not sure who the "1" is. gonna have to show me. i'll watch them all though.

That would be a friggin nightmare. Would love to not be blown out by LSU again.

I'm going with 3-2. Home wins over A&M and UK, win over AU or @MO, and a loss @AL.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

redleg

21-10, 10-8 in the SEC.
They pick up 2 wins in the SEC Tourney (neutral court)...23-11.
Get a #11 seed in the NCAA Tourney, pull an upset in the first round, lose in the second round..........again.
24-12.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hawg66

Quote from: redleg on February 16, 2018, 12:32:44 pm
21-10, 10-8 in the SEC.
Get a #11 seed in the NCAA Tourney, pull an upset in the first round, lose in the second round..........again.
24-12.
that would be at least 4 very good wins and three losses against high caliber teams. If Arkansas sits at 23-10 going into the NCAA tourney they will be nowhere near an 11 seed. Probably 8 or 9.

BannerMountainMan

21-10, 10-8 in the SEC.
24-12.
23-11 would put us back on the 8-9 line for sure maybe 7
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

SemperHawg

3-2 to finish I think cements us in the dance.  Really don't want to have to go into the SEC tourney with work still to do.

woodhog14

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

21-10, 10-8 in the SEC.
24-12.

If we finish the season 23-11, we will be much higher than an 11 seed. Probably a 7 considering our RPI.

jabber71

Finish the season 4 -1 losing to Alabama, matched up with LSU in the 1st round and take our revenge. Lose in the finals to Auburn.

We get a 7 seed in the NCAA and make it to the Championship game where we lose to Auburn.

3 months later FBI makes a massive raid on DI schools all over the country, Bruce Pearl is lead away in handcuffs and Auburn has to vacate the entire season.

ESPN still refuses to name us SEC or National Champions and 1/2 of Hogville agrees! ;D
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

code red

2-3 losses to Auburn, Alabama and Mizzou
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: jst01 on February 16, 2018, 11:39:36 am
IMO, they win the next two at home. Huge crowds.

I think they lose the final three. The road games are real tough. Auburn is very good and Pearl knows exactly how to defend the Hogs.
I agree.....Bama is going to be a buzz saw....Auburn will send the Bud packing early.  Got to get the next 2.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 16, 2018, 01:30:31 pm
0-5. Guarantee it
I often lean on the negative side of being realistic but I can't see going 0-five

Letsroll1200

3-2. Only losses to Bama and Auburn.

TushCrush

One game at a time.
We beat TAMU at our place Saturday  8)