Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hotel Accommodations for Ole Miss game?

Started by Doug, October 12, 2010, 02:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

October 12, 2010, 02:17:11 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:19:19 pm by Douglas
There's still a few of us that are coming from out of state for the Ole Miss game, and are starting to find that Hotel Rooms are harder and harder to find, especially close to the stadiums.

Does anyone have any connections to get good rates?  I'm looking for myself, however, I know that there are others that would benefit, as well.

Given my vision issues, I cannot drive (yes, I know that I can do taxis all over), however, I also have a few work-related appointments around the stadium, so I need to be as centrally located as possible to help reduce transportation expenses.

Barring this, if there's any of the more respected members willing to let me crash at your place, I can throw a few bucks your way, as well.  :D

So how about it, Hog fans?  Anyone got connections that can help us out-of-staters that are coming in?

(I arrive on the evening of the 20th and depart the 24th).

Any parties going on, outside of the usual haunts (I know about the Friday stuff), but would love to meet as many hog fans as possible.  I definitely have Foghorn's scheduled the Friday before.

Feel free to PM me, as well.  :)

Thanks!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Mo_Better_Hogs

A friend of mine stayed in Springdale, right on the highway. Got his reservation the week OF the Bama game.

Do hotels that are a ways out have 'shuttles'??

DSmithNPS

I am staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Walking distance to Dickson Street activities!

Dwight_K_Shrute

October 12, 2010, 02:36:47 pm #3 Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:41:24 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
Douglas,  you should go to Craigslist.  In the search field type in bear lodging.  You will have many options to choose from.  Or just create a listing, Bear seeks lodging.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Uncle_dad

Quote from: Douglas on October 12, 2010, 02:17:11 pm

Feel free to PM me, as well.  :)

Thanks!

PM the Bear?  What's this world coming to?

Inhogswetrust

October 12, 2010, 03:17:19 pm #5 Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:29:35 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2010, 02:36:47 pm
Douglas,  you should go to Craigslist.  In the search field type in bear lodging.  You will have many options to choose from.  Or just create a listing, Bear seeks lodging.
So where do the Landsharks stay? I don't think there is an aquarium nearby. :)
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi