Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs are...

Started by Iwastherein1969, November 17, 2017, 03:00:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

12 to 12.5 point favorites tonight v FSU...I suspect a tight game with the Hogs and their superior depth drawing off (to borrow a horse racing term) the last 1/16th of a mile to either cover or come close to doing so.....not a betting game for sure
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2017, 03:00:45 pm
12 to 12.5 point favorites tonight v FSU...I suspect a tight game with the Hogs and their superior depth drawing off (to borrow a horse racing term) the last 1/16th of a mile to either cover or come close to doing so.....not a betting game for sure

Hogs don't have superior depth. Fresno goes nine deep and has four guys averaging double digits in scoring and 2 guys averaging 9.5 ppg. This is an experience team with good guard play. I agree with you that the 12.5 line is generous but the Hogs have passed the eye test in their first two games and tonight we will learn a little more about our team.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Fan701

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2017, 03:00:45 pm
Depth?  We could only wish!

Hawg Red

It's weird that I was super conservative about my expectations vs Samford and Bucknell, but I'm fully confident against Fresno State. I see the Hogs by close to 20 or more.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 03:43:07 pm
Hogs don't have superior depth. Fresno goes nine deep and has four guys averaging double digits in scoring and 2 guys averaging 9.5 ppg. This is an experience team with good guard play. I agree with you that the 12.5 line is generous but the Hogs have passed the eye test in their first two games and tonight we will learn a little more about our team.
depends on what you define as quality depth....anyone can sit down there on the bench...it's what your ass does when you get into the game...I still say, no matter what you two green horns who've never played the game assert, the hogs have superior depth

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 17, 2017, 05:36:31 pm
It's weird that I was super conservative about my expectations vs Samford and Bucknell, but I'm fully confident against Fresno State. I see the Hogs by close to 20 or more.

We're screwed...

Iwastherein1969

looked up the rosters and 2017 stats for FSU and UA...both teams have 9 players averaging double figure minutes a game...HOWEVER, our  7-9 players are more productive....so before you go shooting off your mouths, do a bit of research

old_school_hawg

I think it would be disappointing if we don't administer a 25 point beat down tonight. I think these hogs are for real and will not let them in it all night long. WPS!!! I think this is the year we return to prominence. Haven't been this confident since about '97
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2017, 06:06:49 pm
looked up the rosters and 2017 stats for FSU and UA...both teams have 9 players averaging double figure minutes a game...HOWEVER, our  7-9 players are more productive....so before you go shooting off your mouths, do a bit of research

Go Hogs! Hope they are as feisty as you are tonite!  ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 06:43:26 pm
Go Hogs! Hope they are as feisty as you are tonite!  ;)
Young Master Gaffords was as feisty...if the kid gets any more feisty, I feel for opposing centers in the SEC...looking right at you, John Calipari...revenge is a dish best served cold...it's usually very cold in Fayetteville on February 20th

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2017, 10:36:26 pm
Young Master Gaffords was as feisty...if the kid gets any more feisty, I feel for opposing centers in the SEC...looking right at you, John Calipari...revenge is a dish best served cold...it's usually very cold in Fayetteville on February 20th

I thought that the consensus was that Gafford was not going to be ready to contribute offensively. Dude has been awesome and will only get better.
Hogs up! Covid down!

King

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 10:54:22 pm
I thought that the consensus was that Gafford was not going to be ready to contribute offensively. Dude has been awesome and will only get better.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how losing Kingsley, Hannahs, and Wartins makes us the 7th best team rather than 3-4 like last year. Gafford is turning out to be the biggest way we are underestimated.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 10:54:22 pm

Many people wondered how would the Hogs replace Kingsley. However, this team his more chemistry with Gafford than they ever had with Kingsley.

John Snow

Kingsley looked like he forgot how to play basketball until mid February and Dusty helped bail us out for wins late the first two months of SEC play. But somehow Kingsley's got all SEC honors for playing good for one month in SEC intead of Dusty.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: John Snow on November 17, 2017, 11:29:14 pm
Kingsley looked like he forgot how to play basketball until mid February and Dusty helped bail us out for wins late the first two months of SEC play. But somehow Kingsley's got all SEC honors for playing good for one month in SEC intead of Dusty.

There were a lot of good shooting guards in the sec last year
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

mhuff

Quote from: John Snow on November 17, 2017, 11:29:14 pm

Probably would be interesting to see how many touches Kingsley got in comparison to what Gafford is getting.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: mhuff on November 18, 2017, 04:14:28 am
Probably would be interesting to see how many touches Kingsley got in comparison to what Gafford is getting.

Kingsley would act like a little girl if he was not getting touches and scoring a lot.  Do not get me wrong, I loved Kingsley and he did a lot of great things for us and will always wish him the best in whatever he does going forward, but I absolutely love the way Gafford runs the floor and gets back on defense, such a high motor the entire time he is on the floor and does not take any time off of giving 110% effort based on how his offensive game is going, something we did not see with Moses. 

Gafford has also really surprised myself and most everyone on here with his early play on offense, and I am now at the point where I predict he will finish right around or higher in points per game compared to what Moses did in his senior year.  So we should not see any drop off in offensive production from that position.
SCREW Vandy!

TexArkHogFan

Once Gafford got on a roll, it seems they were trying hard to get him the ball.  I think the other guys know Gafford is gonna be the glue that holds this team together.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming