Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Cleats This Year

Started by TebowHater, August 23, 2015, 06:08:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

I don't understand that reaction at all... I can only guess that darker cleats get warmer faster and they are cheering that their feet will remain cooler this year?

Other than some physical difference, I don't get the cheering about shoe color. Some fancy alternate uniform or something, sure. However, nobody pays attention to shoes. Basically akin to cheering that towels they use on the sideline are going from black to white or something or that the foam on the inside of their helmets will be a different color.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 23, 2015, 06:13:30 pm
I don't understand that reaction at all... I can only guess that darker cleats get warmer faster and they are cheering that their feet will remain cooler this year?

Other than some physical difference, I don't get the cheering about shoe color. Some fancy alternate uniform or something, sure. However, nobody pays attention to shoes. Basically akin to cheering that towels they use on the sideline are going from black to white or something or that the foam on the inside of their helmets will be a different color.

What sports did you ever play?

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/635582330887733248

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 23, 2015, 06:13:30 pm

Maybe it's something the players lobbied or asked for.

tophawg19

Billy Whiteshoes Johnson approves this move . i love them , and they make you look faster . Also can watch footwork easier so it's good for coaching .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bennyl08

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2015, 06:15:02 pm
What sports did you ever play?

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/635582330887733248

Soccer. I can only recall ever wearing dark colored cleats, and I remember my feet getting very warm. Also in backpacking and mountaineering my feet often get very warm and I have dark colored boots.

Hence, my first reaction was whether white colored cleats keep your feet cooler? However, knowledge of popular culture suggests a large foot fetish out there and that people are obsessed with what shoes they wear.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

(notOM)Rebel123

Never downplay the impact of the "white shoes"....Reno Hightower.

http://youtu.be/b44FCgewbdc
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

Who cares? Now if it helps the team feel better or more confident, then great, have at it. Otherwise, I prefer mouthpieces that are cardinal red because I am sure that will make a significant difference in the play of this team.
Go Hogs Go!

scruf

You can see Rohan Gaines in the front row saying, "Those white ones are cold."

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 06:24:01 pm
Who cares? Now if it helps the team feel better or more confident, then great, have at it. Otherwise, I prefer mouthpieces that are cardinal red because I am sure that will make a significant difference in the play of this team.

Get off my lawn!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2015, 06:25:44 pm
Get off my lawn!

My point exactly. You think that some of us are just old dudes, while those of us who played realize that this crap is nothing but minutiae. It only matters if it matters in the heads of the players, which is why I said that if they believe it, have at it.
Go Hogs Go!

FreshHog

If you look good... you feel good. If you feel good... you play good. Woo pig.

outlawhogeywells

PossumFan

George Costanza recommends cotton uniforms. You're cooler, more comfortable, you will play better.

OLDHOG

1967 North Little Rock Widcats, Coach Ken Stephens. We had the first white cleats in the state. They where cool then, they can be cool again, ya think?

presidenthog

I have heard that you in fact look faster the darker the color because of the way light reflects off of the color and it makes it harder for your brain to determine the speed that the object is moving making it more difficult to determine the angle you should take to catch the person.

passinghog

White cleats look better with white pants

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 23, 2015, 06:18:44 pm
Maybe it's something the players lobbied or asked for.

I'm not opposed to it by any stretch, I just fail to see logic behind the excitement. For example, black uniforms are cool because everybody likes the color black and the effect of switching to them is visibly noticeable.

Changing shoe colors is only one visual step up from changing the color of the pads inside of a helmet. However, clearly, there is some amount of intrigue and it it permeated all the way to SEC media days with what shoes the coaches were wearing. Clearly that was all a recruiting ploy, but it still begs the question, why does that work? New Oregon style jersey's I get. I can see why that would appeal to kids. Just wondering why shoe color is exciting.

Svrdhd

Someone should tell CBB that you're not supposed to wear white cleats after Labor Day.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

AugustaHog

I love the kids' reactions!  I could give a rat's arse what we wear, but they clearly like them and that's all that ultimately matters.

