Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry named 1st team All American

Started by COCHISE, August 24, 2015, 10:11:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

Hakuna Matata

bigred223

Good for him, hopefully he will be a post season first team as well.

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

PorkRinds

We really need to use him more effectively than we did last season.  He's too good for us to not take full advantage of, and I kind of felt last year he wasn't fully utilized.

Hogs run wild

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 24, 2015, 10:45:20 am
We really need to use him more effectively than we did last season.  He's too good for us to not take full advantage of, and I kind of felt last year he wasn't fully utilized.
I agree that we need to use him more. The problem is when we needed to get the ball to him, other teams knew where we were throwing the ball, so the keyed onto HH. The addition of Reed going over the top, and the screen underneath will open up medium passes for Hunter.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 24, 2015, 11:03:30 am
I agree that we need to use him more. The problem is when we needed to get the ball to him, other teams knew where we were throwing the ball, so the keyed onto HH. The addition of Reed going over the top, and the screen underneath will open up medium passes for Hunter.

I agree.  He will hopefully be a monster in the middle of the field.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

hogcard1964

AugustaHog

It really is amazing that he had the number of clutch 3rd down conversion catches that he did last season.  Teams knew that they could key on Henry and Hatcher when it was 3rd and 7 and they were all over them.  Like the above posts have noted, I think we will see those guys have a little less attention because the D will have to honor our backs out of the backfield and some of the newer WRs like Reed and Jojo.  On paper our passing game has tons of potential.  I'm excited to see what it looks like in real life vs. UTEP!

PorkRinds

I'm also hoping we don't take the track of "not showing the offense" and really key in on the passing game during the non conference schedule.  They need the work, and the running game is already a given.  Not saying become a run and gun team for the non conference.  But just plowing through the non con teams and running every down would be a waste of good opportunity. 

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

bigdaddyhawg

I'm a little confused ... didn't ESPN name Henry as the second team All-SEC TE?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MrsThree

presidenthog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 24, 2015, 12:04:50 pm
I'm a little confused ... didn't ESPN name Henry as the second team All-SEC TE?
if your name is OJ howard. you can catch less than 3 passes a year and have less than 2 tds a year and be all sec to espn.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: presidenthog on August 24, 2015, 12:57:58 pm
if your name is OJ howard. you can catch less than 3 passes a year and have less than 2 tds a year and be all sec to espn.

That was what I was talking about.  Howard was their 1st team All-SEC TE, but HH is their first team AA??

And I can't even use the usual "ESPN simply hates us" chorus to explain it!!  Say it ain't so!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

wholehog92

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 24, 2015, 01:38:22 pm
That was what I was talking about.  Howard was their 1st team All-SEC TE, but HH is their first team AA??

And I can't even use the usual "ESPN simply hates us" chorus to explain it!!  Say it ain't so!!

Maybe they didn't realize AR was in the SEC when they wrote their All SEC list.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

snoblind

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 24, 2015, 01:41:43 pm
Maybe they didn't realize AR was in the SEC when they wrote their All SEC list.

The dude doing the AA team saw AR and thought Hunter played for Arizona.

;)

wholehog92

Quote from: snoblind on August 24, 2015, 01:54:49 pm
The dude doing the AA team saw AR and thought Hunter played for Arizona.

;)

I didn't even think to check the all Pac list for our guys.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.