Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jadon Jackson

Started by Jumpty, February 25, 2018, 06:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 09:53:46 am
yeah that is why i say subjective.  I loved watching Jay Wright play probably because he wasn't the most naturally gifted of the 3.  He was a great receiver, like Jerry Rice sort of, not going to beat you in a foot race in practice but on the field is where he shined.

I mean there are lots of stories in AR about kids who definitely were elite but didn't make it. i remember a RB that i played with in JR high this kid was truly elite, but he dropped outa school after the 9th grade i have no idea where he is now.

But yeah if you can make a living in the league i consider you elite =)  Madre is a good example he is arguably one of the hall of fame greats of Arkansas and his NFL career is non existent, Shabazz etc.  so i can see both. 

So when you think of elite that played for Arkansas who do you think of?

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:59:21 am

as in elite from the state and played for Arkansas (no thought to pro career)?

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 09:59:21 am

Darren McFadden.

311Hog

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 10:15:49 am
Madre Hill

What do those two have in common?

Not 7A west talent.

Again, people get too into their feelings with facts.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 10:16:50 am
What do those two have in common?

Not 7A west talent.

Again, people get too into their feelings with facts.

also we are talking about 2 players in 20 years.  I think it more an Arkansas thing than classification and location.  They are also both RB's lol hell Madre was from AAA Southwest that was before there even was a 7 A.

To me the A's in arkansas high school don't mean anything.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 09:13:48 am
Ill take it a step further. 13 kids from 3A to 5A started or contributed.

8 from 7A started or contributed.

How many schools are in the 3A, 4A, and 5A compared to the, what?, 16 in the 7A?

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 10:11:11 am
Darren McFadden.

He's the only elite player of the modern era in my mind.

AirWarren

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 01, 2018, 10:27:00 am
How many schools are in the 3A, 4A, and 5A compared to the, what?, 16 in the 7A?

Irrelevant.

Demographics. Quality of football is what matters.

4a football is the best football played in the state. Followed by 3A with 5a/6A closely behind.

Look at the 4a kids alone on our roster. And most are from the 7-8-4A. There is good football too to bottom in that league. Not flooded with Rogers. Rogers heritage. Van buren and such... Our roster of Arkansas kids from those areas reflect it.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 10:28:08 am

Agreed.

311Hog

agreed truly transcendent he took over games.  ( i guess lesser extent Matt Jones falls under this as well for me). 

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 10:19:58 am
also we are talking about 2 players in 20 years.  I think it more an Arkansas thing than classification and location.  They are also both RB's lol hell Madre was from AAA Southwest that was before there even was a 7 A.

To me the A's in arkansas high school don't mean anything.

To Kenneth Dixon it didn't. 2a

The lineman from Fordyce that played in the league, the lineman from star city that played at SAU but had a good career in the pros, the DB from Rison that played several years in the NFL.

#1 STUNNA

greatest hog ever.

IronMountainHog

Why don't you idiots start a new thread about your stupid North vs. South argument. This thread is about Jadon Jackson, or it was supposed to be until you derailed it for the second time.

311Hog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 01, 2018, 11:09:04 am
Why don't you idiots start a new thread about your stupid North vs. South argument. This thread is about Jadon Jackson, or it was supposed to be until you derailed it for the second time.

Is Jadon related to Koilan ?  KJ Jr. ?

AirWarren

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 01, 2018, 11:09:04 am

Relax man.

ricepig

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 11:13:37 am
Uh..no.

just curious while Keith didn't go to the UofA his son's have and seem to be.  Often kids in Bentonville are the son's of well off individuals.

31to6

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 11:12:16 am
Relax man.
How about you stop using your narrow regional bias to bash a recruit?

Fact is you have no idea if Jadon is terrible, good, great or elite. Nobody can know that until he's in a program and gets a chance to prove his worth on the field.

Arkansas is too small of a state to run off prospects simply because regional bigots don't like the other side of the state.

liljo

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 09:07:59 am
The majority of your Arkansas Razorbacks on your roster are from Central and South Arkansas.