Hog N Bama

I dunno. Shoes excite kids now days more than ever. I like the tough look of the black ones. But hey, I'm not wearing them.

heatmiser

Quote from: Showtimehog on August 23, 2015, 08:01:32 pm
i disagree. Black is the best color for cleats. They go with literally everything and won't get dirty. The "white" cleats will stay clean for about 2 series before they become green/yellow cleats.
Arkansas Razorbacks

PonderinHog

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Blumpkin on August 23, 2015, 07:45:46 pm
I remember having white, grass-stained cleats, and wishing they were black, like some opponents' I'd seen.  8)

There was no white shoe polish in Blumpkinland?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: heatmiser on August 23, 2015, 09:12:35 pm
i disagree. Black is the best color for cleats. They go with literally everything and won't get dirty. The "white" cleats will stay clean for about 2 series before they become green/yellow cleats.

They're going to rub the green and yellow off of the polyethylene grass?

reddogjcss

When is the walking shoe replica going on sale? Lol gotta have a pair

Hogimus Prime

intoxhog

Quote from: supersaint on August 23, 2015, 08:06:55 pm
White cleats matter.
lol, first laugh I've had in a week. Just please don't retract your statement and apologize tomorrow.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

supersaint

Quote from: intoxhog on August 23, 2015, 09:49:53 pm
lol, first laugh I've had in a week. Just please don't retract your statement and apologize tomorrow.
I don't retract my statements, but I do get a lot of them deleted.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

heatmiser

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 23, 2015, 09:33:31 pm
They're going to rub the green and yellow off of the polyethylene grass?
cleats won't be white by mid season.  Not all of our games are played on artificial turf.
Arkansas Razorbacks

woopig

I bet they can afford more than one pair.

ml2200

Quote from: heatmiser on August 23, 2015, 10:58:59 pm
cleats won't be white by mid season.  Not all of our games are played on artificial turf.

They're probably never going to wear the same pair twice. 

razorback44

This isn't high school football. They have multiple pairs of cleats and they're cleaned though out the year. They'll look essentially brand new in game 12 just like they did in game 1.

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

RefineryHog

Some of you guys must not have any shoe game. Who doesn't like white shoes? Some of you need to break away from the strap on sandals and pick you up some clean white nikes! 😂😂😂

bennyl08

Quote from: RefineryHog on August 24, 2015, 01:02:46 am
Some of you guys must not have any shoe game. Who doesn't like white shoes? Some of you need to break away from the strap on sandals and pick you up some clean white nikes! 😂😂😂

I just want functional shoes at a reasonable price. I'm not going to buy different colored shoes to match with my outfits or things like that. If I wear a different type of shoe it is because I need a different type of functionality from it. As I say this, my current pair that I normally wear is 3 years old and the bottoms are worn smooth and they have zero arch support anymore.

redeye

Quote from: OLDHOG on August 23, 2015, 07:06:23 pm
1967 North Little Rock Widcats, Coach Ken Stephens. We had the first white cleats in the state. They where cool then, they can be cool again, ya think?

No kidding?

When I played in the late seventies and early eighties, I think everyone wore white cleats and I'd wonder why black cleats were never worn.  I can remember wishing Arkansas would wear black cleats, and it seems like I remember seeing a picture where they had back in the sixties, but I may be wrong.  I guess I just always thought that white cleats were standard, until everyone began wearing black cleats about 20 years ago.

I'm also a little amused that white cleats are popular with players, because I thought it was all about black uniforms today?  Has that changed already?  Last I knew, white sneakers were for old people, but that would include me, so what do I know?

Regardless, I really don't care and think the white cleats look nice.

RedRock

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Showtimehog on August 23, 2015, 08:01:32 pm

And they will look great with the all white road uniforms. 

Choctaw Hog

Seriously? 

Laughing Hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 23, 2015, 06:19:19 pm
Billy Whiteshoes Johnson approves this move . i love them , and they make you look faster . Also can watch footwork easier so it's good for coaching .

This. Never liked the black shoes.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

The_Iceman

IBleedRazorbackRed

About time. Black isn't one of our colors. Red and white!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: woopig on August 23, 2015, 11:03:47 pm
I bet they can afford more than one pair.

If you can't afford more than one pair, you put on new white tape out of the trainer's kit.

Dating myself as one of the white shoe generation. 8)

Craig O Squeal

ricepig

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 24, 2015, 03:21:08 pm
If you can't afford more than one pair, you put on new white tape out of the trainer's kit.

Our first Addidas were washable, good thing as we played in the rain/mud 4 of the first 5 games. I think they cost $19.99, but that was in 1975.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 24, 2015, 03:21:08 pm

Heeyyy....whooooa...we don't need to hear about who you're dating.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.