Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Dickerson Updated (2014 Basketball)

Started by -Blu, February 18, 2014, 11:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

limousin

Trey Dickerson JUCO highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfZsccXWMI&feature=youtu.be

This kid looks good! Even though it is a highlight reel, he shows he is quick with the dribble, can create his own shot, attacks the rim and the defense, can shoot from NBA range, can distribute, and looks to be very comfortable in the transition game he would be leading if he were here. I hope we can get him and Atwood together.

KlubhouseKonnected

Hey Trey! Did it look like the Hogs were having fun tonight against Ole Miss? Join in.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 05, 2014, 09:03:25 pm
Hey Trey! Did it look like the Hogs were having fun tonight against Ole Miss? Join in.

Hopefully TD has ESPN3.

Adam Stokes

Haven't combed through the whole thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned.  Do we know when exactly he is looking to make a commitment?

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Illinihog on March 05, 2014, 11:40:25 am
Can we really afford to have many defections?  I know for APR reasons, we really need Clarke, Kikko, and Gulley to graduate.  I couldn't imagine if we had a few defections that would be good for the APR.
Kikko is a walk on so he won't help.  But are not all 5 seniors going to graduate

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 06, 2014, 12:04:06 pm
Haven't combed through the whole thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned.  Do we know when exactly he is looking to make a commitment?

When he and Atwood visit together I suspect soon afterwards.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mhuff

I could not get game. I did not have app or could get it for ESPN3. That score reminds me of yesteryear. Congrats to the team and MA. Some teams pull it together when tournament time approaches. I feel like we will win 24 games. We will beat Alabama there and win two games in the SEC tournament. MA has really done a fabulous job  recently in getting his team ready to play. It is easier to have confidence in him now than earlier in the season. He seems to be on a roll as well as the team.

Breems

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 06, 2014, 01:49:02 pm

Hope that's the case.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mhuff

Hope that is the case. I feel they both would help to fill voids.

-Blu

Dickerson just committed to Iowa

BTP Recruiting ‏@BTPRecruiting 1m
B1G for Iowa. Top 2014 JUCO PG RT @Dat_boy_TD: I AM A HAWKEYE IOWA BOUND !!!

And trying to get Atwood to come with him now.

Trey Dickerson ‏@Dat_boy_TD 2m
You next bro lets get it !!! @thelastchill hawkeyesssss

CDBHawg

Nipsey Mussle

I suspect he'll commit to Iowa.

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 08, 2014, 11:17:46 pm
I suspect he'll commit to Iowa.

I don't know man.... we will see.  To be honest with you now that I think of it, I've never seen Willie Atwood comment on playing with Trey Dickerson.  I just went and read all the articles I've seen with Atwood, and he didn't mention it in a single one, however in all of Dickerson's articles he mentions that he and Willie want to play together.  I know this may be a stretch, but is it possible that Trey was the one that really wanted to do this, and Willie just went along with it and didn't say anything?

JonClaudeVanHam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 11:48:47 pm
I don't know man.... we will see.  To be honest with you now that I think of it, I've never seen Willie Atwood comment on playing with Trey Dickerson.  I just went and read all the articles I've seen with Atwood, and he didn't mention it in a single one, however in all of Dickerson's articles he mentions that he and Willie want to play together.  I know this may be a stretch, but is it possible that Trey was the one that really wanted to do this, and Willie just went along with it and didn't say anything?
Sorry man, I was just being sarcastic in response to Bionic's post about Dickerson committing with Atwood after visiting here.
I believe we're in really good shape with Atwood. I think you make interesting points about Dickerson being more partial to playing with him and I wonder, how often do kids actually choose a school simply b/c they want to play together? I hear it talked about but it rarely seems to come to fruition.
From what I've read we have a good chance at Atwood and I hope so b/c he's a good fit for our system.
How many will we sign, Blu?

Breems

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 11:48:47 pm

Ahhhhh, a new twist. I'm going to write a book about this.

