Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mississippi State Sin....Good Stuff

Started by bigiron, August 31, 2007, 08:52:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigiron

August 31, 2007, 08:52:38 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:21:10 pm by bigiron
As an MSU alum ('97) and a current Arkansas grad student, I would like to share one of my favorite tailgating foods.

Mississippi State Sin

* 1 loaf of French bread
* 1.5 cups of sour cream
* 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz.)
* 1/3 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 cup chopped ham
* 1/3 cup chopped green chilies
* a dash of Worcestershire sauce

Slice off top of bread and hollow out inside.
Mix all ingredients.
Pour in to hollowed bread and put top back on bread.
Wrap in foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
Serve as a dip with the bread, crackers, or chips.

Make it spicier with more chilies and cayenne.  Throw it on the grill wrapped in foil to warm it up.  Fantastic!

GHG..... :razorback:

T-hawg

So, what is that about 100 calories a serving??

That looks very good, but I feel I would need to drop the kids off at the pool after eating that.

Will have to try that though!

nice post! +1 to ya.  8)
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

PigPusher

bigiron that sounds really good.  Thanks for sharing.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dhornjr1

I've been meaning to try this for a while. I'm gonna have to break down and do it.

DeltaBoy

Amen to that I am going shopping tomorrow and will try it if the wife not with me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

dhornjr1

Bumping this one. It's been over five years. Time to do it again.

BR

Mississippi Dip

Ingredients:

16oz sour cream
8oz cream cheese, softened
2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped ham
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
16 oz French bread loaf

Instructions:

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except French bread; stirring until well blended.
Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge, to cut out center of bread. Lift out center of loaf. Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip. Wrap loaf with foil.

Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

It is a SIN not to make it during Football season.

dhornjr1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2015, 08:40:44 am
It is a SIN not to make it during Football season.

The stuff is so rich it just about kills you. But, man it's good.

DeltaBoy

Time to make it again for the Super Bowl!

CabotHog87

Quote from: BR on December 28, 2014, 09:07:08 am

Mississippi Dip

Ingredients:

16oz sour cream
8oz cream cheese, softened
2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped ham
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
16 oz French bread loaf

Instructions:

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except French bread; stirring until well blended.
Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge, to cut out center of bread. Lift out center of loaf. Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip. Wrap loaf with foil.

Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips

Made this on Friday. Turned out excellent. Thanks BR!

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Silence O the Hams

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 10:16:32 am
It sure is real good !

My wife makes essentially the same thing but her family calls it Texas sin dip, course they are from TX.  Maybe other states claim this recipe as well too?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on February 19, 2015, 10:42:31 am
My wife makes essentially the same thing but her family calls it Texas sin dip, course they are from TX.  Maybe other states claim this recipe as well too?

Yep and down here I gotten it with various chilies mixed in with crumbled bacon.

Silence O the Hams

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 20, 2015, 10:16:30 am
Yep and down here I gotten it with various chilies mixed in with crumbled bacon.

I say add the bacon and we just call it Arkansas Sludge?  That doesn't sound too appetizing tho.  Maybe Arkansas Devil Dip.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on February 22, 2015, 01:54:59 pm
I say add the bacon and we just call it Arkansas Sludge?  That doesn't sound too appetizing tho.  Maybe Arkansas Devil Dip.

I went to a Sunday School Party last fall and the Aggies had a version and it was great till 6 hours later when you started the Rest Room relays.  It had Jap, Serrano and a single Scotch Bonnet in it.