Kirby Adcock(Nashville) 4A.
McTelvin Agim(Hope) 5A. STARTER.
Montaric Brown(Ashdown) 4A. 4 start out of high school.
Austin Capps(Star City) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Johnny Gibson(Dumas) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Will Gragg(Dumas) 4A. PLAYED.
TJ Hammonds(LR) 4A. PLAYED.
Hayden Henry(LR) 5A. PLAYED.
LaMichael Pettway(Nashville) 4A. PLAYED
David Porter(LR) 4A.
Jamario Bell(Junction City) 3A
Gary Cross(Fordyce) 3A. PLAYED.
Tobias Enlow(NLR) 7A
Tyler Hall(Maumelle) 5A
Dylan Hays(LR) 5A
Colton Jackson(Conway) 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Koilan Jackson(LR) 4A
Jordan Jones(Smackover) 3A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Byron Keaton(Camden) 5A
Tyson Morris(HWH) 4A
Tyler Phillips(NLR) 7A
River Warnock(NLR) 7A
Brenden Young(Bryant) 7A
Ben Brasuell(Benton) 6A
Josh Harris(PB) 5A
Jarrod Barnes(Cabot) 7A. PLAYED.

12 from these "small classes", Central and South Arkansas started or contributed.
26 total on the roster from Central and South Arkansas.

Dre Greenlaw(Fayetteville), 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
Damani Carter(Fayetteville) 7A
Ty Clary(Fayetteville) 7A. PLAYED AND STARTED.
DeShawn Gulledge(Bald Knob) 3A
Elias Hale(Fayetteville) 7A
Jake Hall(Springdale) 7A
Jackson Hannah(Bentonville) 7A
Justice Hobbs(Farmington) 5A
Audry Horn(LR) 7A
Blake Kern(Lamar)3A
Jack Kraus(Bentonville) 7A
Jack Lindsey(Springdale) 7A
Grant Morgan(Greenwood) 6A. PLAYED AND STARTED SOME.
CJ OGrady(Fayetteville) 7A. STARTED AND PLAYED.
Ty Storey(Charleston) 3A
Deon Stewart(Highland) 4A. PLAYED AND STARTED.

4 from North Arkansas including 7A west contributed this year.
16 total from North Arkansas on the roster.

Graduated:

South Arkansas and Central Arkansas

BiJhon Jackson(Eldorado) 6A. STARTER.
Josh Liddell(Pine Bluff) 4A. STARTER.
Kevin Richardson(Jacksonville). 5A/6A. STARTER.

Add these three with the 12 above....15 CENTRAL AND SOUTH ARKANSAS kids contributed or started this past year.

North Arkansas

Austin Allen(Fayetteville) 7A

Add this in with the 4 above and 5 North Arkansas kids contributed or started.

Deny the facts all you want. From 2A to 7A, the Central and Southern part of the state is your bread and butter. Period.

My bad. I thought the topic was about Jadon Jackson, a particular player who happens to play in 7A. I didn't realize the topic was about which region of the state produced the most talent. Therefore, your original reply (go back to your first reply in this thread) seemed to insinuate any player from that conference was just hard for you to get excited about.

After that, no matter who replied, you seemed to think they were being overly sensitive. Now, a thread started about an exciting (at least to some of us) prospect from inside the state of Arkansas has turned into something completely off the charts from the original thread purpose.

Again, I will trust the evaluations of the coaching staff, for certain, over yours.

C'mon Jadon!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

ricepig

Quote from: 311Hog on March 01, 2018, 11:15:32 am
just curious while Keith didn't go to the UofA his son's have and seem to be.  Often kids in Bentonville are the son's of well off individuals.

Nope, he moved to Centerton to live with his grandmother in the 9th grade from PA.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jul/14/arkansas-2019-wr-target-jadon-jackson-shines-south/

SSFrazorback

Quote from: opineonswine on March 01, 2018, 07:04:19 am
You think?  So dumb.

Since when does a particular conference define the abilities of an individual?

I sincerely hope this quality athlete signs with us.

You should work on your reading comprehension before calling others dumb. You clearly had no clue what I was saying.

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2018, 11:23:35 am
Nope, he moved to Centerton to live with his grandmother in the 9th grade from PA.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jul/14/arkansas-2019-wr-target-jadon-jackson-shines-south/

that is cool i thought Koilan had a brother thought maybe Jadon was him.

liljo

Quote from: SSFrazorback on March 01, 2018, 11:44:32 am
You should work on your reading comprehension before calling others dumb. You clearly had no clue what I was saying.