Atwood and Dickerson are in a clingy, dependent relationship, and Atwood wants out. Time for him to come to Arkansas.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 08, 2014, 11:57:21 pm
Sorry man, I was just being sarcastic in response to Bionic's post about Dickerson committing with Atwood after visiting here.
I believe we're in really good shape with Atwood. I think you make interesting points about Dickerson being more partial to playing with him and I wonder, how often do kids actually choose a school simply b/c they want to play together? I hear it talked about but it rarely seems to come to fruition.
From what I've read we have a good chance at Atwood and I hope so b/c he's a good fit for our system.
How many will we sign, Blu?

Honestly, this is what I think happens.  We will get another PG for sure, I think the staff is going to go all out to get us another, they've seen Madden is more of a 2 guard and he's gone after next year.  We need another PG, especially if Beard takes a little longer to develop.  I've been trying to find out more about this Jabril Durham kid, I seen on a pay board, one of the "recruiting analyst" there was saying he was more of target for us than Dickerson was, which is surprising, considering we haven't heard much about him, until a couple days ago.

And I think Atwood, was just such a good player we were going to take him no matter what if we had a shot with him considering he's an Arkansas kid, and has connections to Portis and Kingsley.  I honestly think if Atwood comes here JaCorey will be gone, and that's where the other scholarship would come from. It's just not enough room for that many forwards, and Jacorey would be the odd man out, and I can't see him sticking around to ride the bench another year.

So to sum it up.  I think we'll get a PG for sure, if Atwood doesn't come here, we won't pursue another forward and we'll stick with our guys we have now.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2014, 12:20:30 am
Honestly, this is what I think happens.  We will get another PG for sure, I think the staff is going to go all out to get us another, they've seen Madden is more of a 2 guard and he's gone after next year.  We need another PG, especially if Beard takes a little longer to develop.  I've been trying to find out more about this Jabril Durham kid, I seen on a pay board, one of the "recruiting analyst" there was saying he was more of target for us than Dickerson was, which is surprising, considering we haven't heard much about him, until a couple days ago.

And I think Atwood, was just such a good player we were going to take him no matter what if we had a shot with him considering he's an Arkansas kid, and has connections to Portis and Kingsley.  I honestly think if Atwood comes here JaCorey will be gone, and that's where the other scholarship would come from. It's just not enough room for that many forwards, and Jacorey would be the odd man out, and I can't see him sticking around to ride the bench another year.

So to sum it up.  I think we'll get a PG for sure, if Atwood doesn't come here, we won't pursue another forward and we'll stick with our guys we have now.
Is Durham the 5'11" PG I am thinking of or someone else we are after? Maybe a kid named Miller? The kid I am thinking of scores at a high clip and has great stats but that seems kind of small.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2014, 12:20:30 am

That's interesting, I really haven't followed recruiting besides seeing Beard/Thompson in person. MA has primarily gone after bigger guards since getting to the Hogs which is why Durham/Beard in the same class would surprise me a bit. That said, I am all for Durham if he can beat his man off the dribble. Any stats that you've found yet? Good 3 pt shooter? Are we still going after the 6'5 pg?

Assuming everyone stays except the seniors, we should have enough offense next season to justify having someone like Jacorey in the game...on the premise that he doesn't get carried away with thinking he's Jimmer Fredette like he tends to do.

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 09, 2014, 12:40:33 am
That's interesting, I really haven't followed recruiting besides seeing Beard/Thompson in person. MA has primarily gone after bigger guards since getting to the Hogs which is why Durham/Beard in the same class would surprise me a bit. That said, I am all for Durham if he can beat his man off the dribble. Any stats that you've found yet? Good 3 pt shooter? Are we still going after the 6'5 pg?

Assuming everyone stays except the seniors, we should have enough offense next season to justify having someone like Jacorey in the game...on the premise that he doesn't get carried away with thinking he's Jimmer Fredette like he tends to do.

