Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

program alert-2014 Alabama at Arkansas (On now on SECN 11:00 a.m. CST)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 23, 2015, 11:01:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Boy oh boy, re-living it, golden opportunity to score, wasted.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

And on 3 and 6 we go for the TD to Wilson instead of throwing underneath to Hatcher (wide open) who would have got us inside the 10 with a 1st down. Instead, bad snap on FG and we come away without points, again.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Bad miss by BA on a 2nd and 12, had Wilson wide open between the CB and Safety on the sideline that would have given us a 1st down.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Hogs get second T/O gift from Alabama on muffed punt at Bama 39.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Wouldn't you enjoy re-reading the game thread from that day?  ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2015, 11:34:06 am
Wouldn't you enjoy re-reading the game thread from that day?  ;D

Hopefully this one might be more calm. At least now, we have retrospect and know what we have for a team headed into 2015.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Oh crap, middle seam wide open, big play by Alabama TE, OJ Howard.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

TJ Yeldon "scare" of Flowers, big sack by the big man. Then Bama misses the FG. Man, looking back, they tried to give us the game in the first quarter and a half.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 11:42:05 am
TJ Yeldon "scare" of Flowers, big sack by the big man. Then Bama misses the FG. Man, looking back, they tried to give us the game in the first quarter and a half.

Did you think that fg looked good?

MuskogeeHogFan

Big fumble by Collins setting Alabama up at our 23, then on the first play, a missed INT by us. Damn.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Late throw by BA or it would have been a TD to Henry, but Bama flagged for PI, first down. Then, great throw by Allen to Derby.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Arkansas 3rd and 1 (a short 1) at the Alabama 5, time out with 5:11 left in the 2nd. Then, J-Will up the gut for for 3.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Naked bootleg by Allen and he gets drilled? What was that? Loss of 1. Fortunately, J-Will scores on the next play off left tackle. Then, blocked XP. Good grief. Alabama 7 Arkansas 6.
Go Hogs Go!

Tejano Jawg

Just tuned in. Since I was at the game—in the rain—this might be interesting to see. Painful, but interesting.

(Glad I missed our first fumble out of the end zone. I didn't really need 5 different tv angles of that disaster.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on August 23, 2015, 12:01:36 pm
Just tuned in. Since I was at the game—in the rain—this might be interesting to see. Painful, but interesting.

(Glad I missed our first fumble out of the end zone. I didn't really need 5 different tv angles of that disaster.)

That was unbelievable. Alabama tried to hand us this game in the first half.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Great stand by our defense. You could see this defense beginning to come on as a solid unit.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 12:08:47 pm
Great stand by our defense. You could see this defense beginning to come on as a solid unit.

Yea, a lot of first contact in the backfield.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 12:08:47 pm

At some point it occurred to me that day...man, I sure haven't heard Amari Cooper's name called much. We did an incredible job keeping him contained. But yeah, our entire D deserved a lot of props for this performance. Heck, it was good enough to win!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

MuskogeeHogFan

Our offense just really hurt us in that game. I know it was playing Alabama, but they dropped 3 potential INT's in the 1st half, turned the ball over repeatedly, gave us opportunities to be up (potentially) 21-7 at the half and had 11 yards rushing in the first half. We had 2 fumbles, a botched snap on a FG and a blocked XP and missed on a couple of INT opprtunities. Pretty sloppy overall. It was on a wet field, but come on man.
Go Hogs Go!

Professor Psychosis

So many missed opportunities.  I watched that on Youtube the other night.  If we had capitalized on our chances in the first quarter, it might not have even been close.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Nice defensive stand to open the 2nd half highlighted by a sack by Philon.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Great pass by BA with a LB in his face to Hatcher for a 1st down.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 12:26:53 pm
Nice defensive stand to open the 2nd half highlighted by a sack by Philon.

I'm so glad Bama re signed Kiffin.

TDHawgs

TDHawgs

MuskogeeHogFan

Another escape and great pass by BA to Hatcher for a 1st down on 3rd and 10.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Our problem, repeatedly, seemed to be not gaining significant yards on 1st and 2nd down.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Bad, bad call on Skipper, again. Skipper did nothing, should have been on A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama alone.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Folks get down on BA, but he threw the ball pretty well most of the time in this game.
Go Hogs Go!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2015, 12:33:11 pm
Bad, bad call on Skipper, again. Skipper did nothing, should have been on A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama alone.

That was TERRIBLE. And it wasn't just one shot by the Bama guy, it was repeated shots. I hate it when refs "assume" things, rather than just use their eyes.

MuskogeeHogFan

Tevin Mitchell shuts down Amari Cooper on a 3rd and 7 throw. Great play!
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Big, big play by A.J. Derby to score and take the lead. Arkansas 13 Alabama 7 and barely making the XP.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Gimminee, Bielema charging the field trying to call time out, past the numbers mind you, and no official will look at him. Sims escapes the pocket and Alabama scores to take the lead. I'm not sure how any Official on the field could have missed someone as big as Bielema, wearing a white windbreaker that makes him look like the main sail on a sailing ship, running out on the field trying to call time out.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

One thing that I have noticed in this game that defenses can key on in terms of the snap count, was Kirkland's tendency to raise his butt up a little more, just before the snap. Defenses notice those kind of things that tip them off. Bad habit for O-Linemen to have.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Lots of missed opportunities in this game that Arkansas did not take advantage of.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Another great defensive stand by Arkansas in the 4th quarter. 4th and inches and Bama didn't convert. But Alabama comes right back and comes after BA next play. Come on Chaney.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

3rd and 15 and that is the best that Chaney can come up with? BA scrambles for 14 yards. 4th down and 1 to go. 7:28 remaining.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Bad call on 4th down, not very creative. And we hand it back to Alabama at midfield. Want to talk about leaving your defense to do the work? Plenty of time left to play field position instead.
Go Hogs Go!