Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mario Goodrich Offered

Started by Tim Harris, December 28, 2017, 10:24:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: VBMark on January 02, 2018, 09:57:26 am
So you want Dre Greenlaw to get benched?

Im not impressed. But that's just me.

hawginbigd1

If he can't get better than this year, then i will be good with it.

Beardog

The TE from Kansas that is at Florida is Goolsby I believe.

Hogwild

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 28, 2017, 10:24:57 am
Not sure if we have a chance or not but I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mario-Goodrich-46036458

Likely he's head to LSU, they feel really confident they have them.

Hugo Bezdek

IronHog

Quote from: uncle bubs on December 30, 2017, 01:41:38 am
I've shown my Midwestern friends threads like this that insinuate NWA as the Midwest and they get a kick out of it. Put it to bed, NWA ain't the Midwest, at least according to actual Midwesterns. I've lived in Little Rock, Middle Tennessee, and NWA, and there isn't much difference. Such nonsense.

People in NWA say "you guys", there is no cotton or pine trees, and the giant HS with huge budgets can't turn out SEC players

It's Midwest
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HawgTide

Quote from: IronHog on January 07, 2018, 08:45:28 am

People in NWA say "you guys", there is no cotton or pine trees, and the giant HS with huge budgets can't turn out SEC players

It's Midwest

Your single mindedness to constantly beating that drum is impressive.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IronHog on January 07, 2018, 08:45:28 am

It's Midwest

It could be getting Midwestern simply from all the implants over the last few decades.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 07, 2018, 02:08:06 pm
As an unofficial. He is a long shot unless that changes

Umm, I don't think that's what that says.

"A recent scholarship offer and having a former Razorback as a coach has cornerback Mario Goodrich interested in making an official visit to check out the football program at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

I have a couple of slots that I'm thinking about switching around," said Goodrich, who officially visited Nebraska earlier. "

I don't think he'll come unless it's an official visit.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 02:13:00 pm
Umm, I don't think that's what that says.

"A recent scholarship offer and having a former Razorback as a coach has cornerback Mario Goodrich interested in making an official visit to check out the football program at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

I have a couple of slots that I'm thinking about switching around," said Goodrich, who officially visited Nebraska earlier. "

I don't think he'll come unless it's an official visit.

Well it does also say,"He has officials visits set for LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss and Florida in January, but he's talking to his parents about visiting the Hogs."

So currently we aren't in line for an official unless he does move one of the others out.

imtad16

Mario Goodrich's 247 profile now says he is visiting us Feb. 2. It also says he is visiting Florida Feb. 2.

Farmer Hogget

Shorttimer

Can we say it geographically lies in the South but has a mildly diverse regional feel?  Or in true HV fashion should we poll the natives to establish a definitive answer?

We can also knock out the following burning questions: Is Tulsa in the southwest or the Midwest?  Is Miami an east coast city in a southern state?  What about Louisville . . . more or less Southern than Lexington?

Cities have personalities.  They are all different.  From my experience, for every "you guys" in NWA there are 10 "y'alls".  Spend half an hour in a Springdale Wal-Mart . . . I promise the clientele will be significantly more "Southern" than you'll find in a visit to a Wal-Mart in Nashville or Atlanta, and no one would dispute the "Southern-ness" of those cities.  Are there non-Southern influences in NWA?  Absolutely.  Does that make it Midwestern?  Hell no.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Shorttimer on January 22, 2018, 07:52:29 am
Can we say it geographically lies in the South but has a mildly diverse regional feel?  Or in true HV fashion should we poll the natives to establish a definitive answer?

We can also knock out the following burning questions: Is Tulsa in the southwest or the Midwest?  Is Miami an east coast city in a southern state?  What about Louisville . . . more or less Southern than Lexington?

Cities have personalities.  They are all different.  From my experience, for every "you guys" in NWA there are 10 "y'alls".  Spend half an hour in a Springdale Wal-Mart . . . I promise the clientele will be significantly more "Southern" than you'll find in a visit to a Wal-Mart in Nashville or Atlanta, and no one would dispute the "Southern-ness" of those cities.  Are there non-Southern influences in NWA?  Absolutely.  Does that make it Midwestern?  Hell no.

I say we shoot anyone who believes that it being a southern town is a "bad thing"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Oklahawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 22, 2018, 08:05:25 am
I say we shoot anyone who believes that it being a southern town is a "bad thing"...

We can always ask questions and debate about it later.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

liljo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 22, 2018, 08:05:25 am

I'll drink to that.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Fan1958

Based on the LB play of the last two years may not be a bad idea.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

mhuff

AirWarren

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 22, 2018, 06:58:47 am
Someone failed at Geography.

Bud Walton arena is known as the "Basketball palace of MID-AMERICA"

Mid America equals midwest.

sowmonella

Quote from: HawgTide on January 07, 2018, 11:58:03 am

Your single mindedness to constantly beating that drum is impressive.
If you meant to say simple mindedness then I agree.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 29, 2017, 10:55:11 pm
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MO

I guess Ohio State, Michigan, SoCal, and Oklahoma are just wasting their time.
And that list doesn't include the Kansas side of KC or East St. Louis

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Shorttimer on January 22, 2018, 07:52:29 am
What about Louisville . . . more or less Southern than Lexington?
Lexington = most redneck college town I've ever been around.