Not meaning to interrupt, but I'm pretty sure the guy you are saying should work on his reading comprehension was actually completely agreeing with what you had said. He wasn't calling YOU dumb, he was saying it was "so dumb" that somebody had derailed the thread, and went on to agree with your (and mine, and several others here) opinion that a conference doesn't define the quality of a particular player.

I get the feeling even THIS will be misconstrued. But, let me be certain to interject: MY FEELINGS ARE NOT HURT (just in case ol' AP85 checks back in; you know how sensitive he gets).
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AP85 on March 01, 2018, 10:33:13 am
Irrelevant.

Demographics. Quality of football is what matters.

4a football is the best football played in the state. Followed by 3A with 5a/6A closely behind.

Look at the 4a kids alone on our roster. And most are from the 7-8-4A. There is good football too to bottom in that league. Not flooded with Rogers. Rogers heritage. Van buren and such... Our roster of Arkansas kids from those areas reflect it.

Maybe the AAA should start having an Overall State Championship.

I'm sorry but there is no way Booneville would be remotely competitive with Bentonville.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 01, 2018, 01:11:48 pm
Maybe the AAA should start having an Overall State Championship.

I'm sorry but there is no way Booneville would be remotely competitive with Bentonville.

Did anyone say anything about little schools beating bigger schools? What he said is top to bottom the 4A is the most competitive in the state. While Bentonville has a great program some schools arent scared of them from the 4A... lol

Redhogs

My grandson is a starting player for BVW, therefore I see JJ play every week in person...he's good...real good..I'm  told he has no real allegiance to the Razorbacks, being from another state. Also told he did not like CBB and staff at all but that the coaching staff change could help tremendously with him.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

SSFrazorback

Quote from: liljo on March 01, 2018, 12:46:59 pm
Not meaning to interrupt, but I'm pretty sure the guy you are saying should work on his reading comprehension was actually completely agreeing with what you had said. He wasn't calling YOU dumb, he was saying it was "so dumb" that somebody had derailed the thread, and went on to agree with your (and mine, and several others here) opinion that a conference doesn't define the quality of a particular player.

I get the feeling even THIS will be misconstrued. But, let me be certain to interject: MY FEELINGS ARE NOT HURT (just in case ol' AP85 checks back in; you know how sensitive he gets).
Thank you for that. Looking at it now I can see what you're saying. I guess I'm the one that needs to work on my reading comprehension.

liljo

Quote from: SSFrazorback on March 01, 2018, 01:54:22 pm
Thank you for that. Looking at it now I can see what you're saying. I guess I'm the one that needs to work on my reading comprehension.

Ain't nothin' to it. Stuff like that happens when threads get derailed. I'm looking forward to the Red-White Game so I can work on my WATCHING comprehension!
Exciting times.

GO HOGS!

opineonswine

Quote from: SSFrazorback on March 01, 2018, 11:44:32 am

I guess I wasn't clear...I was agreeing with you.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: liljo on March 01, 2018, 11:18:21 am
My bad. I thought the topic was about Jadon Jackson, a particular player who happens to play in 7A. I didn't realize the topic was about which region of the state produced the most talent. Therefore, your original reply (go back to your first reply in this thread) seemed to insinuate any player from that conference was just hard for you to get excited about.

After that, no matter who replied, you seemed to think they were being overly sensitive. Now, a thread started about an exciting (at least to some of us) prospect from inside the state of Arkansas has turned into something completely off the charts from the original thread purpose.

Again, I will trust the evaluations of the coaching staff, for certain, over yours.

C'mon Jadon!
His schtick. He whines that anyone who doesn't agree with him is being too sensitive or overwrought. On the other hand, he continues to hammer away at virtually any kid who apparently doesn't play in a lower classification, especially if the program doesn't happen to be located in the central/southern part of the state. I've reached the conclusion that this guy has some major problem with anything or anyone who might actually come the most cursed and/or unacceptable part of the state which stretches from north and west of Russellville to the Oklahoma border and north and east to Missouri and even further east toward Mountain Home.

AirWarren

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 01, 2018, 02:50:28 pm
His schtick. He whines that anyone who doesn't agree with him is being too sensitive or overwrought. On the other hand, he continues to hammer away at virtually any kid who apparently doesn't play in a lower classification, especially if the program doesn't happen to be located in the central/southern part of the state. I've reached the conclusion that this guy has some major problem with anything or anyone who might actually come the most cursed and/or unacceptable part of the state which stretches from north and west of Russellville to the Oklahoma border and north and east to Missouri and even further east toward Mountain Home.

