Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mario Goodrich Offered

Started by Tim Harris, December 28, 2017, 10:24:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

Not sure if we have a chance or not but I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mario-Goodrich-46036458

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 28, 2017, 10:24:57 am
Not sure if we have a chance or not but I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mario-Goodrich-46036458

Kind of late in the game, but would like to see us get into KC-area recruits. Any idea whether we're recruiting him as Receiver or Corner?

AirWarren

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 28, 2017, 10:54:18 am
Kind of late in the game, but would like to see us get into KC-area recruits. Any idea whether we're recruiting him as Receiver or Corner?

Getting into that KC area would be good.....as well as getting our stamp strong back in the Tulsa area as well. That's really the only two Midwest areas that I would hit hard right now. I would stay away from Midwest areas like Fayetteville high for a while.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 11:02:37 am
Getting into that KC area would be good.....as well as getting our stamp strong back in the Tulsa area as well. That's really the only two Midwest areas that I would hit hard right now. I would stay away from Midwest areas like Fayetteville high for a while.

You just can't help yourself, lol.

artvandelay

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 11:02:37 am
Fayetteville = Midwest not south.

artvandelay

Quote from: artvandelay on December 28, 2017, 11:09:47 am
Fayetteville = Midwest not south.
Let me log in to my other account from 2007

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2017, 11:06:38 am
You just can't help yourself, lol.

What are you talking about? haha. I am burned out on purple dogs being all over the field for our hogs!

artvandelay

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 11:11:23 am
What are you talking about? haha. I am burned out on purple dogs being all over the field for our hogs!
I agree and Dawson only sticks around when there is talent.  Ask him where he went in Nashville when they had a drop in talent and then suddenly wanted to coach there again.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: artvandelay on December 28, 2017, 11:09:47 am
Fayetteville = Midwest Arkansas not south.

Some of you people need to grow up. Who the hell cares about South/Midwest? Arkansas is a little of both. We're west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon line. We're unique because we're both. Why do we need to be somebody else?

artvandelay

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 28, 2017, 11:15:35 am
Some of you people need to grow up. Who the hell cares about South/Midwest? Arkansas is a little of both. We're west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon line. We're unique because we're both. Why do we need to be somebody else?
Apparently you!

AirWarren

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 28, 2017, 11:15:35 am

Take it easy.

I had no idea this was going to turn into a feelings fest when I put that post in here.

artvandelay

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 11:19:04 am
Take it easy.

I had no idea this was going to turn into a feelings fest when I put that post in here.
I did and let me get that tissue out. 

jackflash

I for one don't care where  our talent comes from just that we get some

Pudgepork

Quote from: jackflash on December 28, 2017, 11:28:33 am
I for one don't care where  our talent comes from just that we get some

I hope you are.more choosy when it comes to coochie-coo

247Hog

Could see our best chance to replace Ole Miss and get their Official visit. Hope it happens.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

31to6

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 28, 2017, 10:54:18 am
No idea what we are offering as but the kid is an absolute stud. Very versatile athlete.

Agree that Hogs could benefit from a presence in KC. HS football has been steadily improving up here for the last few years. Nowhere near the investment that it gets in the South, but that just means they show up on college needing a bit more development.

The good thing is that KC isn't really "home turf" for any one school and there is a large and growing population of Hog fans.  Nothing like Dallas but many ppl here from Ark and many who send their kids to the hill.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 31to6 on December 28, 2017, 11:52:50 am
No idea what we are offering as but the kid is an absolute stud. Very versatile athlete.

Agree that Hogs could benefit from a presence in KC. HS football has been steadily improving up here for the last few years. Nowhere near the investment that it gets in the South, but that just means they show up on college needing a bit more development.

The good thing is that KC isn't really "home turf" for any one school and there is a large and growing population of Hog fans.  Nothing like Dallas but many ppl here from Ark and many who send their kids to the hill.
KC person here..lol

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on December 28, 2017, 11:52:50 am

Yep, several of my kids classmates have been from the K.C. area.

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
Yep, several of my kids classmates have been from the K.C. area.
3:30 drive, reasonable out of state tuition rates and the dramatically improved academic standing are all attractive. I bump into parents who have kids playing non-revenue sports a lot too.

We have much better overall facilities and support for the entire athletic department than any other close school except for Nebraska and we are on par with them, depending on the sport.

pigture perfect

I've got a couple of nephews up in KC that are Huge Hog football fans, but I can't convert them to be Hog Hoops fans. They are Duke fans, bleh.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

AirWarren

Quote from: 31to6 on December 28, 2017, 12:14:48 pm
3:30 drive, reasonable out of state tuition rates and the dramatically improved academic standing are all attractive. I bump into parents who have kids playing non-revenue sports a lot too.

We have much better overall facilities and support for the entire athletic department than any other close school except for Nebraska and we are on par with them, depending on the sport.

I would think Iowa picks a lot of kids from that KC area as well.

I always laugh at people who critique Manhattan, KS and Lawrence, KS and how hard it is to recruit there. Manhattan is 2 hours from KC and Lawrence is 41 minutes. KC is a large metro area that provides a lot of entertainment for college age kids. I imagine it's not as hard to recruit to those places as some think.

