Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big green egg saturday

Started by PharmacistHog, August 03, 2014, 12:50:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Felt like cooking so fired up the egg. Cooked some ribs, a pork loin, and some pulled pork stuffed potates.

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boarcephus

Did this today.  Shrimp, crab legs and a ribeye...

[attachment deleted by admin]
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Just seeing this, you boys have made me hungry!

Good job!

DeltaBoy

Sweet Baby Jesus that looks Good.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dhornjr1

God, that pork loin looks good.

PharmacistHog

Thanks guys. I did ribs yesterday for a friend. I'll post some pics tomorrow. They weren't as "pretty" as the previous but MAN! they were good. WAY better than previous effort.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PharmacistHog

Strip loin on the egg ( and pork loin too).

Boog41

Pharm, just always curious. Rub used, weight of each, temp and time cooked??? Those look so good!! +1

PharmacistHog

I'll give details when get to my computer at work.

hogsrule44

Looks great. Would love to know that rub also!

PharmacistHog

The beef was a 5lb strip loin roast.  New York strip steaks were on sale so I had them just cut me a 5lb roast.  I made a rub that I just kinda threw together.  I picked some rosemary out of the flowerbed and mixed it with sea salt, some turbinado sugar, and lemon pepper.  I put all that in my coffee grinder and ground it fine.  I rubbed the roast with parkay squeeze butter and then applied that rub.  With the pork it was just a loin that I cut in half and rubbed it with dizzy pig ragin' river.  I put them both on the egg between 225 and 250.  Cooked the beef til it hit 115 degrees and the pork to 140.  I pulled them and lightly tented some foil over them.  Pulled my platesetter/heat deflector.  Cranked egg to about 550 or 600.  Threw them back on for about a minute each side.  Then let them rest for about 10 minutes.  Sorry for the novel. 

PharmacistHog

I cut the other half of the loin into chops for last night. Just sliced them and sprinkled with strawberrys rub. Cooked them at 450.

Boog41

Quote from: PharmacistHog on September 10, 2014, 10:06:34 am
The beef was a 5lb strip loin roast.  New York strip steaks were on sale so I had them just cut me a 5lb roast.  I made a rub that I just kinda threw together.  I picked some rosemary out of the flowerbed and mixed it with sea salt, some turbinado sugar, and lemon pepper.  I put all that in my coffee grinder and ground it fine.  I rubbed the roast with parkay squeeze butter and then applied that rub.  With the pork it was just a loin that I cut in half and rubbed it with dizzy pig ragin' river.  I put them both on the egg between 225 and 250.  Cooked the beef til it hit 115 degrees and the pork to 140.  I pulled them and lightly tented some foil over them.  Pulled my platesetter/heat deflector.  Cranked egg to about 550 or 600.  Threw them back on for about a minute each side.  Then let them rest for about 10 minutes.  Sorry for the novel. 

Nothing to apologize about. That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

DeltaBoy

hogcard1964

I'm trying my hand at these ribs.

Thanks Pharm.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2015, 04:21:08 pm
I'm trying my hand at these ribs.

Thanks Pharm.

Those are pork ribs. Rubbed and 275 for about four or five hours. The recipe I gave you was for beef short ribs ( or back ribs would work).

PorkRinds

I just got a bbq boner. That strip roast  looked amazing! I may have to try one.