Still crying I see.

Vantage 8 dude

AirWarren

SSFrazorback

Quote from: opineonswine on March 01, 2018, 02:28:34 pm
I guess I wasn't clear...I was agreeing with you.

Ya, wasn't clear to me at first. I see what you're saying. My bad.

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 01, 2018, 06:11:24 am
Lol did you just compare greenlaw to a first round draft pick and call him elite? Dang good college player for us but he is not elite right now.

So you think it's funny someone responded to the guy that says south Arkansas talent is better than NWA, a guy gives NWA player as an example, and south Arkansas guy comes back with Rueben Foster.  Implying those are all over south Arkansas. 

I swear, logic sometime just escapes people around here.

Paul

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2018, 11:03:31 am
He can't go on the road, Craddock went to school/played at MTSU and offered all of these guys on a visit.

Tuhoy definitely helped in Memphis and at Briarcrest.
who are we recruiting at Briarcrest?

ricepig

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 05:37:47 pm
So you think it's funny someone responded to the guy that says south Arkansas talent is better than NWA, a guy gives NWA player as an example, and south Arkansas guy comes back with Rueben Foster.  Implying those are all over south Arkansas. 

I swear, logic sometime just escapes people around here.

The guy that was talking about Dre Greenlaw is the one that said he is elite like Foster from Alabama. Not AP85... keep up. The south and central probably do produce more overall talent. It is what it is.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 02, 2018, 05:44:46 am
The guy that was talking about Dre Greenlaw is the one that said he is elite like Foster from Alabama. Not AP85... keep up. The south and central probably do produce more overall talent. It is what it is.
Greenlaws career is not over numb nuts.

As a freshman Dre Greenlaw had 95 tackles
As a freshman Reuben Foster had 12 tackles

Pretty much against the same schedule and competition.

Green law made freshman All America
Foster did not

Greenlaw was a 3 Star recruit
Foster was a 5 star recruit

Greenlaw had 12 tackles in the second half against Auburn as a freshman. That's as many as Foster had the whole season.

I never brought the name Reuben Foster up. But if comparing apples to apples. Greenlaw was elite as a freshman and Foster was not. Will he be ever as good as Foster, probably not. This thread is about Jaden Jackson not 7a West, Warren, Foster, or Greenlaw. Let's all show some respect to this kid and the people who want to read up on him.

liljo

Quote from: Jumpty on February 25, 2018, 06:39:22 pm
Is Jadon Jackson of Bentonville West being recruited to play on the defensive side of the call? He had a picture with Coach Chavis, Coach Cooper, and Coach Smith. He didn't have any with offensive staff. Richard Davenport could you enlighten us on this? Also how hard are they recruiting him?

Just a little reminder of the Original Post on this thread.

C'mon Jadon!  ;D

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 02, 2018, 08:06:45 am
Greenlaws career is not over numb nuts.

As a freshman Dre Greenlaw had 95 tackles
As a freshman Reuben Foster had 12 tackles

Pretty much against the same schedule and competition.

Green law made freshman All America
Foster did not

Greenlaw was a 3 Star recruit
Foster was a 5 star recruit

Greenlaw had 12 tackles in the second half against Auburn as a freshman. That's as many as Foster had the whole season.

I never brought the name Reuben Foster up. But if comparing apples to apples. Greenlaw was elite as a freshman and Foster was not. Will he be ever as good as Foster, probably not. This thread is about Jaden Jackson not 7a West, Warren, Foster, or Greenlaw. Let's all show some respect to this kid and the people who want to read up on him.

Lol..I wonder if the competition for a starting position kept foster from starting as a freshman I mean he did back up 2 all americans in CJ Moseley and Reggie Ragland? Or maybe his tackle numbers are lower because he wasnt called to make as many because the other guys on the field also are capable of tackling? stop comparing the two.. its not close anyway you spin it... although I wish it was as a hog fan.

And I hope Jackson is a hog as I believe from watching his tape hes a damn good looking receiver.

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 02, 2018, 05:44:46 am

AP85 brought up Foster, not guy talking about Greenlaw.  Which was my point...  I'm not getting in the discussion of north vs south that you guys are having.  I firmly believe it's racially sensitive narrative by AP85 and chose to stay out of it.