Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Anyone Else....

Started by lynbug, January 28, 2017, 06:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

hear the commentators talking about how Brad Underwood did a total overhaul of his team  2-3 games ago.  What he was doing wasn't working. They were previously in the Big 12 basement.  Now they're 2-3 spots higher.  Seeing a totally different Arkansas team today makes me wonder....how much time do they spend on the scouting reports.  Did they only look at what had been happening 3-4 games ago with OkState.  The point here is that I wish MA was more flexible with strategy (if he has one).  It seems like every coach probably has their favorite offensive and defensive strategy.  However doesn't it need to be tweeked from game to game.  Yeah, we got some bad calls but not enough to cover our lack of preparedness.  Feel free to correct me if you think I'm totally off base.

hogsanity

Mike does not watch film, at least not alot of it. HE wants to play HIS game, regardless of what the opponent does.  That is why they do very well against teams with weak guards, and get killed when they play good guards. Good guards can shred the Hogs D, and everyone knows it.

I head an interview about OSU earlier this week. Underwood went to more zone even though he does not like zone defense, because it fits his players. And they are on a 3 game winning streak now and just throttled a 16-4 Hog team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lynbug

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2017, 06:57:18 pm
Mike does not watch film, at least not alot of it. HE wants to play HIS game, regardless of what the opponent does.  That is why they do very well against teams with weak guards, and get killed when they play good guards. Good guards can shred the Hogs D, and everyone knows it.

I head an interview about OSU earlier this week. Underwood went to more zone even though he does not like zone defense, because it fits his players. And they are on a 3 game winning streak and just throttled a 16-4 Hog team.
This is the mark of a coach that is willing to do whatever it takes to win.