Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 5th Major

Started by ricepig, May 11, 2017, 07:07:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Ok, there really isn't one, but they use to tout it as one, anyway, it's a tournament I like to watch because I've played the course a few times, and it usually gets a real good field. My choice for the winner, D.J.

Jackrabbit Hog

Bernhard Langer.

Seriously, he's under par right now.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

twoputtpar

Kevin Kizner or Jon Rahm

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 11, 2017, 08:05:21 am
Bernhard Langer.

Seriously, he's under par right now.

He will forget he has to play 4 days though

I say lingmerth.

Hawgndaaz

anyone have a PGA Live login I can borrow for the day?

Boarcephus

Bet Rahm is one hot sob today.  +9 on this round through 13 holes.  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogbud

Rough day today but I sure like watching Louis O swing the club

GolfNut57

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 13, 2017, 04:32:00 pm
Bet Rahm is one hot sob today.  +9 on this round through 13 holes.  ;)

I keep waiting to see him break a club on camera. The guy appears to be a smoldering hot head.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 13, 2017, 07:49:27 pm
I keep waiting to see him break a club on camera. The guy appears to be a smoldering hot head.

That's his reputation.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

onebadrubi

What is up with all the guys dropping out after yesterday and not playing today

Boarcephus

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 14, 2017, 12:52:49 pm
What is up with all the guys dropping out after yesterday and not playing today

That had another cut yesterday that Rahm missed. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 14, 2017, 01:16:48 pm
That had another cut yesterday that Rahm missed.

Oh I did not notice there was a second cut.

Boarcephus

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 14, 2017, 01:32:21 pm
Oh I did not notice there was a second cut.

They also made a 54 hole cut that took out several like Rahm, Lingmerth, Kuchar, Thomas and others. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 14, 2017, 02:52:48 pm
They also made a 54 hole cut that took out several like Rahm, Lingmerth, Kuchar, Thomas and others.

That's what my question was regarding and your previous answer

EastexHawg

If it's the 5th major that means Jack has 21.  The man still has more wins in the event than anyone despite it not being invented until he was 34 years old and in his 13th season on tour.

Hawgndaaz

I am not a huge Poulter fan, but Chamblee needs to go. What an asshat.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 16, 2017, 08:55:48 am

I missed it.  What did he do this time?

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 16, 2017, 08:55:48 am

I actually really like Poulter, but I've never liked Chamblee. Johnny Miller will be blunt, Brandel is a jackass.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 16, 2017, 02:04:11 pm

Paraphrasing, but said Poulter was playing for status/points down the stretch instead of playing to win. Just imagine it with all that Chamblee charm.
Go away, batin'

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 16, 2017, 02:04:11 pm

This sums it up pretty well. Basically Poults was set to lose his tour card. He was absolutely playing conservative in order to at least get a share of a top 5 finish and no one could blame him. I don't blame him at all. Chamblee needs to go, hes awful and disconnected.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/poulter-takes-issue-with-chamblee-comments/

hogbud

Chamblee was talking about great players executing great shots in clutch....Poulter not in great category so he was off base. Golf Chanel panel (Nobilo, Duval) seemed puzzled by his rant.

ricepig

Quote from: hogbud on May 16, 2017, 04:23:19 pm
Chamblee was talking about great players executing great shots in clutch....Poulter not in great category so he was off base. Golf Chanel panel (Nobilo, Duval) seemed puzzled by his rant.

Poulter's made a ton of critical putts in the Ryder Cup, I've hated him for those, haha.

hogbud

Great at match play for sure