Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fans voting on best quarterback on one of the pre-draft shows tonight

Started by JIHawg, April 27, 2011, 08:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

The commentator said you might be surprised, then cut to commercial.  They seemed shocked at the voting.

The results-Newton, 26%, Gabbert 25%, Mallett-49%.

Funny how fans have it figured out, but the ESPN talking heads just can't seem to get it.

Houston h

Just shows the country of football fans know more about the game than the "experts"....

Lake City Hog

A whole lot of people have watched him dissect some of the best defenses in college football and truly feel that he is the best QB coming out.
It may also be showing ESPN that people are tired of the constant piling on of Ryan Mallett. Some fans may be pulling more for him than they normally would just because of the way that the media has treated him.

pigzwillrise

rndlldk

dacskc

On the NFL network...Path to the Draft, maybe...I saw it earlier, but they're all running together at this point.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: dacskc on April 27, 2011, 09:58:43 pm
On the NFL network...Path to the Draft, maybe...I saw it earlier, but they're all running together at this point.

Yes, that's where this poll came from...I'm assuming that's what you're asking.

Also, Jamie Dukes said today that his draft day "bust" (I'm pretty sure that's the word he used) was Mallett.  He meant it as a positive.  He said Miami's continued interest is some validation for Mallett.  He said he's heard some teams interested and that he wouldnt be surprised if someone moved up into top 10 to get him...specifically suggested the Redskins and Vikings as suitors.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cerdoman

I'll be glad when the draft is over, if it was a month away Mallett would be projected for the low fourth round and rumors he killed Kennedy. I just can't understand why Cam Newton is project for the first person picked in the draft or 1st quarterback. What a waste of good money.

scootman

A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

redeye

Anyone else notice how Mallett always wins polls like this? Either the fans know better then the experts or they're just willing to be honest.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Danny J

Quote from: redeye on April 28, 2011, 01:13:33 am
Anyone else notice how Mallett always wins polls like this? Either the fans know better then the experts or they're just willing to be honest.
To be honest it seems any poll these days where arkansas or former arkansas players are mentioned....we win. We even dominate a few of them. Phil steele can attest to that.

Hogz87

You mean the quarterback with the best arm, the one who can make all the throws, and the one that put up the best numbers in the best conference in a pro-style offense is viewed as the best quarterback in this class?  Shocking. 

nosferatu

Quote from: cerdoman on April 27, 2011, 10:09:45 pm
I'll be glad when the draft is over, if it was a month away Mallett would be projected for the low fourth round and rumors he killed Kennedy. I just can't understand why Cam Newton is project for the first person picked in the draft or 1st quarterback. What a waste of good money.

Cam Newton has the potential of being a bigger bust than Jamarcus Russell. i never thought that that would ever be possible. but with the way that he has been hyped up into a potential #1 overall pick, what Cam Newton's agent has done could be considered one of the greatest achievements ever accomplished by mankind.
"When you're on the mound and you feel like you can murder someone's soul out there, failure isn't an option." - Brian Wilson

Danny J

Quote from: nosferatu on April 28, 2011, 02:24:39 am
Cam Newton has the potential of being a bigger bust than Jamarcus Russell. i never thought that that would ever be possible. but with the way that he has been hyped up into a potential #1 overall pick, what Cam Newton's agent has done could be considered one of the greatest achievements ever accomplished by mankind.
Totally agree. They would be drafting on nothing more than potential and I am not sure what that potential really is. He will not be able to run over linebackers in the NFL. He is not really fast at all. He has no experience as a drop back passer. He has no experience reading defenses and audibling. Has no experience memorizing compex routes and trees. During the gruden camp he had the sam and will linebackers flip flopped. Like I said.....not sure what his potential really is other than tightend.

jdhogster

Hope Ron Rivera enjoys his cup of coffee in the big boy chair.  Ask Josh McDaniels how it tasted after drafting Tebow.

yraciv

Quote from: headhawg7 on April 28, 2011, 02:09:54 am
To be honest it seems any poll these days where arkansas or former arkansas players are mentioned....we win. We even dominate a few of them. Phil steele can attest to that.

Phil Steele polls, a message board can sway rather easily. Now ESPN polls that is a hole different story. Here is a QB ranker poll up on ESPN, and you guessed it, look who is winning again. There are a lot non homers that are agreeing with what all of us on here are saying about Mallett.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=3&listId=867

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: jdhogster on April 28, 2011, 10:50:37 am
Hope Ron Rivera enjoys his cup of coffee in the big boy chair.  Ask Josh McDaniels how it tasted after drafting Tebow.

For Rivera, it might be more like "the big chair" if he makes the wrong choice.

Pigdiana Jones

RM is the best QB talent in this draft, period. There is no discussion.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

BRHogfan

If you go to Sports Nation even on ESPN.

Look at the polls

57% say NO Cam Newton will not be successful in the NFL

Which player reportedly under consideration for the Carolina Panthers 1st pick would be the safest pick at #1?

Marcel Dareus - 28%
A.J. Green - 18%
Cam Newton - 16%
Patrick Peterson - 38%

Cam even came in 3rd in the state of Alabama.

Will Blaine Gabbert be one of the 1st 5 picks in the NFL Draft

61% say NO

Which Auburn player will fair better in the NFL?

77% Nick Fairley vs. Cam with 23%

The only thing Cam has going for him is "Upside"

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 28, 2011, 02:21:19 am
You mean the quarterback with the best arm, the one who can make all the throws, and the one that put up the best numbers in the best conference in a pro-style offense is viewed as the best quarterback in this class?  Shocking. 

Exactly.  Not hard to figure out if they'd quit trying so damn hard.

pigskenG

Since this is this coaching staffs first year, they figure they won't be fired at the end of this season. So pick Newton, spend all year trying to figure out what to do with him, then you can pick a QB next year when Carolina picks in the top 3, and then you can move Newton to TE where he belongs.