Kevin

love the fact this staff will take their swings.

is ole miss still cheating or what? good grief
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Kevin on December 28, 2017, 01:08:53 pm
love the fact this staff will take their swings.

is ole miss still cheating or what? good grief

This, can't make headway with top tier recruits if you don't start getting on the radar with them, their coaches, their schools, and their cities.  Probably will get a lot of "No's" to start but if the staff keeps working it will get some "Yes's" then some positive momentum.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Richard Davenport

Former Hog OL Limbo Parks is an assistant at the school.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 28, 2017, 01:18:08 pm
Former Hog OL Limbo Parks is an assistant at the school.

That can't hurt. Any idea if we'll get a visit?

Warrior Way 22

Offer as much talent as you can and hope some of them get on board. Good philosophy for a coach climbing the ladder to a bigger school.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

RazorPiggie

KC for some reason doesn't produce as much talent as you think it would.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 12:33:14 pm
I would think Iowa picks a lot of kids from that KC area as well.

I always laugh at people who critique Manhattan, KS and Lawrence, KS and how hard it is to recruit there. Manhattan is 2 hours from KC and Lawrence is 41 minutes. KC is a large metro area that provides a lot of entertainment for college age kids. I imagine it's not as hard to recruit to those places as some think.

we gotta get you to this area more often... manhattan sucks.. lawrence isnt bad...

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 28, 2017, 04:14:30 pm
KC for some reason doesn't produce as much talent as you think it would.

We're not going to make our living mining talent out of Missouri, that's going to be Texas and Louisiana. But Missouri produces as much NFL talent as Mississippi and no one really seems to dominate Missouri recruiting. We can get some kids out of there if we maintain a presence.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 28, 2017, 04:39:41 pm
we gotta get you to this area more often... manhattan sucks.. lawrence isnt bad...

Man.....Little Rock is a little to far north for me.....

Once I start getting passed Conway. My skin crawls haha.

theFlyingHog

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 07:26:46 pm

Wow

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 07:26:46 pm

lmao... im sure this will upset some..

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 28, 2017, 05:10:39 pm
We're not going to make our living mining talent out of Missouri, that's going to be Texas and Louisiana. But Missouri produces as much NFL talent as Mississippi and no one really seems to dominate Missouri recruiting. We can get some kids out of there if we maintain a presence.

I've posted similar thoughts for years. I don't understand why we haven't been trying to have more of a presents in the state.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 29, 2017, 09:26:03 am
I've posted similar thoughts for years. I don't understand why we haven't been trying to have more of a presents in the state.

Because there really isn't much in the state. They don't produce as much as you'd think they would.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 29, 2017, 09:29:14 am
Because there really isn't much in the state. They don't produce as much as you'd think they would.

Missouri typically produces 15-20 players a year that sign with P5 schools, and Mizzou typically signs about 6-8 of them. There's no reason we can't get a couple of kids every year out of Missouri given proximity to Fayetteville.

ricepig

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 29, 2017, 09:46:30 am
Missouri typically produces 15-20 players a year that sign with P5 schools, and Mizzou typically signs about 6-8 of them. There's no reason we can't get a couple of kids every year out of Missouri given proximity to Fayetteville.

We used to get a player or two from Shawnee Mission, or other Overland Park schools, so it seemed. We tried for a TE up there, went to Florida, I think. He was kinda to some coach I thought??

Kevin

van horn recruits well up there, maybe football can to.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawghiggs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 29, 2017, 09:29:14 am
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MO

I guess Ohio State, Michigan, SoCal, and Oklahoma are just wasting their time.

uncle bubs

I've shown my Midwestern friends threads like this that insinuate NWA as the Midwest and they get a kick out of it. Put it to bed, NWA ain't the Midwest, at least according to actual Midwesterns. I've lived in Little Rock, Middle Tennessee, and NWA, and there isn't much difference. Such nonsense.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 11:26:12 am
We used to get a player or two from Shawnee Mission, or other Overland Park schools, so it seemed. We tried for a TE up there, went to Florida, I think. He was kinda to some coach I thought??

Kind to..? Kin to..? Kind of..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ICEman

December 30, 2017, 07:59:51 am #41 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:45:55 am by ICEman
John McDonnell found some of his best recruits in Missouri. Joe Falcon was one of the all time best thin clads.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ICEman on December 30, 2017, 07:59:51 am
John McDonnell found some of his best recruits in Missouri. Joe Falcon was one of all time best thin lads.

Maybe he knows some good football players in Ireland as well........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ICEman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2017, 08:41:48 am
Maybe he knows some good football players in Ireland as well........................
They definitely play a good brand of football on the Emerald Isle.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

ricepig

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ICEman on December 30, 2017, 09:47:06 am
They definitely play a good brand of football on the Emerald Isle.

Soccer doesn't count............ 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 29, 2017, 10:55:11 pm
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MO

I guess Ohio State, Michigan, SoCal, and Oklahoma are just wasting their time.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t recruit there. Just saying there isn’t as many top talented guys in Missouri as you’d think. Especially in the KC area. I’m surprised there’s that many 4* guys from the St Louis area this year.

VBMark

Quote from: AP85 on December 28, 2017, 11:11:23 am

So you want Dre Greenlaw to get benched?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field