Durham is a 44% 3 point shooter according to his stats, only concern is his JUCO team wasn't very good.  Hogfather posted his stats and video above for you to take a look.  And I believe the 6'5 guard your referring to is Purcell correct? I haven't heard much on him in a long time, he's more of a shooting guard.  As of about 2 weeks ago he interviewed with an Arkansas recruiting analyst and said Arkansas was recruiting him hard, so I don't know if he's still in the picture at this point or not.  My assumption would be, that we are really trying to get another true PG.  I think CMA and staff have looked at this team and seen we really need a guy that's a true PG that can distribute and get guys good shoots, when we're struggling.  The Alabama game is a good example, when struggling like that you need a floor general that can get guys easy shots and get control of the game.  While Ky madden is a good player, it's obvious he's a shooting guard filling in at PG, he's not great at getting others involved, he's more of a scorer.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 10:53:58 pm

Seemed more important to Dickerson to pick the school he wanted to go to instead of being teammates with Atwood since he committed to Iowa before Atwood has made his decision.

Hopefully Atwood feels the same way about it.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

HogWild94

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on March 09, 2014, 11:49:45 am
Seemed more important to Dickerson to pick the school he wanted to go to instead of being teammates with Atwood since he committed to Iowa before Atwood has made his decision.

Hopefully Atwood feels the same way about it.

Totally agree with you!
Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

HogWild94

Free article from Iowa's Scout site regarding Dickerson's commitment and Willie Atwood.

http://iowa.scout.com/2/1382302.html
Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2014, 08:51:16 am
Durham is a 44% 3 point shooter according to his stats, only concern is his JUCO team wasn't very good.  Hogfather posted his stats and video above for you to take a look.  And I believe the 6'5 guard your referring to is Purcell correct? I haven't heard much on him in a long time, he's more of a shooting guard.  As of about 2 weeks ago he interviewed with an Arkansas recruiting analyst and said Arkansas was recruiting him hard, so I don't know if he's still in the picture at this point or not.  My assumption would be, that we are really trying to get another true PG.  I think CMA and staff have looked at this team and seen we really need a guy that's a true PG that can distribute and get guys good shoots, when we're struggling.  The Alabama game is a good example, when struggling like that you need a floor general that can get guys easy shots and get control of the game. While Ky madden is a good player, it's obvious he's a shooting guard filling in at PG, he's not great at getting others involved, he's more of a scorer.

+1

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 10:53:58 pm

Told ya I didn't feel good about it. With a lack of a recruiter on this staff its going to continue to hurt us.

three hog night

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 10, 2014, 08:19:48 am
Told ya I didn't feel good about it. With a lack of a recruiter on this staff its going to continue to hurt us.

Who should we hire?  We need to do something.....
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

870hogfan

Quote from: three hog night on March 10, 2014, 08:50:44 am

Me personally Todd Day or try to lure Corlis Williamson in.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 10, 2014, 08:56:43 am

Me personally Todd Day or try to lure Corlis Williamson in.

Doubt Corliss would leave the NBA to come to Arkansas as an assistant. Not only that, is he really an ace recruiter, since he's been in the NBA instead of making connections recruiting? No clue how good Day is at recruiting either.

FineAsSwine

Iowa was on Dickerson since 2011. Uncle connection. After reading the article, seems pretty clear why we didn't get him.
Hogs up! Covid down!

RazorPiggie

March 10, 2014, 12:23:09 pm #181 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:33:43 pm by RazorPiggie (Matt D)
Quote from: three hog night on March 10, 2014, 08:50:44 am

I don't know? Assistant coaches in Basketball don't get the recognition like they do in football.

Here's an article for this years season about the 10 key assistant coaching hires.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/2013-14-season-preview-10-key-assistant-coaching-hires/

Another article from this September ranking the top 5 assistant coaches in each conference in D1.

http://nextuprecruits.com/2013/09/07/top-5-ncaa-assistant-coach-rankings-by-conference/

Would Steve Forbes be willing to come here? Former coach at Tenner now at Wichita State, was thought of at one time to be a top recruiter.