Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herman's in Fayetteville

Started by TX HOG, August 12, 2015, 03:07:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

I was looking the Chive yesterday. It listed the top BBQ joints in the nation. Herman's was #6 in nation. I've never eaten there, guess next time we're up hat way we'll have to check it out. From those of you that have eaten there is it THAT good??

ricepig

It's good, but I don't put it in the BBQ genre. The ribs are very good, or have been the last several years I've eaten there. They also have a great omelet, and some of our group have had the filet and raved on it. I personally choose other places in town to eat a steak. As someone who attend during the late 70's, it just sort of local, like Hugo's that I have to eat at once or twice a season.

yraciv

It's good and a great meal, but it certainly isn't a BBQ place. I get steak, hamburger steak, or a burger 80% of the time I'm in there. The ribs and bbq are a notch above average if you ask me.  Then again it has been a couple years.

HawgWild

Herman's omelet! I remember when Derek "invented" the Derek @ Hugo's. What was that, 35 years ago?

rcopela

My personal favorite Filet in town, I get the garlic sauce on the side. They have an omelet called the "Dustin" that's unbelievable, has shrimp and tenderloin together & is epic...

TX HOG

majestic

I've never thought of Herman's as a BBQ place.  Also, the last few times I've been in there, I have a received a perfectly cooked steak with no flavor whatsoever. 
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

bigstyx

Other than the fact that they serve ribs, I don't see how you could possibly classify it as a BBQ place. I highly doubt they ever set foot inside.

pigture perfect

Quote from: majestic on August 13, 2015, 05:58:10 pm
I've never thought of Herman's as a BBQ place.  Also, the last few times I've been in there, I have a received a perfectly cooked steak with no flavor whatsoever. 
How do you get a perfectly cooked steak that has no flavor? Isn't the place pretty expensive as well?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

majestic

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 22, 2015, 04:54:57 pm
How do you get a perfectly cooked steak that has no flavor? Isn't the place pretty expensive as well?
You know, because they didn't season it at all.  It's moderately expensive.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

I missed it cause I was a homer for AQ Chicken back when I lived in NAM.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.