Louisville = Midwest with a bit of Southern influence...but not enough to make much difference.
Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 08:56:49 am

Not hardly.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ReservoirHog

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 08:56:49 am

Using that logic, it could also mean mideast.

AirWarren

Quote from: ReservoirHog on January 22, 2018, 10:07:25 am
Using that logic, it could also mean mideast.

But not southeast.

That's the whole point.

ReservoirHog

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 10:08:52 am
But not southeast.

That's the whole point.

Could mean midsouth
Or midnorth

AirWarren

ReservoirHog

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 10:11:55 am
Mid-Atlantic too?

Mid- Lake Superior?

Sure why not? Whatever helps recruiting.

Hugo Bezdek

Why the hell is there a geography debate in a thread about a 4* defensive recruit considering the Hogs?

ricepig

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on January 22, 2018, 10:23:26 am
Why the hell is there a geography debate in a thread about a 4* defensive recruit considering the Hogs?

Because the thread took a U-turn mid-stream?

ReservoirHog

Why the hell is there a guy living vicariously through a guy named Hugo Bezdek from a hundred years ago?

Because we are all just sad, miserable people. That's why.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ReservoirHog on January 22, 2018, 10:27:36 am
Why the hell is there a guy living vicariously through a guy named Hugo Bezdek from a hundred years ago?

Lol

imtad16

I'm confused as to why 247 lists Goodrich visiting both us and Florida at the same time. Is this a mistake on their website or does he plan on fitting a visit to both Schools in on the same weekend? It does look like he has enough official visits left to go to both.

ricepig

Quote from: imtad16 on January 22, 2018, 11:20:54 am
I'm confused as to why 247 lists Goodrich visiting both us and Florida at the same time. Is this a mistake on their website or does he plan on fitting a visit to both Schools in on the same weekend? It does look like he has enough official visits left to go to both.

Because he's probably said both. He was originally scheduled for Florida, we've apparently convinced him to come to Fayetteville. With it being 2 weeks away, it may change again.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ReservoirHog on January 22, 2018, 10:27:36 am

I see "Hugo Bezdek" and my mind autocorrects to "Huge ole' big dick". Not a slam on the poster or his posts, just where my mind goes, I guess.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogX

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2018, 10:11:55 am
Mid-Atlantic too?

Mid- Lake Superior?

I think we're just naming old pro wrestling territories at this point.

Dropkick

Quote from: HogX on January 22, 2018, 11:37:07 am
I think we're just naming old pro wrestling territories at this point.
Lots of those grapplers were from " Parts Unknown".

Paul

Quote from: Dropkick on January 22, 2018, 11:43:23 am
Lots of those grapplers were from " Parts Unknown".
Yep especially the masked ones like the Interns & the Von Brauners

imtad16

Come on Goodrich, Battle, and Bush. Come check out Fayetteville and buy a one way ticket back after your visit. Join the momentum fellas.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 22, 2018, 11:35:42 am
I see "Hugo Bezdek" and my mind autocorrects to "Huge ole' big dick". Not a slam on the poster or his posts, just where my mind goes, I guess.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SooieGeneris

Yes! All we need now is for the lawyers to hijack the thread trying a case in a coaching thread..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

imtad16

Goodrich's profile no longer hows Florida with a visit Feb. 2 now. I like it. Stay firm on the visit Mario. We are only 3 hours from KC (232 miles away). You can play in the SEC and drive home on the weekend's to hang out with Mama and get home cooked meals. Athens and Baton Rouge are a bit far. Sure Georgia they played in the national title this year, but Danny Sheridan says we should be right there with them at about the time you would be fully entrenched as a starter. Just think it over my man.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mario-Goodrich-99802/RecruitInterests

imtad16

aloha_kid

Quote from: imtad16 on January 21, 2018, 08:55:49 pm
Mario Goodrich's 247 profile now says he is visiting us Feb. 2. It also says he is visiting Florida Feb. 2.

247 no longer has Florida getting a visit.

King Kong

If Mark Smith gets this kid he will become everyone's favorite new Asst Coach

Hogindasticks

I wanna see what Chavis can do in coaching him up!  :)

imtad16

Does anyone know if the previous staff was working on Goodrich?

Hogindasticks

video was ugly....that kid is faaast.

VBMark

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 31, 2017, 01:01:43 pm
Soccer doesn't count............

They actually play Gaelic football. It is very similar to Australian rules football. In fact, the two leagues have an international match every couple of years. Gaelic football is by far the most watched sport, followed by hurling. Both are well ahead of that other "football." Oh, and rugby is catching up on soccer.

Sorry for the digression.

In other news, since BWA being the Basketball Palace of Mid-America makes it in the midwest, I guess we should all let the Hot Springs folks know they are in the midwest as well. Gee willickers, they have the Mid-America Science Museum there. Wonder who else gets the news.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field